Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

'13 Sport - Hood Vinyl and DRL's

Thanks for the mounting info. My lights will be here Tuesday, so 3m double sided tape should work nicely.
  2. R

Radar detector tips/ suggestions?

Valentine 1 for me. Have used it for over 10 years and "knock on wood" never had a ticket. It has saved my butt many times! If you read all about it on the Valentine 1 page and research the forums, very few people dislike them.
  3. R

'13 Sport - Hood Vinyl and DRL's

Nice looking Sport you have there. I am going to add LED DRL's similar to yours and wondered if you would share how you mounted them. Thanks for your help.
  4. R

Cold Air Intake (CAI) Discussion

I put baby powder on the seal, and as I thought, no marks were left on the hood. It looks like there is a 1" - 1 1/2" gap between the weatherstripping and the hood, so plenty of hot air is getting in from the heat of the engine. I just removed my Airaid and went back to the stock air box, it...
  5. R

I have the Airaid on my Sport. It has been on for about 500 miles and other than a little more throttle noise when getting on it, it's not much different than stock. I do hear a sound that sounds like a flapper opening and closing (a popping sound might describe it better) when accelerating...
  6. R

I have the Airaid on my Sport. It has been on for about 500 miles and other than a little more throttle noise when getting on it, it's not much different than stock. I do hear a sound that sounds like a flapper opening and closing (a popping sound might describe it better) when accelerating...
  7. R

shark fin

Yes, I received the automated reply in the morning and later that afternoon they sent me another e-mail "You've received an invoice via Pay Pal"
  8. R

shark fin

T-1000, you'll probably get an e-mail back from them. I sent an e-mail to them last week and they sent me a Pay Pal invoice, I sent them the payment, and just received shipping confirmation today saying it's on the way.
  9. R

Airaid CAI

Great, thank you. I heard if you apply baby power to the seal, then close the hood, you should be able to tell if you have a good seal. Look forward to hearing the results. Thanks.
  10. R

Airaid CAI

Hi gkviper192, nice mod. Can you please tell me if the hood seals down on the gasket of the Airaid box or is there a gap and hot air from the engine reaches the filter?
  11. R

Continued Performance Developments from Livernois Motorsports for the Explorer Sport

T- I am still waiting for my vehicle to come in (another 1-2 weeks), so please let me know what you think about the Livernois 89 tune if you get it. Thanks.
  12. R

Continued Performance Developments from Livernois Motorsports for the Explorer Sport

Question for Andy Hi Andy, I am also interested to see if you will have a 89 tune.
  13. R

2014 Sport order status anyone?

My Order History Here is my experience so far: Ordered: 6-7-13 VIN provided : 6-27-13 Window Sticker showed up : 7-11-13 Blend Data : 7-16-13 :D ETA to dealer: 8-14-13 Delivered: :D 7-31-13 :D
  14. R

Roof Rack / Rail Removal

Very nice. Great job:thumbsup: . Thanks for sharing.
  15. R

2014 Explorer Limited 4X4 ordered 7/6/13

I ordered my Red Sport on 6-4-13 and received my VIN on 6-28-13. I checked with Ford Customer Service today and they said my vehicle does not have a build date yet, but does have an estimated ETA of 8-14-13 ;). Based on these dates it's taking about 10 weeks from order date to delivery.
  16. R

Great Ford Dealerships

Sun State Ford in Orlando. A great family owned dealership who takes great care of their customers. I always deal with Ian who is the Sales Manager and he simply is the best. He is always friendly and gives me the best deal possible every time. The service department is the excellent...
  17. R

Question for 2013 Explorer Sport Owners

Hi Todd, Glad to hear your dealer took such good care of you and the Regional Service Manager hooked up with a 3 year service plan. Now thats great Ford Customer Service. I have mine on order and was having 2nd thoughts after hearing all the problems some of the forum members were...
  18. R

Sorry to hear you are having all these problems. It's hard to believe that one guy can have no problems and you are having so many. I hope that your dealer can address these problems quickly to make your car right..
  19. R

Thanks TwinExes for the encouraging news. My daughter has a 2011 Limited and loves hers too.
  20. R

Hi Drwalker02, Knowing that the Airaid is designed for the Taurus SHO, does the hood of the Sport seal down tight against he weather stripping on top of the air box like it is designed to do on the Taurus?
  21. R

Hi Drwalker02, Knowing that the Airaid is designed for the Taurus SHO, does the hood of the Sport seal down tight against he weather stripping on top of the air box like it is designed to do on the Taurus?
  22. R

Glad to hear your not having any problems. Your comments make me feel much better about my purchase.
  23. R

Thanks for your comments Kpwweb. Stories like yours makes me feel a a lot better.
  24. R

Blue Raptor, I do agree nothing turns a head like a Raptor :D. I'm changing because it's time to downsize a little :( . So I drove my daughters Explorer Limited for several days and found that I liked it's size, did some researched on the Sport and test drove one. I've always had the largest...
  25. R

Red13, I do remember those commercials. I'm sure the turbocharged Sport will satisfy my need for speed :).
Back