Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Front Parking Sensor / Fog Light Connector Pinout Needed

Got it, but just don’t know which yellow/orange is which and then to which pins do the 3 wires go to on the right outer parking sensor.
  2. R

Thanks! I was able to determine that the cut wires are pins 4, 9, 11, 14 and 20 on harness 15K867 by checking continuity. Based on the fog lamps diagram, I now know that pin 11 (BK-GN) is the ground for the fog lights. Are you able to tell me which 3 wires go to the pins on harness 15K867 that...
  3. R

That would be great! A couple of the cut wires are the same color, so I’m guessing 2 of them go to fog lights and the remaining 3 go to the parking sensor, so I was thinking if I knew which wire goes where I could check resistance from the main plug to figure out which is which. Thanks again!
  4. R

Thanks! Is there anything showing where each wire goes?
  5. R

Hi, my 2016 Explorer has front end damage on the passenger side, so the connectors to the front outer park sensor and fog light on that side were cut. Is someone able to provide a pinout to this harness so I can solder the wires of the new connectors to it? It’s the one with 4 sensors and...
  6. R

2016 - 2019 Explorer Sport Headlights

That’s the light I bought from someone, but it’s missing the led strip. Doesn’t match the driver side. I’ll be selling it and looking for another, so wanted to know if all different versions with the led strip will work or does it have to match specific to this model. Of course the sticker on...
  7. R

2016 - 2019 Explorer Sport Headlights

Hi, I’m back on the site after purchasing a 2016 Sport. I got rid of my 2008 Explorer back in 2019. This site was super helpful in the 9 years I owned it. Anyway, the Explorer I purchased has right front end damage, so I’ve been sourcing parts to get it fixed and everything is expected to...
  8. R

Replaced EGR Valve and now getting P0191

Update on this. Turns out the egr valve I got from Advance Auto was faulty. It was causing all the issues. Now I'm back to just P0451 and P0642 aftering installing a used motorcraft egr valve. I'm still leaning towards a faulty PCM unless anyone has any suggestions or tests to run.
  9. R

P0642

Hi, I'm getting code P0642 (Sensor Reference voltage "A" Circuit Low), which sounds like it could be either a bad wire to a sensor, bad ecm or pcm. Are there any tests I could perform to narrow down the problem? Or certain data to look for with a scan tool? Any help would be appreciated.It's a...
  10. R

Decided to try and find the issue today. I started wiggling the wires from the pcm to the egr and intake with the engine on. Didn't feel any difference. Then I decided to unplug the EGR and it started running fine. I plugged it back in and it stayed the same. I restarted the car and it was rough...
  11. R

Hi Everyone- I have an 08 Explorer 4.0 176K miles. Some back story first that might be helpful. Originally I was getting codes P0401, P0451, P0642. The only real issues I noticed was that it would rev really high on cold start ups and then drop back to normal after a few seconds. Not a big deal...
  12. R

4th Gen Explorer Pictures

Yea, now with the new wheels I had slight rubbing on both sides, since they stick out some. Had to trim the running boards on the corners at an angle without affecting the look. Driver side needed more trimming. Had to take a bit off the inside of the fender flare too. Lift would probably...
  13. R

It's been a while since I've done anything to the Ex. Just purchased an Expedition for the family, so I'll be doing more upgrades to the Ex shortly. Added new wheels this past weekend. Black 16x8 ProComps. The 265 75 16 Dynapro ATM ties look much better now than with the stock rims. Needs a lift...
  14. R

Sway bar bent? Stabilizer / sway bar links worn

Nice tip! Had to give it a couple more turns on each side . Thanks for all the help!
  15. R

After some driving around it looks to have straightened itself out a bit.
  16. R

I've seen it done both ways so I opted for the easier way without the tire for more room to work lol. There's probably no way I would have gotten the passenger side in if it was loaded. Wasn't aware of that moog version. Might be an option if the bushings fail quickly. I'm not driving it...
  17. R

Truck was jacked up. I might try that. Didn't want to tighten it too much and then risk not being able to remove it. What if I insert the bolt from bottom up, like stock links? I would think that could line up the bushings better. They looked in good shape but doesn't hurt to replace just in...
  18. R

Thanks for the info! I had to force the link in there too be she to get the bolt thru. I thought I wasn't going to get it. If I shorten the link it would cause the sway bar to bend down more, no? Should I be looking at replacing it?
  19. R

So I replaced my sway bar links yesterday with Raybestos Professional Grade. Driver side went on with no problem. Passenger side was a really tight fit. Looks like the sway bar is lower on this side and end is pointing a bit to the floor. Driver side is about parallel with floor. Old links were...
  20. R

So I replaced my sway bar links yesterday with Raybestos Professional Grade. Driver side went on with no problem. Passenger side was a really tight fit. Looks like the sway bar is lower on this side and end is pointing a bit to the floor. Driver side is about parallel with floor. Old links were...
  21. R

Wheel spacers

Looking fw to seeing them as well. I've been contemplating wider rims with a neg offset but if the spacers make the stocks look better I might go that route for now.
  22. R

transmission / please please help

I have experienced the same issues but it only happens when the wrench light (drivetrain) comes on. Restarting temporarily solves the issue. I've only had it happen 3 times since it first happened in 2011 so I haven't worried too much about it yet. If you search the wrench light in the forum you...
  23. R

online Cars in Florida don't come with them (unless transfered) since front plates aren't needed here. So the bumpers don't have the indent for the plate for them. I'm sure you could find one online or elsewhere if you want to get rid of it. I prefer it without it. Never owned a car with one :)
  24. R

Yours looks great too, explorer0629. Thanks guys for the feedback! I ended up removing the dip off the emblem.
Back