Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

4th Gen Explorer Pictures

Had a great weekend up north in Harrison Mi with the guys!
  2. F

Truxxx & 275/65r18

How many mpgs do you get with those MTs???
  3. F

Highest mileage 2006-10 Explorer/Mountaineer

:eek::notworthy:notworthy
  4. F

Fan clutch questions/Problem

Well the thermostat housing and tstat were replaced only because the thermostat housing went on me and im pretty sure those were replaced before it started to over heat, but the thing is i never hear the fan kick on anymore with the A/C on or anything. I know that it did when i first got the...
  5. F

Is it a difficult thing to do? because I am really considering doing just that
  6. F

I will get a new cap just as a start and i will have to check out the ways to test of the fan kicks on. I cant recall, maybe i should just replace it just to be safe. But that still doesn't explain why the fan doesn't kick on like it should:banghead:
  7. F

About a year and a half ago i would hear the fan clutch kick on from time to time when things got a little warm. Which now i know was normal for our 4.0s but one day i decided to race my buddy while it was on (young and stupid) and ever since then it never kicks on. A few months after that is...
  8. F

Ideas!?

Just added the roof rack. Sanded it down and repainted it a gloss black because it was only powder coated. I will be blacking out my rims soon and repainting my grille a gloss black i think it would look better.
  9. F

Overheating in subzero temps...

So i thought i would throw an update in this thread. i didn't replace the thermostat since i just didn't have time and it never happened again. I ended up getting a coolant flush at the corner oil change place and everything seemed fine until it got real cold again.. like -15 -25. I would start...
  10. F

Latest pictures... New ones tommorow also with safari rack custom made!

Okay ill have to do that wasn't very sure of drilling into the roof like that thanks:thumbsup:
  11. F

Latest pictures... New ones tommorow also with safari rack custom made!

I would pay you to wire all my lights all nice and neat like that haha Nice setup!!
  12. F

Yes the engine warms up normally and stays at normal operating temp. Have not loss heat in cabin since the overheating and it has not overheated since then. I will replace the thermostat just to be on the safe side
  13. F

Streetrod, Is the thermostat then bad if it stuck closed one time? I dont know if it would be the thermostat because it was replaced less than a year ago when my thermostat housing went. It hasn't overheated since, I'm going to get a coolant flush just to be on the safe side. Maybe it was just...
  14. F

Thanks for the input guys! Heres an update. I took it in to our mechanic that we go to and he had it running for an hour and a half, drove it for 8 miles never went over normal temp. He tested the antifreeze and its good for -12 and he checked the level of the antifreeze and its full.... so now...
  15. F

Started my truck this morning, it was about 2 degrees out and i let it run for about 10 mins before i left for work. Driving to get my coworker the truck was heating up to normal temp and there was no heat blowing out of the vents just cold air even at norm temp. Then all of a sudden the temp...
  16. F

Random Service RSC light

In the past two or three weeks my service RSC now light has come on about four times. Randomly coming on days apart from each other. i have plugged in my code reader when it has come on and no codes have popped up. As soon as i turn the truck off and back on again it goes away. No issues have...
  17. F

Highest mileage 2006-10 Explorer/Mountaineer

2009 Xlt V6 81,500 miles Had to replace thermostat housing, overheats with A/C on and when i went out on the trails. Fan doesn't kick on anymore think i need a clutch assembly :mad::banghead::shifty_ey
  18. F

Helpp Starts to overheat when i turn A/C on

Thanks for the input! I have sat at idle for a while like 20+ mins multiple times and the fan has never kicked on. It used to work when i first bought my X. It would do exactly what yours does with the A/C on at a light. So i am pretty sure that it is the clutch. I am going to change the...
  19. F

Lets see your Scenic PHOTOS!

Not the most scenic its all i have on my mac right now more to come though :)
  20. F

Lets see your Scenic PHOTOS!

Nice pictures!!
  21. F

I would have to dig around for that invoice. but No i never hear it kick on anymore i drive 35 mins to work everyday. And im sure it would have kicked on when i went on the trails it was probably 85 out and i was going up a lot of steep hills so im pretty sure the fan would have kicked on if it...
  22. F

Well in the past 8 months (i cant remember exactly) The thermostat housing started to leak so i had it replaced. So Im guessing that the thermostat was replaced???Or do you think that he used the same one? And i used to be able to hear the fan run and change speeds but not anymore. Thats why i...
Back