Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Moab june 4-8

Sadly unforeseen financial burdens came up, and I personally can't make it. But others are still going. I think you will even be the 3rd 1984 BII that will be there
  2. B

Moab 2014 May 16-18

if this falls through, we bronco II guys are going june 4-8
  3. B

Moab june 4-8

A bunch of us from the other forum are going to Moab june 4-8. it's mostly bronco IIs and first gen Explorers, a bunch of us are staying at the riverside oasis. I ended up reserving one of the 2-person cabins at riverside oasis. Instead of a tent site. If you want to also stay there they...
  4. B

Moab 2014 May 16-18

Ok, so when is the official date?
  5. B

Leaf Springs

I know many others have poster other options too. but try http://thesuspensionking.com/catalog/tables/tables.html
  6. B

4wd swap

I can't find the original thread, but found several others on TRS, that all say that the cross-members are different, and you can't put TTB, on a 2wd TIB cross-member despite that, read this: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=292320
  7. B

New to the site

so if I am reading this correctly, you are aiming to keep the 3.8SC engine, with an AWD t-case, and front diff? I would use the t-case from the 5.0 explorer as it has a really sweet viscous-coupler that makes for smooth awd driving. I even met a guy who machined the case of one to fit extra...
  8. B

4wd swap

IIRC the engine crossmember is subtly different between the TIB (2wd), and the TTB (4wd). some serious cutting was needed to fit the TTB housing. i'll see if I can dig up the thread I read that on
  9. B

2000 mountaineer v8 to v6 swap

to be clear, I was talking stock-for-stock, and for street daily-driving if you want to talk modified, none of the V6 engines are even remotely good candidates. That's why the cammed out, high compression engine under my hood isn't a 4.0 . when it comes to performance, if you want to modify...
  10. B

2000 mountaineer v8 to v6 swap

IIRC the 4.0 ohc v6 was 210 hp, and the AWD 5.0 id 220hp? so a power increase of 4.5% ? the numbers alone would make it a pointless swap. I've had a 1998 5.0 ex, and a 2000 ohc 4.0 ex. I liked the ohc motor better.
  11. B

Bellhousing alignment pins wont engage into engine

what I said was about putting it in I was just making sure that you weren't doing what so many people try to do, which is try to have the converter bolted to the flex plate first, and then try to spline the transmission input shaft into the converter. which after reading again, it sounded...
  12. B

HELP 89 Bronco II No Spark

IIRC, the pick up coil in a TFI distributor creates an AC current "Hall-effect" signal that the TFI module (bolted to the distributor) converts into a square wave pulsing signal to be used for sparking/injector signal reference. this style is difficult to bench test. You are certain that the...
  13. B

Bellhousing alignment pins wont engage into engine

to be clear, S.O.P. for auto transmissions is that the torque converter needs to be un-bolted from the flex-plate, and fully splined into the transmission before the transmission can be mated to the block, failure to do so will cause pump/converter damage, and a nightmare of time getting the...
  14. B

HELP 89 Bronco II No Spark

are you getting switched + to the red wire with green stripe at the coil? checked fuses? there is also a fusible link built into the main feed wire (black with orange stripe) but if that one had popped you would have lost power to many other things too.
  15. B

1995 - 2000 Ford Explorer Headlight & Parking Light SET

do these come with the adjusting hardware?
  16. B

Reprograming Speedo with these set up?

I had a 1998 5.0 awd with 31s on it. I did not change the speedo. worked fine. the speedo read a couple percent slow, but mechanically the rig ran fine
  17. B

1st gen 91' explorer MC Brake Upgrade?

I have a d44 sas, and had this problem for a month, I even got the larger 1 1/8" piston master from a hd truck (which didn't solve it either), then I randomly got a couple adapter fittings and switched around the 2 lines going into the master......that was mother's day 2010, I have had...
  18. B

new explonco from utah

I wouldn't say "sick", but I would say loud :D I will keep you in the loop for the next one :thumbsup:
  19. B

Hockey Pucks..Do they Last? Aluminum? Ranger Body Mounts

let me add that when I was considering this. the cheapest hockey pucks I could find were $14.00 each. and each sporting goods store only had like 1-2 in stock. I would have needed 10 of them total for each isolator. and financially that actually is not anywhere cheaper than buying the right...
  20. B

Hockey Pucks..Do they Last? Aluminum? Ranger Body Mounts

i have had hockey pucks on my core support for 3 years. in Utah's dry heat summers/below zero winters. so far so good.
  21. B

Anyone else build tubular inner-fenders/core support?

that is friggin' awesome, I was all set to do the exact same thing. with DOM and everything. But at the last minute I changed my mind since I tied it to the firewall, I opted to build it to intentionally crumple in a collision (a decent collision is was started this anyway) rather than...
  22. B

Anyone else build tubular inner-fenders/core support?

Has anyone here done away with their stamped steel, spot welded inner fenders/core support in favor of something tubular? how did you do it? mine was a little unique because my rig is on a chevy full size frame, I also hybrid-ized the newer explorer front clip onto it.
  23. B

Cold air intake advice!!

"on paper" the "physics" agree with you. in fact the graph agrees with you too. but the graph shows like I said, the real-world difference is negligible i'll stick with using outerwears. they improve filtration, and aren't hurting my power. I really can't ask for more than that
  24. B

Cold air intake advice!!

outerwears don't restrict enough to notice. I have used them on well over a dozen different rigs. this is based on my experience a colander is "like a colander", this is an outerwear anyone who has actually used them will say the same here:
  25. B

Cold air intake advice!!

outerwears/filterskins/pre-chargers I swear by them regardless of if you believe an oiled-gauze filter won't filter (and if mis-used, they won't) the pre filter allows much smaller particles than could damage an engine to be stopped, and just "fall-off" without being trapped in any...
Back