Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

6th gen audio upgrades?

Ok, but its a completely dead forum there, I couldn't even find it listed on the forum page, how is anyone going to respond?? It is what it is i guess.
  2. B

6th gen audio upgrades?

Hello Everyone! I just recently bought a 2023 Explorer XLT. I traded in my F150. I have, maybe a lot of questions and the first is regarding sound upgrades. On my F150 XLT i replaced all the speakers and added a 8" bass speaker/amp behind the back seat, it worked and sounded great for the...
  3. B

roof console

here is my recent post about fixing the same leak as you have. "Update problem fixed! Thanks for the suggestion about the Sat radio ant, that appears to be it. When you look at the ant the back of it where it meets the roof, there is a small 2mm square opening on it's base at the roof line...
  4. B

Help needed with leak

Update problem fixed! Thanks for the suggestion about the Sat radio ant, that appears to be it. When you look at the ant the back of it where it meets the roof, there is a small 2mm square opening on it's base at the roof line, not sure if this was the cause and area of the water intrusion or...
  5. B

Help needed with leak

Hi Everyone, I have 2010 EB Explorer. The truck has 54K miles and just recently with heavy rains while sitting in the driveway, when I get in and start driving the roof console will start leaking, i mean gushing water out directly above the shifter. This water drains out from all sides until...
  6. B

Coolant flush & fill

Great info, I need to flush my V6 and the question is, who will take the old anti-freeze when your done with it? I know where to take back old oil, but no one seems to want to except old anti-freeze. Thanks
  7. B

HOLY crappy hubs!

Not exactly sure why the early failure. Started getting a lot of front end noise and steering wheel vibration when slightly turning to the left. The noise and vibration got much worse over a 1,000 miles or so. The Ford dealership said the left was very bad, but that the right was wearing as...
  8. B

HOLY crappy hubs!

45K on both fronts for my 2010 Explorer when they both failed.
  9. B

Front end noise, wheel bearing noise??

Took the Explorer to the Ford dealer and they had to replace both front hubs. Best thing is it was covered under the remaining power train warranty YAY!
  10. B

Front end noise, wheel bearing noise??

Hey Guys, 2010 Explorer 4x4. 46,000 miles. My story is this, about 500 miles or so ago, I started hearing some "roaring type of sound starting and it sounds like it is coming from the left front, but i know how sound can travel and be conceiving. My tires were pretty worn since they are...
  11. B

2010 head lights

Thanks guys for the help!!
  12. B

2010 head lights

Hello, I want to replace my stock head light bulbs with new high intensity bulbs. I have searched though the forums for info on how to remove them, but I can't seem to find any instructions? Do I have to remove the entire headlight assy to get the bulb out? or is there a easier way to do...
  13. B

Explorer in the snow

This is my first explorer and coming from driving a Jeep Wrangler, I was surprised at how well my 2010 Explorer did in the snow so far this year. PA has has some decent volume of snow so far and with tires that have about 38K on them I had to problem on unplowed roads. In fact the Explorer...
  14. B

Check Charging System

Maybe a engine oil pre-heater is needed?
  15. B

4X4 question

Thanks. I have the V6, so that makes sense. It's always in auto 4X4 unless you select 4X4 High or low. My truck does not have the AWD emblem like I have seen on others, it just has the 4X4 emblem. So I thought this button for 4X4 Auto engaged it? Thanks for the response!
  16. B

4X4 question

Hi Guys, I have 2010 EB Explorer. It is the 4X4 model. On my dash panel I have 3 buttons for 4 wheel drive. 4X4 Auto, 4X4 High and 4X4 Low. When i select either 4X4 High or Low I get a light/indicator on the dash to display which mode is engaged, but when I select 4X4 Auto, there is no...
  17. B

3/8 impact gun vs tsb??

What has Ford done if they break one and you have the ESP on your truck? They have to eat the cost then? Or are they just more careful if you have ESP?
  18. B

New explorer to the pack

Nice looking Explorer! Did you get them to drop the price further? Sounds like you got a great buy
  19. B

Tire size change

Ok, thanks! With my current stock set up and the 3.73 gears I am getting only 15.8 to 16.0 highway/rural mileage.
  20. B

Tire size change

Hi Everyone, I have a 2010 Explorer with stock tires on. They are 245/65/17. I want to upgrade to maybe 265/65/17's. The truck has the towing package, so it has 3.73 gears with the 4.0 6 cyl. The current stock tires have a dia of 29.5 and the bigger size have a Dia of 30.6 Stock Rev's...
  21. B

17" wheels with tires

I have a 2010 Explorer 4x4 and it has the stock 17" wheels with 245/65/17 tires. I would like to keep the 17" wheels and upgrade to both a wider and a little bit taller tire. Something wide enough that it comes out to the edge of the fender but doesn't rub? Any suggestions and maybe some...
  22. B

Dash Panel/Center console removal 2010 Explorer

Thanks!!!!!! That is exactly what I was looking for Bob
  23. B

Dash Panel/Center console removal 2010 Explorer

Hi Guys, I need to get access to the dash lighting 12volt wire to add some addition lighting. My 2010 Explorer has a panel on the left hand side of the dash where the dash lighting rotary dial is at for dash brightness. Has anyone removed this little panel and if so how?? Also I can probably...
  24. B

Suspension questions

Hello, I am new to the forums and to Ford Explorer's. I just recently purchased a 2010 Explorer Eddie Bauer edition with 30K mileage. The truck has stock tire 245/65/17. My questions are about the suspension and steering. I am use to Jeep Wranglers, my last one was a JK Wrangler. The...
Back