Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

License plate bracket

I believe they are held on with rivets and u will have to drill them out. If u want to move it u will have three holes left in the bumper which will be very visible. I would just leave it where it is
  2. R

Wider tires on Ex?

Just installed 265/65/18 yesterday and fits and looks great. No rubbing either perfect size
  3. R

changing stock 18 tires for bigger 18 ones

I too would like to increase size due to the sissy tire sizes u can get with stock sizes
  4. R

Power locks

worked Thanks alot
  5. R

Power locks

I am wondering if there is a way to deactivate automatic power locks on a 98 eddie bauer with keyless entry.If so i have not been able to find any posts on it and if there is would it affect the keyless entry
  6. R

Bang

Can anybody tell me why when i use my 4x4 and disengage it all the lights go off back up so it unlocks and then driving around i go over train tracks or a bump and it fells like the front end is coming right out from under the ex. then it is all fine doesn't do that again till the next time i...
  7. R

4x4 not engaging

Took the hubs off my other X and wow it all works
  8. R

4x not working

When talking about no grease in the hubs which parts are you talking about my transfer cas is engaging replaced the shift motor lights all work took my wheels off and slid the hub off and everything stayed toger didn't find anything broken but quite alot of grease does anyone have pictures of...
  9. R

Auto locking hubs

When talking about no grease in the hubs which parts are you talking about my transfer cas is engaging replaced the shift motor lights all work took my wheels off and slid the hub off and everything stayed toger didn't find anything broken but quite alot of grease does anyone have pictures of...
  10. R

4x4 not engaging

Well did a lot of searcing and read lots of them great work guys lots of help BUT still troubles. I have 2 91 x's one with a five speed with i done did wreck and one with an auto trans.Took the shift motor off and replaced it with the one that i knew worked and put it on and the lights on the...
  11. R

body lift

I know i should have the info already seeing the bolts are all out but i removed this 3" body lift from my other explorer and guess what i broke some bolts and now I am wondering if anybody knows what lengh the bolts should be for the 3" blocks If i remember right when i bought the kit there...
  12. R

3" body auto trans..

3" body 2" suspension not sure if i am doing spring spacers or new springs ( any ideas) then want 33" tires on some mt fake beadlock rims
  13. R

3" body auto trans..

you bet all ready to go then just waitin on 2" suspension and then wheels and tires can't wait
  14. R

3" body auto trans..

so just lift her up and watch for wires and that kind of thing
  15. R

3" body auto trans..

I just took all the stock bolts out and just wondering if i need to extend anything on the auto tranny.I just had the lift on my other exporer and it was a 5 speed. So the question is is there anything different I need to do from the 5 speed
  16. R

finally sittin on some 35s

was there anything else you had to do with the front end or just put them in and drive
  17. R

did you have any trouble with you 2"lift i am planning on ordering one myself already have the 3" blocks on my other ex but have to put them on my other one due to blown tranny
  18. R

where did you get the light bar been lookin for one
  19. R

Remote Starter

yes it works just put a Valet remote starter in my 91 x 5 speed just need to unplug the safety neutral swith and attach a wire from the pink wire on the plug to the other pink wire. Make sure it is not in gear
Back