Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. I

DiabloSport Tunes for the Sport

Yeah, I found that too. I was hoping to find someone who runs it or has used it before.
  2. I

DiabloSport Tunes for the Sport

Is anyone running the DiabloSport "generic" tuner in their Sport? http://www.diablosport.com/intune-i2/intune-i2-performance-programmer-ford-vehicles/ Any thoughts? How fast are tune loads? Are the tunes separate for performance vs mileage? Or is it a single tune to improve both? Main thing...
  3. I

Brake replacement: Do it yourself or at the dealer?

I haven't changed my explorer brakes yet but I'm sure it's coming soon. Most cars I've worked on recently other than my F150 front hubs have rotors that can be removed without impacting bearings. (the hubs and rotors are separate) Is this not the case with the explorer? I haven't taken mine...
  4. I

SYNC 3 in a 2016 Explorer

Since both the '16 and '13 run MFT, aren't they basically the same? I'm not trying to argue, just asking the question to understand.
  5. I

SYNC 3 in a 2016 Explorer

I'm very interested in your progress. What is the software you're working on? I'm not familiar with what you would actually be programming. I would bet that you could sell your software package to people interested in making the change. If I could spend $1000 on parts and $150 on software, I...
  6. I

Sync 3

JMR, could you move all of this to a seperate thread? I know some might not agree... but this build deserves a thread of its own.
  7. I

Upgrading from MFT/Sync 2 to Sync 3

Right but if they start with explorer replacement hardware, then they can probably "build" vehicle specific plug and play kits. I'm just speculating, but that would make sense to me.
  8. I

2015 Explorer Sport - Intermittant no-start with push button start

Do you get any errors about car not in park? Mutliple people have had this issue, where it will honk in return but not start. Ended up being shifter not detected in park position. Have to replace entire shifter.
  9. I

SYNC and MapQuest

And Ford charges for Sync (at least in the long term) so this shouldn't be a big deal to absorb the cost. Of course Ford is ok with half baked systems and broken promises, so there's that...
  10. I

SYNC and MapQuest

No problem, have a good night.
  11. I

SYNC and MapQuest

She was referring to the Sync Destinations App, which if you've ever tried to use, you would see that it sucks. It rarely actually finds what you're looking for. And if you actually read my reply, you'll notice I actually referred to my wife entering destinations from the passenger seat. My...
  12. I

Sync 3

Vehicle would have a cell module in it with a service contract, much like the current remote start solution from Ford.
  13. I

SYNC and MapQuest

Huh? Who said anything about using google while driving? Actually I would usually send it from my laptop before I even got in my car. Or my wife would send it from her phone if we changed destinations (like finding a place to eat on a road trip). But thanks for making assumptions. The...
  14. I

SYNC and MapQuest

I know that. I already acknowledged that last time you said it. I have MFT with Nav and having google send the destination through Sync services worked PERFECTLY.
  15. I

SYNC and MapQuest

I hate that. I want to see it on a map before I route to it so I know it's going to the correct location. If Ford cared about customers, they would provide multiple reliable methods of data entry. The easy and obvious answer is google maps integration. It used to work and it was awesome...
  16. I

SYNC and MapQuest

That's all I want it to do. With MFT and Navigation, directions are handled by the system. I just need to tell it where to end up at.
  17. I

SYNC and MapQuest

All this talk of mapquest makes me wish that Google Maps and Ford would go back to playing nice with each other. Mapquest SUCKS.
  18. I

MFT SYNC 3.8 SIRI Eyes Free - Avail. on SYNCMYRIDE.COM for 2011-2015 Explorer

Yeah let's just completely forget the majority of smartphone users... (ANDROID)
  19. I

Sync 3

WILL HAVE? Forgive me if I don't hold my breath... we've heard that before...
  20. I

Tow-Mode Button Installation

There's one connector plug for the 3 buttons. You pull the trim off to get access to the buttons then you can pop out the button assembly. I don't know the part number for yours though because I don't know if anyone has done this mod yet for one with autopark. Shouldn't be too tough to find...
  21. I

Larger Tires on OEM & Aftermarket Wheels

I get a good look with NT421q 265/50r20 http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3371701&postcount=312
  22. I

Did NOT get Factory Tow Package, Now What?

The challenge would have come from your insurance company had you been in an accident or from Ford had you had a warranty claim. As you point out, not a concern for some... but it would suck to be in an accident and have it all pinned on you. Having said that, I did modify my sport with...
  23. I

Apps for MFT. What apps?

There's an Android App called Send To Car. With it, from google maps, you click share, then choose the send to car app. Then you call "Services" from your car and it'll prompt to download the waypoint. It's clunky at best, but it works and doesn't require fiddling with entering addresses in...
  24. I

New map for navigation

LOL, That's a huge delay... what, like a year?
  25. I

New map for navigation

I got the letter too. I assume it would be A7 but no mention and can't find anything online.
Back