Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

94 speaker gage size

thanks man what I needed to know... Gonna make life much easier.
  2. M

94 speaker gage size

my speakers I just bought are Pioneer TS-A6885R 6" X 8" 4-Way. and that's the answer I was waiting on. if your stock wires do just fine with your set up, I believe I'll skip taking the door panels down (again) wiring it all up and just take from the old amp wire and wire it to that. thanks you...
  3. M

94 speaker gage size

well at the time when I installed the new speakers and the new head unit I did not plan on buying a amp. now that I am here, if I want a better quality I am gonna have to get a amp. other wise I would had done the wiring from the get go.
  4. M

94 speaker gage size

I'm not looking for a competition sound system, on that note I still want a good sound system. the amp will be placed in the back, and my plan was if the stock wire could transfer the wattage without much if any lost and handle the output of the amp I want, I was gonna take the wire that's in...
  5. M

94 speaker gage size

Random question, anyone know off hand what size the stock speaker wire is? I ask this because I bought new speakers a few weeks back and they are not what I expected. So Im gonna buy a new amp. The amp Im looking at is a 4 channel, at 60 watts RMS at 4 ohms,(which my speakers RMS is 60) I am...
  6. M

91 Explorer Computer learning curve

After a few months of owning my explorer it started to do the same thing, it would idle weird, die when slowing down (very dangerous) and just not run right. If you havent messed with the MAF sensor, try tapping it with a wrench (not to hard but a good little tap) while its on. If it bogs...
  7. M

chop top 1 ton ex.

Dang bro, I understand man, life comes at you and you take the best of it. I enjoyed looking at your pictures and you are a master at what you do. Best of the luck with your family and god bless bro
  8. M

Please help Everyone is lost as what is wrong

is the truck turning when you have someone with the jumper cables or is it just making a clicking sound? there seems to be a drain from the battery make sure all your cables are good and make sure your terminal are not corroded. if you are using a smaller gage jumper cable it will not have...
  9. M

1994 Explorer Won't Accelerate!!

Sorry.. Just so use to calling it a busa, but this is correct.
  10. M

1994 Explorer Won't Accelerate!!

Just my 2 cent in this fight but it sounds like a fuel pump/filter problem. I had a 07 busa that did the exact same thing. Swap the pump out and fixed the problem. It would bog down once you hit so a point, and would not go.
  11. M

Power Window Bushing Replacement

Hey guys just wanted to say I did this to my explorer yesterday and thanks to this write up my windows now all work! I did not replace them with a plastic bushing, but I did a metal ones. You can get a set (2 windows, 6 bushing) for like 6 bucks shipped. I highly recommend it...
  12. M

4x4 auto hub

Thanks Mark, so I need to get 28068X, (better than what Advance auto priced me) and then the hub. Probably go with the jeep one, little more, but stronger. Shouldnt be to bad to switch out.
  13. M

4x4 auto hub

after doing some research I believe ill go with the manual lock out hubs. I believe I saw some people saying they last longer. To convert them to manual i will need to buy the hubs, and the conversion kit? I called advance to see if they had anything, the guy didnt know anything about hubs or...
  14. M

4x4 auto hub

Hello, I know there are a few (and some are even sticky) forms about auto hubs for a 4x4. I have a simple question... Are the gears in the auto hub suppose to rotate freely? I cant get my explorer in 4x4 (got it stuck and it wouldnt budge the front tires when I put it in 4x4). I had a friend get...
  15. M

1994 ford explorer radio question

nvm think I'll do something else.. http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130P8400BH/Pioneer-DEH-P8400BH.html for the head unit http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130TSA6885/Pioneer-TS-A6885R.html for the speakers. they have a sell buy head unit get up to 50 off on 4 speakers. also comes free with the...
  16. M

or will a 6x9 not fit? I'm. seeing 6x8..
  17. M

I plan on by passing the stock amp, installing this head unit, http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B006KKS8BC/ref=pd_aw_sim_e_6?pi=SL500_SS115 installing these speakers, (all the way around) http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008M2HWZ4 what you think? think it will sound pretty good? and I don't think it...
  18. M

that's exactly right. I found where the amp is, so I ordered it off ebay today just wait till it comes in.
  19. M

I have the wire harness to the power of radio illumation dim and stuff, just what I'm missing is the ones that goes to the speakers...
  20. M

someone said it could be a 6 cd changer. could this be correct? I can't find it in this truck if it is it. if it did go to a 6 cd changer can I get a different wire harness for just a aftermarket radio to plug into?
  21. M

Cheap customization - paint?

Id have to agree with plastic dip. Easy, cheap, and if done correctly, can last you up to 3 years. go to www.dipyourcar.com they have different colors there over what your hard ware or walmart does. Been messing with it a few months now and love it, done my murano rims, catch people looking all...
  22. M

So.. there are probably a bunch of these around but I cant seem to find what Im looking for, so in advance Im sorry if this has been asked before. And thanks for looking and trying to help... So here we go. Ok so a few months ago I bought a 1994 ford explorer off a a guy for 450 bucks. It...
Back