Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

Main Rear Seal

It's be a long, long, long time that I had changed a rear main seal. I have a 2004 Ford Sport Trac. Today I went to get my truck serviced for one minor thing now I am being told that I need to have a rear main seal and bottom oil pan gasket changed. I don't doubt that I have a leak, I have been...
  2. K

Drivers door, key chime doesn't work

I know this had been asked a lot. I have read the threads, checking to see if it may help me to fix my issue. When the key is in the ignition, off and door is open, I think it should chime, when I open drivers side door, no interior lights, when the headlight is left on after you pull the key...
  3. K

Mailman made my day!

I was waiting for my orders to come in from rockauto and the mailman came knocking at my door. I was excited, very excited... LOLOL. It doesn't take much to get me excited. My new bugshield and my windshield washer pump came in. It mechanic party time. I was going to take off the washer and...
  4. K

Body Bushing

Hey there everyone, yeah I am posting another thread, LoLoL. Last week my daughter and I had changed the rear shocks on the sport trac and wasn't near as bad as I thought, just glad that I am able to do the majority of the work myself, feeling useful again. I just order a set of Prothane chassis...
  5. K

What is the best and trustworthy web site to buy tires?

I will be needing 2 new tires to put on my sport trax, not used. I know there are some web site that I could purchase tires from but what are some of the best customer service and trustworthy web site to do business with. I appreciate your help.:us:
  6. K

Shocks

I am sure this had been asked many times, I am about to get a front end aliment done on my truck so I will be changing the brake pads and the front shocks. I am about to make a order on rockauto.com for the purchase. Does the shock come in pairs or individually? I just want to make sure before...
  7. K

Check your VIN for you ST's Specs

I have checked and used ncranchro's link to try to see my specs on my truck. IT wouldn't allow me to do so. So I found a link if you want to check your ST's spec as it was purchased new. http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/vindecoder.php
  8. K

A rough time to get back into the explorerforum

I have tried and tried to get back into the explorer forum for months. I even tried to reset my password. I never had gotten a replied back from the site. LOLOL I am glad that I wrote all those password down so I wouldn't repeat. Anyway, I had congestive heart failure in July of 2014, been rough...
  9. K

Where can I post a fundraiser in this forum?

Hello everyone, sorry that I haven't been here for awhile. I have had a congestive heart failure this past July and have been having procedures done left and right. The last procedure that I have done was a defibrillator implant on Dec 3. So any of you admins read this, please let me know where...
  10. K

Preparing Radio/Climate Bezel

This is one of the radio bezel that I have and thought I would test out on this one. I had my wife take pictures of the process. I have only used 2 light coats of the plastic primer. I think the paint came out really good. Before I paint this practice bezel, I think I am going to do some pin...
  11. K

Kajun's Blues Elite Registry

Thank you TBars, I hope I am doing this right. LoL I have a 2004 Ford Explorer Sort Trac XLT It's stock with the exception of bull bar, nerf running boards, and hitch. I bought in May of 2013 with 93,678 miles on it. I did change the factory door speakers with Kenwood on the front and Kickers in...
  12. K

My ST Build

Hello everyone, My name is Ray. I live in South Louisiana and work in the oilfield, offshore and on land. I use my truck for work so it is my home away from home and my office. I bought a 04 ST last June, it is a 2 wheel drive model. I would like to dress her up a bit. What I have done already...
  13. K

Leaf Springs

I am looking to buy new leaf springs to change out on my 04 ST. So far around where I live the auto parts STORES cannot get them and the STEALER SHIP is way to much as per side. Can anyone send me a link or even a phone number to call for New Leaf Springs. Mine are sagging, so I am looking for...
  14. K

04 ST Check Engine light

I had changed my oil in the Sport Trac this afternoon, all is well. When I had started the truck to get the oil movin' in the motor, the check engine light came on. I drive it for a half hour so the truck was more than warmed up. It is still on. I will check in the morning to see if it come back...
  15. K

04 ST Hitch, Nerf Running Board, and Bull Bar

It has been awhile since I have been in the forum. I have been working a lot lately offshore in the Gulf of Mexico. I bought a 2004 Sport Trac last May and having a blast driving it. It is 2 wheel drive and I have been thinking about dressing her up. I came in from offshore last week after a 65...
  16. K

Where is the warning chimes located on a 2004 ST XLT?

Hello everyone, I have looked through the forum and searched the internet till I can't see straight. LoLoLoL. My headlight warning chime and the key in the ignition engine off, driver door open warning chime doesn't come on. I would like to enable them. If someone can tell me where they are...
Back