Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

2018 Sport Rear Differential Cover?

It doesn't appear that there is a drain plug, only a filler plug. Why not just remove the cover, reinstall with a fresh gasket, and refill? https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/transmission/powertrain-engine-parts/cover-rear-axle-housing-6320369-1
  2. S

2018 Explorer SPORT tune and exhaust?

Honky, I understand the theory behind what you are trying to do, but there are a couple of things that make it a bad idea. First, any silicone you try to use to seal it back up is going to melt or come loose. Second, you are creating turbulence by putting extra holes in the muffler, and...
  3. S

STEEDA Sway Bar Installed!!

My wife got me the sway bar for my birthday! I played golf this morning, and then had lunch with my buddies. No time to install it today, but will likely do it this week. I'm looking forward to a lot less body roll!
  4. S

STEEDA Sway Bar Installed!!

Wife is asking for B-Day gift ideas. I am thinking of pulling the trigger on the sway bar. Are those of you who have it installed still happy with your decision to get it?
  5. S

Sync 3 and Navigation Map Updates

If you have Sync 3, you also have CarPlay. CarPlay + Phone + Waze= far more up to date and accurate than any nav system will ever be. You also get the added benefits of realtime traffic, speed trap, and route information. The onboard Nav is fine for local-fish trips because main roads don't...
  6. S

Charge Air Cooler weep hole

Why would you want to create a leak in a sealed system, and lose boost?
  7. S

Considering ECU tune (livernois)

I have the SCT tuner, and have had a tune on my 2017 for about 25K trouble free miles. (43K miles on the clock) In my opinion you have to consider a couple of things. The SCT has a lot of stable tunes available that really wake up the Explorer. (unleashed, 5Star, Gearheads, etc) If you decide...
  8. S

2016 Explorer Sport - Tire replacement

twobanger, the AWD system needs tires that are the same diameter, otherwise you risk tearing up the PTU.
  9. S

"Blue" ST

That color with the street package (Black Wheels) is hot like fire!
  10. S

Random Starting and Shifter issues

I still have my ‘17 Sport. That one isn’t going anywhere.
  11. S

No, the button under the brake pedal that detects the brake being pressed to start or shift. It isn’t our problem anymore. Traded it in this afternoon.
  12. S

Forgot to add that the shifter won't move even if it is started. Then it will randomly work after an hour or so.
  13. S

They said it seems that the neutral safety switch isn’t getting the signal to allow the shifter to move. Meaning the solenoid isn’t actuating and allowing the button to be fully depressed to shift out of park. Despite the part being 3 weeks old.
  14. S

This has been an ongoing issue for at least 16 months, and the dealer is even scratching their head. My wife's '16 EX Limited randomly gets "stuck" in Park. If you shut it off and try to restart, either nothing will happen, or you have to hold the PTS button for 3-5 seconds. The light in it...
  15. S

Sport EcoBoost 3.5L Tuning

Which makes better power and where in the RPM range? Which gives you the better gas mileage? Which one do you currently use? Which one would you buy right now, knowing what you know from real world daily driving with both tuners?
  16. S

Not really wondering the "How" in the tune. I have owned several tuned turbo vehicles. The last being an APR Stage 3 GTI. I was looking for someone who has tried both tuners to see what their impressions were of the two. I don't really need $1000 worth of tuners (with one just occupying...
  17. S

Has anyone with the Livernois tuner also owned the SCT X4? I have the SCT, but would be interested to get real world (non-manufacturer) opinions of someone who has owned both.
  18. S

2011 - 2018 Explorer Power Steering Issue

Mishtar, I didn't have any lights either. The steering just got tight, wouldn't return to center, and you could hear the pump and gears whining. Definitely get it checked out.
  19. S

I forgot to update this thread. Dealer confirmed that the rack needed to be replaced. They did it under our ESP warranty with no issue.
  20. S

Turbo silencer ring

Turbo silencer ring? I have no idea what you are talking about, and this is my 4th turbocharged vehicle.
  21. S

List of Useful Threads Hood Paint bubble issue only

New hood replacement here, and the issue has not returned. They had it for a couple of days. Hope that gives you some peace of mind.
  22. S

2016 Explorer Sport - Tire replacement

The recommendation to replace all 4 is so that you don't have different diameter tires tearing up the AWD system. I wouldn't chance it with one or even 2 tires. If they are the stock tires, you can get much better quality tires for around $1K.
  23. S

My fiancé started having issues on Sunday with her 2016 Limited. 38K miles on the odometer, but we have the platinum ESP warranty. Dealer can't get it in until next Tuesday. So far, the issue is only that you can hear something is off, and the wheel doesn't return to center when turning left...
  24. S

Part number for the 3 bar map sensor

Does anyone happen to have the ford part number for the 3 bar map sensor? I have the SCT Tuner, and want to add the MAP sensor as well, without having to pay a premium for it from Livernois or another tuning shop. Thanks, Sean
  25. S

List of Useful Threads Hood Paint bubble issue only

Peter is correct. I have a 16 Limited and a 17 Sport. The 16 goes in Tuesday for a new hood and paint. So far so good on the 17, but I check it every week when I wash it. Best of luck to you in getting it fixed.
Back