Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Transmission Cooling Lines & Radiator

Update Got "distracted" for a few weeks there. I had the idea what I really needed was some way of using a breaker bar to do the job, so I got a crowfoot attachment. Several problems with this: one was, there was too much play between the breaker bar adapters and the actual nut, so I...
  2. J

I hear you I understand about the technique although my understanding is that the middle nut (?) is supposed to be motionless. The wrench was borrowed and doesn't specify the make. I'm replacing it with a Pittsburgh ASAP. The radiator is ruined. It was damaged when the head gasket blew. I...
  3. J

So I found that an adjustable wrench and a tube wrench (5/8) worked on the upper line but the lower line (i.e., the one coming out the bottom of the radiator) is still attached. It's just frozen and soaking in Gunk Liquid Wrench. So contrary to what I feared, a special tool was not required...
  4. J

Hello Everyone! I'm attempting two auto repairs concurrently. One is replacing the battery cables on a 1994 Nissan Sentra GXE 1.6L (manual transmission) in the hopes I won't need to replace the alternator. The other one, which is what this thread is about, is a 1992 Ford Explorer Sport...
Back