Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

does pressure washing harm paint?

Here is the skinny on pressure washing vehicles. Cold water pressure washers require a higher PSI to clean, even when using good detergent. Hot water washer use a much lower PSI, which is recommended for washing painted surfaces without damaging the surface, around 800 PSI. The combination...
  2. K

My turn to brag!

Not these scratches! :D
  3. K

Zainoed the X this weekend

Shine is nice But how long will that shine last? Going on a year and a half since my last polish job and it still looks great, even after 2 Illinois winters.
  4. K

My turn to brag!

Kaino Rules Bought a new truck and decided to try Zaino after everything good I heard about it, in fact I dont recall hearing anything negative about it. My truck is white so it really takes a shine to see a reflection in it, unlike black. I did the clay thing and one coat of Z2(?) the scratch...
  5. K

Powerstroke or Cummings or Duramax???

BGeen a while since I have been here. Interesting thread. I have an '01 F150, went to Home Depot and picked up 44 sheets of 1/2" drywalll, and the guy loading it said this wont be a problem with my Ford, good thing it wasnt a Dudge though he said, he had a 1500 in the week before that he...
  6. K

Oil

Got 18K out of my last Mobil 1 oil change. Had it analyzed, and the results were noral, but change was recommended. I had a 79 LTD that I got 300K miles out of before the body decided to quit living, and ran Castrol Dino in it. One time I went 30K between changes with just adding oil, mainly...
  7. K

Centramatic wheel and tire balancer?

its a visual thing dude, If I could draw you a picture of what i was trying to esplain, you would better understand what i was describing. Yes its attached to the axle, but no you wont feel the vibrations. It's basically the same as putting a ton of lead weights on a bent rim, eventually you...
  8. K

Colour of Oil in water

More than likely the oil would show up as dark floating on top of the antifreeze. In the crankcase though the oil usually turns milky brown, and that is bad, if you see that dont run the engine, you can kill the bearings quickly. If you suspect that your head gasket is blown, you can have a...
  9. K

bye bye explorer

Its gone! Well the deciding factor was of course money. After going to many dealers both used and new and finding that the value of my X was well below what blue book states because of the fact that people are not as eager to buy the Explorer since the Firestone fiasco, and also not finding...
  10. K

bye bye explorer

Well it is time to bid farewell to my Exploder. I bought it for one reason only and that was to haul 4 people and a horse trailer. Times have changed and now I need something different. I now have a horse farm and the explorer just doesnt cut it. Cant haul shavings and hay in it. So what I want...
  11. K

97 XLT AWD V8? $$

OOps almost forgot, expect to pay a lot more for gas in that thing.
  12. K

97 XLT AWD V8? $$

thats a fair price considering that is about what I can get for mine for a trade in.
  13. K

Oil change intervals

heh, when ever I get around to it. I think I went over 15K on dyno last oil change and it was still fairly clean, no gook when I drained it. Im running mobil 1 now since I have a habit of not changing oil when I should. Of course I did the same with my last 302 and I got 300K on it, so I dont...
  14. K

Any info on V8 Explorer conversion to true 4x4?

I recall someone posting about an adapter that bolts between the trans and the transfer case on AWD where the housing extension is that will give a low range. Cant remember what it is now though.
  15. K

Price I should pay for a built 5.0

IF and I say IF it was rebuilt by a reputible shop, and used good quality parts, along with after market manifolds, then it could be worth between 3-5K. On the other hand if the dude rebuilt it himself and it has stock parts and OEM pistons and rods, etc. it might be worth up to 2k. All depends...
  16. K

Help with PA system

some radios you can increase the mike output so you sound louder. Its whats called modulation. You can over modulate a CB and sound like crap, but if you get the modulation just right you can sound boomin on the other end. Power mikes like a D104 you can increase or decrease the gain on them...
  17. K

Help with PA system

you need to get the speaker as far away from the mike as possible, and if you can turn the gain down on t as well, that will help.
  18. K

removing emblems

shoot, sorry I didnt see this when it was first posted, would have saved a lot of hassle eh? OH well S**T happens :-)
  19. K

TRANNY FLUID

Its not that hard to drain the entire trans. There should be a drain plug on the torque converter about the size of a 10 mm bolt. Unscrew that, drain and drop the pan, and if you have an air compressor remove the coolant lines and blow them out. After that you can take a quart of fresh fluid...
  20. K

removing emblems

To stop all doubts There is a product that you can use that is safe for paints and all clear coats. You have to get it from a parts store that sells paint. It is wax and grease remover called paint prep. It will remove all adhesives and wax without harming the paint. It's also great to use...
  21. K

Leveling my x

Throw a set of add-a-leafs in the rear, it will help stabalize the cheap weak springs ford uses on the exploder. I saw the same thing on my truck. I think it is because the gas tank is on that side and puts the most weight on that side of the truck. Hmm do you think that maybe that is why the...
  22. K

Freeon Question

Heh a fight is brewing :)
  23. K

things I'm attacking with herculiner! LOL

Jeez and I thought he was joking about the grill.
  24. K

More Bogging Trouble. AHHH, need Suggestions! hills too

Heres something that could cause that, especially when you floor it. Check the hose between the MAF and the Throttle body for cracks. A crack can cause these problems because it lets air in after the MAF and screws up the readings.
  25. K

K&N Cleaning?

Well yah if you toss it in right after oiling :) This oil kinda acts like lithium grease, it stiffens after exposed to air for a while.
Back