Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

1995 shift solenoid replacement

Let me explain a little more. The o/d light is flashing and when you are driving at say 45 or 50 the tranny will not engage o/d at all that of course is in addition to it dying out at a stop that I mentioned earlier. As far as codes go I don't have any because I haven't taken them to shop to...
  2. J

The whole tranny has been rebuilt down to the torque converter. The only thing that wasn't replaced were the solenoids. With talking to other folks (not on the forum) they seem to think that's the issue. What leads me to believe it is is that when you're driving it and it comes to a stop the...
  3. J

Hey guys, anyone have any experience replacing the shift solenoid on the 1995 explorer tranny? Mine is out and I've never replaced it. Any advice would be awesome!
  4. J

O/D light flashing

Yes the torque converter was replaced with the rebuild. I'm not as familiar with the solenoids on the transmission are they internal or external, and are they typically an expensive fix?
  5. J

O/D light flashing

Ok, I'm a new guy here but I have a question for anyone who has transmission experience. My 95' 4.0 has about 243k on her and I had the tranny rebuilt about 20k miles ago. Since then the O/D on off light flashes all the time. I don't have a code reader so I can't pull the code. Best I can tell...
Back