Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Phone Bracket vehicle mount PRO CLIP

I've got a Pro Clip as well, mounted in the same spot - but I got the one that snaps the connecting cable into the bottom of the holder "permanently". It's plugged into one of the usb ports on the other end. As soon as I drop my phone in it clicks into the cable tab and is immediately...
  2. T

Explorer Common Upgrades/Accessories

Shark Fin antenna (visual garage), floormats of course (I went weathertech), black overlays for the Ford ovals (I used www.dmb.uk.com), for Sports black lug nuts (Gorilla off Amazon). A lot of owners also swap the interior bulbs for LEDs. I've done some other stuff as well that is less common...
  3. T

2014 sport loaded to the gills

Looks good, I think the silver is the rarest color too!
  4. T

Passive lock with intelligent key?

I think Peter answered this but you don't need to use the numbered keypad to lock it up, a light tough of the black "button" on the handle does the trick.
  5. T

Tuxedo black vs sunset

I was going to order my Sport in the tuxedo black but decided against it because I thought the black on black would make it look like a million other SUVs. That said, it is the nicest stock black paint I've ever seen and if you haven't seen Tux Black in the sun you really need to. I went with...
  6. T

Painting or Plastic Dip Door handles

Amazon: Gorilla Automotive 71683NBC "The System" Acorn Black Chrome Wheel Locks (1/2" Thread Size) - For 5 Lug Wheels The "does it fit" thing Amazon has says it doesn't fit - but it does.
  7. T

Wheel Center Cap Overlays

looks like 65 mm... I didn't order the center caps but did order the steering wheel one and I don't recall needing to know the size for that, it was whatever they recommended on the site.
  8. T

Radio Is Powered Full Time.

Tim's post says when he gets IN the vehicle the radio works before he put the key in the ignition... that's normal? Of course like most cars the radio and windows still have power for awhile after you turn the engine off (until you open a door) but it works when you first get in too??
  9. T

Factory Alarm Sensitivity - Follow up to my windshield post

The stock alarm does not detect impacts. I have the aftermarket module that works with the phone ap and that does have a shock sensor. It works exactly as advertised and I recommend it. Starts or stops from anywhere and sends me a text if the alarm is triggered. Any of those things take less...
  10. T

Intercooler cover on Sport?

So the current answer is we're not sure why it's there and not sure what will result if it's removed? I'd like to assume Ford had a good reason for slapping it on there but if it has anything to do with cold weather I guess I can peel it off!
  11. T

Vehicle Security System: Part No: 7L3Z-19A361-AA

One of my co-workers ordered this and had the dealer install it on his 2013 XLT and they couldn't get it working. As for adding this to vehicles with the standard perimeter alarm this product is supposed to add an impact sensor - the standard alarm is the door open type.
  12. T

What can I do with it now? (Lund Racing Tuner)

Sorry I don't have the answer but since I'm about to order one of these tunes I'd like to know what prompted you to want to stop using it.
  13. T

Remote start smart phone app ?

Wondering if others are still having trouble getting this installed and activated. Mine is at the dealer as I type and it turns out they've never done this before, "the instructions are 21 pages long" (my copy is 19 but whatever), and "it looks like they have to take the center console...
  14. T

Livernois Motorsports claims First 12-Second 1/4 Mile Pass for a 2013 Explorer Sport

Is shipping to Hawaii going to be available on the pipes? Your website says not available to your area but of course Fed Ex comes here too!
  15. T

Sport damaged damaged in transit, need to build another one!

Do you know what your build date was? I ask because quite a few of us with Sports ordered in July and built the week of Aug 4-10 had mysterious delays of 2-3 weeks in getting a delivery for what was apparantly some kind of inspection by Ford (after the cars left the factory but before they...
  16. T

Anyone gone from a sporty car to an Explorer Sport?

Don't the tunes let you reset to stock tune before taking it in for any service? Just curious what makes you want to wait (something I hadn't thought of, etc) as I'd rather have the warranty in effect just in case anything breaks during the harder driving.
  17. T

I'm confused as to how so many members declare the chrome handles not suitable for painting but then several others seem to say they painted them up no problem. Is a professional body shop going to have issues painting the chrome handles?
  18. T

Painted the chrome ones it came with or replaced them with the edge paintable ones?
  19. T

Now I def want to do this... The question for me will be should I paint them black to match all the trim or color match them (ruby red)...
  20. T

2014 Sport being sent from rail yard back to Chicago?

This really shows something was wrong with that build week (or potentially wrong) as I found out my Sport had arrived on a boat Sept 4th and then stayed at the dock holding area until Sept 17th when it got to the dealer (dock to dealer is maybe 12 miles or so). Now it makes sense that it was...
  21. T

I'm really interested in finding out someone has put paintable edge (or mustang if it works) handles on. I would do this in a heartbeat if its a solid option.
  22. T

2014 Sport being sent from rail yard back to Chicago?

I finally took delivery today Sept 18 (ordered July 5th and built the same week the people in this thread reported issues with). My initial delivery estimate also was adjusted backwards at one point without explanation but it's here and I'm driving it now! Hope everyone waiting gets thiers soon!
  23. T

New Aluminum Sport Pedals

I'll buy. Thinking the black with silver countersink...
  24. T

2014 Ruby Red Sport delivered 9/11

Congrats on the delivery! Sadly, I didn't realize an R2 astromech unit was an available option when I ordered.
  25. T

2013 4WD Explorer - Towing Hybrid Trailer

Shieldskg, I just wanted to thank you for taking so much time to detail not only your questions but your updates, this made for an interesting thread! I ordered mine with the tow pack with zero intention to ever tow "just in case" and for resale. It's too bad you let go of the Ex you were...
Back