Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

02 Explorer stuck in 4wd

My '05 used to do this too, and so I got fed up and did what everyone else mentioned and did the brown wire mod. The switch I chose for the bwm has an LED light on it, so when the switch is on I am in auto mode, the light is on but fairly dim. When the rear tires spin and it kicks into 4x4, the...
  2. L

best scan tool for the money

I've used it on Subarus and Toyotas before if that makes a difference
  3. L

I've used the one I have that you mentioned on many many different brands of vehicles, domestic and imports, and it all works the same as long as there is an OBD-II port. Works good enough for me
  4. L

No problem. I just find 20% off coupons all the time for HF, but the retailmenot website should have one. Or in their catalog.
  5. L

It is the Cen-Tech 60794. http://m.harborfreight.com/can-obd-ii-scan-tool-with-abs-60794.html
  6. L

I have a scan tool from Harbor Freight that reads and clears all OBD-II and ABS codes, was just over $100 with coupon.
  7. L

How many miles on your 3ND GEN EX?

218,000 miles on my 2005, transmission rebuilt at 201k.
  8. L

2005 transfer case question

Thanks for the info. I picked up a transfer case from a 2005 from a junk yard that had 100k less miles than mine (woo!) for cheap, and although the model number was 1 letter different, it installed just fine and works a charm.
  9. L

2005 transfer case question

Hi all, I have a 2005 explorer 4x4 and I need to replace the transfer case. There are several donors for sale around me, but I was wondering if my car having advance trac makes a difference on the t-case? The ones for sale around me are from 2002 or 2003 and the explorers they came out of didn't...
  10. L

Very strange transmission issue!

I have a 1 year 40k mile warranty that I will gladly take advantage of. I took the mechanic for a ride with me and he said "it is totally fine and is supposed to do that"..... right. I just wanted to know what exactly to tell him when I bring it back. I read about servo failures, and apparently...
  11. L

Very strange transmission issue!

Hello all, I have a 2005 Explorer XLT 4.0L 5R55S tranny, both with 207,000 miles on them, about 2,000 miles on a transmission rebuild, and this is about to get crazy. I've owned the vehicle since May 15, 2013 and it had 165,000 miles and ever since we bought it, it has had a really weird...
  12. L

02 Brake Light Switch

Ressurecting an old thread... Went by this post and got a 02 Windstar switch for my 05 Explorer, weren't even Close so I went back and had them look up the part for my car and they gave me the correct one, so they must have changed styles of switches in the Explorer at some point
  13. L

Vent control issue - only dash/floor or defrost/floor

Bump. I have the same problem. Recirculation door is functioning. Just only have 2 settings, dash and floor, or defrost and floor. How do I fix it??
  14. L

BWM Brown Wire Mod 3rd Gen

I'm just assuming the button is in the same spot as mine, but I might be wrong. Check the owners manual, it should tell you how to disable it. You could also look for the ABS fuse and pull it, which will disable any safety traction features
  15. L

The button should be between the two cup holders up front. Advance trac is just ford's name for their stability control
  16. L

If you have advance trac, you have to push the button once and THEN push and hold it until the "OFF" light blinks. If no advance trac then just pushing the button should disable it
  17. L

Will a 05 Lincoln LS 5r55s fit in my explorer?

Will a 5R55S transmission out of a 2005 Lincoln LS fit in my 2005 Explorer? I am in need of a 5R55S and this one is cheap and has very low miles. Thanks
  18. L

Brown Wire Mod?? Questions...

From what I've read, just don't roast your tires for long amounts of time and you should be fine.
  19. L

Finished the mod!!! Took me about an hour of trying to feed the wires through the firewall and to the switch. But it works great and 2 wheel drive is awesome! The brown wire is on the passenger side of the firewall, in the top wire bundle. I cut off the plastic shroud cover thing and...
  20. L

Okay just making sure. I bought one just in case but I guess I'll return it. I will be doing the mod tomorrow so I will post pictures along the way
  21. L

Perfect! Thanks. Did you end up using a relay?
  22. L

Where exactly under the hood are these wires? Thanks
  23. L

My buddy's got a 07 XLT 4X4 4.0L with auto 4x4, 4hi, and 4low modes, just like my 05.... Not all wheel drive
  24. L

Okay, I am thinking about doing the BWM to my 2005 XLT just because I don't like not having the option to have 2wd. I have read all the forums and know exactly what I am to do... But today I pried up the passenger kick panel / floorboard plastic thing, expecting to find what everyone else has (2...
Back