Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Tuti's Mud Bogg, King William Virginia

:exporange :exp: Any one know of any good logging trails with good mud around king william or king queen?
  2. B

Tuti's Mud Bogg, King William Virginia

unclemeats this time the green grimlin susuki will put on a better show cause I want have too many bud lites in me. April 9th at 12:00 pm at the watkins farm . It is 1 mile off rt 360 in king william I'll keep some extra batteries for u. Unclemeats always takes good pics . My apollogies for...
  3. B

91 Sport roof gutter sealant???

a good seam sealer is made by fusor , it has agood flex life to it and is as good as the 3m prducts. the fusor brand is what they use on most tractor trailors and they see more abuse than most every day cars. but 3m has a good line of drip check and seam sealers too .
  4. B

paint gun questions- spraying some paint and bondo

Gravty feed guns are not the only way to go they are good but nothing beats the old binks #7 cup gun, I don't think that 6 gal. compresor is goin to keep up with the 6" sander. I wouldnt go any less than a 2 stage 80 gal with a 6 hp motor a god 6" sander like a dynabradeand for the new guns I'd...
  5. B

Old Explorer gets new paint

about painting the black to match the rest of the truck, after seeing a newer one with no black we should have I talked Unclemeats into leaving the black cause it was factory so it's my fault but it can be pianted the color of the truck with ease because it is broke up from the truck with a...
  6. B

ebay spray guns

guns sata jet and devillbiss gti are good guns so are the sharpe guns , if you are just going to use the gun every once in awhile go to Lowes and buy the ingersal rand hvlp gun for $107.00. for the price it spays a good wide patern I think it has a 1.4 and a 1.6 head.I use a sharpe platimun (...
  7. B

Adding a sunroof

most all after market sun roofs and t-tops leak . and the reason behind that is the factory truck or car with the sun roof was made with the structure to susport the sun roof. Go to a junk yard and find to cars / trucks that are the same body style one with sun roof and 1 with out , pull the...
  8. B

Wet sanding clear coat

The gritt you use for wet sanding depends on the reason you are wet sanding. You can start with 1500 gritt to get out nibs of trash then you'll have to go back over it with 2000 then 3000 to get thesand scratches out of the finish. then take a buffer (rotory type) with a waffle type compunding...
  9. B

Krylon Fusion and Factory paint (need your opinion!)

Buy the time you buy all these cans of spray bomb paint you can problely buy one of those cheap spray guns at Lowes or home dept. and then go to an auto paint store and get the paint that should be on there and it'll last longer for you.
  10. B

rocker panels

rockers Try www.1autobodyparts.com. they seem to have good part prices.I've delt with them on a few occations for parts . Or u can go to the ford dealer and get OEM parts. Do you plan to put them in your self?
  11. B

Tailgate adjustments

I think you have to adjust the lift/ tail gate while open. Try this , take a nail and trace the bolts and adjust alittle at a time it is just like adjusting a hood an open and shut thing and alittle at atime. I'll check on my brothers explorer if there is an easier way. But from a body man's out...
  12. B

Scratched Paint

i would do everything mike92 susgested except use gas on a paint finish . use prep solvent it is cheap and u can get it at any auto paint store.
  13. B

Fender help

kenr74, changing a fender on anything is not that hard. it shouldn't take you more than a bout 2hr.s but the down fall maybe hiden damage behind the fender to the fender wheel and aporin area. but the sheet meatal on to days cars and trucks are easy to tweek to get it right. good luck you can do it
  14. B

What color is this?

paint and codes Blee1099 if the letter on the door tag dose not come up as the correct color you can take your truck to your local dupont paint dealer and they will scan a section of your truck and give you a color code that will match. most any auto paint dealer will have this scanner, the one...
  15. B

410Fortune the reason the paint peeled around u r trim and glass is cause macco dosen't take the time to prep ( sand) very well I bet the areas that peeled the old paint didn't look sanded. some maccos do a good job but some try to just scuff and shot everything for the quick cash. you don't...
  16. B

I must say Uncle meats did a great job helping prep the truck and with this step by step he has posted. I really enjoyed the step by step and working with him. All in all the truck turned out really good and with min dust for painting it in the shop ( no paint both) for the price and durabilty...
  17. B

Unclemeats thank you for what you did when you came by you didn't have too . it was fun working with you on the job!! the truck truely looks great, I was you many stares of envy an dwhen are you going to lift the pick up and do a flame paint job on it? Keep it running and the wheels facing the...
  18. B

BIG auto accident (icy road)...need general info

rs camaro73, can you take pics of the damage and post them. if u can i'll try and give you a rough estament on time & $. U can get every part u need at the click of a botton. if the daamge is minor u can mud it & paint it. I just helped Unclemeats paint his 91 explorer. so if u can get pics &...
Back