Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Manual Locking Hub Retainer Washer?

Do you know what the material of the clip is? Are they more like washers are are they more like C-clips?
  2. D

Manual Locking Hub Retainer Washer?

I have a 1994 Ford Explorer XL with manual locking hubs. I found the attached diagram showing #8 "Retainer Washer." I am missing these washers. I have had this vehicle since new, so if they were removed, they were removed when the vehicle was being serviced by someone else. Does anyone else have...
  3. D

blown lower intake manifold gasket?

Now I'm left wondering how the poor kid made out... :confused:
  4. D

Are All A4LD cases the same?

Haha. Okay, thanks. I think that is what we refer to as "lugging" in this neck of the woods.
  5. D

Oh, thank you so much for the information. By the way, I noticed that one of the other kits on that site claims to eliminate "chugging." Do you happen to know what that is?
  6. D

Thank you for the response. I will keep that in formation in mind.
  7. D

How do they get those extra bands and clutches to fit in the same case? Is machining of the case required?
  8. D

I have a 1994 Explorer XL 4x4 with 4.0 L V6. The A4LD in it is the third one that it has had, and it has now failed, just like both of the others. This last A4LD has only lasted about 27,000 miles. It was installed by a dealer about twelve years ago. I am wondering whether they even installed...
  9. D

What Are These Things??

OK, I broke down and put the rubber pieces back where they belong. They go between the transparent plastic on the front of the instrument panel and the larger plastic bezel that goes over top of that. It only took two screws, five connectors, and ten minutes.
  10. D

What Are These Things??

Damn! Now I know why the plastic pieces are rattling around! I don't want to take it all apart again, though. Haha Thanks!
  11. D

What Are These Things??

I just finished dismantling my instrument panel in order to change a light bulb. While I was pulling apart the dashboard, these little rubber things fell out. Can anyone tell me what they are and where they are supposed to go? Are they important? Thanks...
  12. D

Identification of Air Conditioning System Part

No, it is working fine. I am just a little ticked-off that my manual doesn't mention it.
  13. D

Thanks for the information. The refrigerant in my system is R-134a from the factory.
  14. D

I would like some assistance in identifying the part in the attached image. It is in the high-pressure side of the air conditioning system in a stock 1994 Ford Explorer XL. It has a switch mounted in it that is closed with the engine off. There are two wires that run from the switch into the...
  15. D

G Switch

For everyone else's benefit, I just wanted say that I re-seated the connector several times and the problem cleared! =o)
  16. D

G Switch

I found it! Thanks for the help! =o)
  17. D

G Switch

Wow, thank you for the quick reply! I watched the video and it is very interesting. There is no mention of a "G Switch", though. I should have mentioned that I have the four-wheel ABS, which was optional for my year. Can someone chime-in and let me know the location of this "G Switch", if it...
  18. D

G Switch

I have a stock 1994 Explorer XL with 100,000 miles on it. The ABS light started coming on at-speed and then turning off again after the ignition is turned off. I pulled the fault codes and got only Fault Code 65 "G Switch". I looked in my Chilton manual for the location of the "G Switch" and...
Back