Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

2004 Nissan Xterra "squeak"

Yes sir. Poked around a bit and ended up taking out my driveshaft and spinning the rear by hand which led me directly to the U-joint. On this particular vehicle you cannot replace the ujoint itself, but instead have to buy a whole new driveshaft. Ordered and will be installed Wednesday...
  2. B

Thanks for the direction guys. I played around a bit today and the u-joint looks great, no issue there. This is so very weird. Any more ideas...I'm open to 'em.
  3. B

You guys had been a tremendous resource with my previous Explorer and I am once again looking for some insight with my current vehicle as I have yet to find an Xterra forum with as much info as here. Topic: 04 Xterra, 69000 miles. Problem: Weird squeak from rear end somewhere. Imagine...
  4. B

Captain Morgan, '95 D44 Sas

Looks great. I love seeing all of my old stuff keep on keeping on... I think I originally welded studs on to match the 5x4.5 pattern, but I suppose as the bolt patterns changed, the need to mount different wheels became necessary. That thing was pretty darn strong though. I remember...
  5. B

Captain Morgan, '95 D44 Sas

I must say the bumper was built pretty strong. Glad to see it go to a good home. I actually bought a Kennesaw Mountain bumper and used it for a bit only to return it to them shortly thereafter because of their crappy welds, paint, etc.. That is where the bumper I built came from. I measured...
  6. B

sn0border88's SAS Thread

Me too. I still remember trailering the motor home from Jeff's house before I tore into it.
  7. B

Rausch Creek May 3

Spas, I'm glad you still remember wheeling with me. I remember when your recently damaged truck actually got dirty with us. The body has been mine/our family's since 92 (until now) and the motor I took from JDraper a few years back to rebuild it. Micah has been doing everything that I...
  8. B

Rausch Creek May 3

Glad to see that my old rig still keeps keeping on. Obviously alot different in shape that when I had it. I still try to follow all old threads which pertain to the east coast runs. If only the Xterra community were as strong. Doesn't help that I typically have a 64 hour work week with...
  9. B

dirty fuel system... help

Fuel filter... Not 100%, but I do not believe it is in the tank. That would be a first since it is typically a every 15-30k replacement part.
  10. B

NJ Pine Barrens Run: Weekend of April 5-6

I may be able to swing this with a buddy in his lifted Cherokee as well as my Xterra. Let me see what he (his wife) says.
  11. B

Jasper Motor

I've done numerous heads on the OHV motor. It's time consuming but not difficult. If you are able to pinpoint the actual location of the leak, we may know more. Compression test or coolant test is a great idea as well. Where are you in NJ?
  12. B

Got into an accident

Is that a kid strapped into a car seat in the back?? No insurance is just plain irresponsible.
  13. B

new Blackjack pics

WOW! I actually saw this thing get dirty once. Sorry to hear about it. Total loss???
  14. B

Tire/mileage calculator?

Blee, thanks. Any idea how to tell about my mileage? Is it 5% off? Any way to tell? I was not a math major......
  15. B

Tire/mileage calculator?

I replaced my original size tire (265x65x17) on my Xterra with a BFG All Terrains (265x70x17). I have yet to find a calculator to tell how much my speedo and mileage is off. This thing has always gotten terrible gas mileage, but it can't be this bad. If anybody knows of a good calculator, let...
  16. B

Out with the old, and in with the new!

Getting rid of the old one for 600? I may have someone interested in it. By the way, where in NJ do you live? I swear my wife and I looked at your house when we went on a open house binge recently.
  17. B

sn0border88's SAS Thread

I misspoke...not 02 but the purple tach wire. (for remote start) The o2 sensor was tied into the a/f gauge. I can't imagine why that wouldn't work. Loose conncetion at the gauge or at the connection point behinf the manifold?
  18. B

sn0border88's SAS Thread

I loved that alarm. Without it the truck/stupidly expensive system would have walked away at least 2x in our area alone. That thing was tied into everything. It had a remote start on it as well. That's tied into the o2 sensor, make sure you're not running rich if you disconnected that as...
  19. B

sn0border88's SAS Thread

Congrats. I find it hard to believe that I owned that thing. Next time I'm at my parent's I'll have to run up there and check it out. Everything else holding up well? I think I read about some trans problems awhile back......
  20. B

Code 173

clean and/or replace o2 sensor. You only have one and it is a bosch sensor. I replaced it maybe 2-3 k before you purchased. Not sure how many miles you have driven since.
  21. B

4.0 OHV Devils.

front of engine, underneath, right by the crank pulley if I remember correctly.
  22. B

4.0 OHV Devils.

check the cam position sensor. It may have gotten wet when you removed the radiator. Sounds like something may not be connected, wet, or loose. I know that engine like the back of my hand. let me know if you need any help.
  23. B

sn0border88's SAS Thread

look up the force II cat back system from Flowmaster and find the specs. I've been wrong before.. I'm out of the office all week on business otherwise I'd be near my filing cabinet( (with original receipt, I think) and if I call home my fiance would have no luck finding it.
  24. B

sn0border88's SAS Thread

I believe there is a lifetime warranty on that system. It was stainless. It was the Force II cat-back system. I think I got it from Jegs a few years ago. Had to move to NJ for work and the fiance. I'm just across the bridge though in Marlton. If you ever think owning a vehicle is...
  25. B

sn0border88's SAS Thread

subscribing, just to see where the transformation takes my old truck :eek: . Good luck. I would love to help but I have now purchased a home in NJ. I'm not as close anymore :rolleyes: Did the front end begin to give you trouble? Why did you decide to go solid? I know you had just...
Back