Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

1/4 Mile Run Times

Livernois actually sends out regular updates. I definitely made the wrong choice going with lund.
  2. G

1/4 Mile Run Times

No more surging and it's -10 outside! Thanks for that fix. Whatever happened to the update on lowering the shift points and other transmission changes?
  3. G

1/4 Mile Run Times

For anyone that wants to discuss the Livernois tune there is a separate thread for that. Please stop thread jacking.
  4. G

1/4 Mile Run Times

Ok, going back to stock until an update. My wife called and the sport stalled out on her. It took her several minutes to get it going again and after that it was fine. There are currently way to many issues with the 93 DD and my sport. Hopefully a fix is in the works or I have a $600...
  5. G

1/4 Mile Run Times

So no one else has experienced the transmission not shifting on WOT? Any idea what could cause this? It's happen in auto and manual shift. It goes from full acceleration to the shift point then revs like crazy and it feels like no power is going to the wheels, it actually throws you forward in...
  6. G

1/4 Mile Run Times

I have not gapped down yet.
  7. G

1/4 Mile Run Times

I'm running in 93 DD only at this point. I've had a few of the issues mentioned above. The biggest problem is the cold start stuttering to the point it almost dies. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced my other issues. On a few occasion on WOT the car won't shift. It just revs mainly...
  8. G

Lund Racing Tune Issue/Concern/Recommendation

I was the one that posted the cold start stuttering in reverse. I've had 2 other issues that I've mentioned to Ken. I've had the car go from 1st gear on hard acceleration to the rev limiter and not shift, it just kept bouncing off the rev limiter. the other issue was a had loud clunk from first...
  9. G

1/4 Mile Run Times

Has anyone had an issue with reverse stuttering? I'm running the DD tune and it's possible the same thing will or did happen in stock.
  10. G

DVD headrest question in 2014 Sport

I have the optional headrest dvd players on my 2014 Sport. It's honestly not what I expected in a bad way. In my previous car we had aftermarket players that strapped t the headrest. They had their own speakers and would resume playing after the car started. The players in my EX Sport have to...
  11. G

1/4 Mile Run Times

I just got my 2014 sport! I'm tuning it tomorrow once Ken sends me the tunes. I will also gap the plugs. Are they easy to get at? .025 isn't much gap at all btw. What were your plugs set to at stock settings?
  12. G

1/4 Mile Run Times

SS mods I'll be running the SS tune when I'm driving and set it back to DD for the wife. I've ordered the thermostat and will gap the plugs. My question is the 3rd cat delete. What's the process? What are the gains over stock? Trying to decide if this step is worth it. Hopefully someone can...
  13. G

1/4 Mile Run Times

Sounds like fun! Let me know how easy or hard the thermostat is to install. I plan in getting one once my tuner arrives from you.
  14. G

1/4 Mile Run Times

Thermostat Ken, Do you sell the thermostat? I don't see it on your site. I'm assuming it's easy to install?
  15. G

How to: Explorer Sport EB convert to vent to atmosphere with factory blow off valves

Thanks for the tutorial Thanks, nice pics. I suppose if you still wanted it louder you could install a blow off valve whisle tip to the open ends of the blow off valve. My wife would kill me. Can you post a link to the sound in/out of the EX?
  16. G

1/4 Mile Run Times

Ordering my flasher from Ken today! Thanks for all the info on the forum and the PMs. My sport will be here in a week. I'll break it in for a few hundred miles, throw in some royal purple, gap the plugs, then have some fun!
  17. G

1/4 Mile Run Times

So if I gap the plugs, run SS and then switch back to DD or stock what will happen to the drivability if I keep the plugs gapped?
  18. G

1/4 Mile Run Times

Blow off valve I'm a few weeks away from getting my sport! Can't wait for Kens tune. I test drove one the other day from the dealers lot. I found 1st gear to be underwhelming, 2nd gear pulled pretty good. My wife loved it because we drove a new Buick Enclave just prior and that was as slow...
  19. G

1/4 Mile Run Times

Ken, My 2014 sport is on it's way. I plan on getting the programmer from you once it's in my garage. Three questions for you. 1) Is your Sport 100% stock otherwise like you stated early in your testing? 2)What are your thoughts on using a cold air intake and its effects on the tuning...
  20. G

1/4 Mile Run Times

Don't forget to flash back to stock;) The mechanic might take it out to test his work and be in for a surprise! On that note, my 2014 should be here in a few weeks. It's a 3 year lease so the most I'll do to it is your tune. Has anyone had warranty issues?
  21. G

MyCalibr8or Performance Tuning Device.

Has there been any recent discussion on the MyCalibr8or? http://www.livernoismotorsports.com/products/AIW-2013-Explorer-Sport-EcoBoost-MyCalibr8or-Tuning-Device.html I saw a post in January but no one actually had it installed. Is anyone using it? What are your thoughts? Thanks Update: I've...
Back