Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

Cheap 4.0 OHV Lifters!

I'll try to post some pictures while doing service to my stockers... Maybe it'll get to be a sticky...
  2. E

How to: 2nd Gen NO AC ( or heat) FROM VENTS!!! A "How to" what to look for thread

One vacuum line comes from the engine vacuum and the other goes to the A/C Control Knob in the dash. Eiber. :salute:
  3. E

95 ohv engine knock - probably belt related

Any time Sloop, that's why we are here, a true desire to help; although, I didn't help much... :P Eiber.:salute:
  4. E

95 ohv engine knock - probably belt related

Sounds weird, try explaining a bit better. It's like a typing machine sound? a knocking sound? it goes away when you accelerate, try opening the hood and having someone hit the gas while you look for where the sound comes from. Does it comes from the engine? the fan? AC clutch? Power steering...
  5. E

99 Sport OHV - intermitent hesitation when warm

By any chance have you checked the EGR valve and solenoid? your vacuum lines are all fine? How often does it happens while cruise speed? how many RPM? EGR valve opens arround 3000rpm so it might be EGR related... Did you replace the Fuel Pressure Regulator? did that fix your problem...
  6. E

2000 Explorer Alternator Battery Problems

Well, the first time I had this problem I just replaced the alternator and wiring, I had just bought my truck and I assumed "as I'm buying someone else problem, I had to fix it well cause now it was my problem"; after that, the problem continued, my battery was almost always dead, I had to pop...
  7. E

Tighten your caliper bracket bolts!

This happenned to me yesterday, thank God I wasn't doing any highway or freeway. I started to hear the rattle, got worried, stopped and checked, I was just about 10 miles from home; front passanger side bolts were gone. I got home as slow as I could, took the wheel of and found the rim almost...
  8. E

Another "Front End Whine" Thread

High pitch as a cow humming? These trucks have a very weak steering pump; when it's done it'll start humming no matter what. It's very easy to identify; turn your truck on, pop the hood and look at the steering pump, you'll notice any sound it makes. In the other hand, is there oil in the axle...
  9. E

Does it go off when you brake? did you check your brake pads? they have a metal clip on a side that touches the brake disc making a high pitch sound, it ussualy softens while you brake. I use Raybestos brake pads (I won't make them any publicity), and I was in a meeting they had for customers...
  10. E

Sounds complicated, try explaining a bit more. You did repaired various things so you'll have to explain a bit better. It only happens while in motion, going front and reverse? In my case, about two months ago I started to notice a sound while applying brakes, like a jackhammer... I stopped...
  11. E

99 Sport OHV - intermitent hesitation when warm

Check the fuel rail pressure. I had a similar problem last month and turned out to be the fuel pump. anything less that 65psi is not good. Also, a sync code came up because of a bad battery, it wouldn't give enough energy during startup and the ECU didn't undestood the signal, so that was...
  12. E

Tailgate Power Actuator

Thanks for sharing your experience, I have a 2000 sport and I'll try to install an actuator for both the tailgate and the rear door, the first to open the tailgate and the second one to lock/unlock the door without the need of a key. Eiber.:salute:
  13. E

Mystery Diagnosis!?

Does it happens when you brake? or during acceleration? I had a similar problem and it turn out to be a loose caliper in the front passenger side, it's extremely dangerous to drive arround in that condition, check the sway bar, bushings, brakes, and all movable parts... Just to be sure, check...
  14. E

How to: 2nd Gen NO AC ( or heat) FROM VENTS!!! A "How to" what to look for thread

Replace the heater control valve, it's leaking so there's not much to do there; now, did you checked all the vacuum lines in the engine bay? all those lines are connected to the same vacuum source that the air conditioner control is connected to, which means that any vacuum leak will have an...
  15. E

I´ll tell you about my experience; I have a 2000 explorer sport that everytime I accelerate, air conditioner only blowed through the defrost vents; I read a lot and found that some vacuum lines were broken, others were sealed by the previous owner and the truck had a CEL light caused by EGR...
  16. E

7 year old post still helps enthusiasts! I'll check this over the weekend and post some pics. Thanks!
Back