Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Build Thread: 2000 Eddie Bauer

Great looking truck and $500 is a steal! Where are you located, im interested in the drivers side running board!
  2. A

Guy Totaled my Mountaineer

Unfortunately the car now belongs to them and I would prob have to pay for them. At this point she's probably already been stripped down at a salvage yard
  3. A

Oh man that's a brutal sight!!! Poor mountaineers lol
  4. A

I did not. I deff thought about it tho. However I got more money from the insurance because I didn't keep it which allowed me to pick up the sweet Eddie Bauer. Plus we have been getting crushed with snow the past week and it would have been a disaster trying to deal with the Mountie, plus I have...
  5. A

And thanks!
  6. A

I know! If I had it my way I would have both!!
  7. A

So last Friday I'm heading home from work and some dude blows his stop sign and t bones me right in my drivers door.. I'm fine, long story short my Mountie gets totaled out by the insurance company. Once the insurance gave me money for a new truck by some miracle I located my dream truck! 2000...
  8. A

Buying new tires. Need help deciding!!

Going to pick up some new ATs for my 2000 mountaineer. I love the look of BFGs but they are slightly out my of price range. I'm stuck between Firestone Destination ATs and General Grabber AT2s I'm located in NJ it's my daily driver so I want something that can handle snow and ice with ease...
  9. A

My Mercury Mountaineer Build

Well after all the little things are fixed and she all detailed up first mods will most likely be: Speakers/head unit upgrade HID headlights and Fogs Exhaust and intake I would love to change the wheels up but I haven't found anything I like yet..
  10. A

Since Mounties didn't come with fender flares (and I wasn't a fan of how mine looked) I decided to take them off. BOY was it dirty under, I decided to run it through the local car wash to get all the dirt off. Ill have to clay bar and buff the glue marks out from the flares.
  11. A

I took the door panels off to investigate what was wrong with my locks and it turns out to be a broken clip (pictured below) I went to autozone got a new clip, popped it in and it was good as new! I also looked in to the passenger side lock to see why it was only unlocking but not locking...
  12. A

It all started in 1997 when my dads friend brought over his brand new white 1997 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0 and I was hooked. I mean I always loved the Explorer, I guess it started as a little kid watching Jurassic Park, but once the 2nd gen came out I always wanted one. My mom refused to part ways...
  13. A

What else should I add to my explorer sport?

remove your pin stripe
  14. A

$700 1996 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer/Project Frankentranny II

Just found this thread, im fairly new to this site but not new to forums. EXCELLENT Build, i love the attention to detail in your posts and your work. Nothing makes me happier then bringing a car back to life! Im going to start my Mounty Build page make sure you check it out! Cant wait to see...
  15. A

Buying an Explorer tonight!!

So today I tackled both my front driver and front passenger doors to get these locks back in working order The issue with the Drivers door was the lock rod clip. Real easy fix, went to autozone and got a new clip, replaced the broken one, sprayed grease in the locking mechanism and any moving...
  16. A

Thanks for the info, I didnt realize that once you get the wiper working it still has issues haha. Im leaving it alone, We don't get tons of rain anyway!
  17. A

The lock actuators work just fine, the plastic clip was just busted. Since this is a Southern California Truck is hasn't been exposed to much rain, so hopefully seizing wont be an issue in the near future.
  18. A

So I look my door panel off to inspect the locking issue and I have found the culprit. The little plastic clip the holds the metal rod in place is busted. Time to order a new one!
  19. A

Post the pics of your wheels here!!! STREET TRUCKS!!!

Truck looks great!! They are 99 01 cobra wheels!!
  20. A

Not exactly sure yet. However I'd like to work on all the little issues first, so ill be tackling the door locking problems, purchasing and programming some key fobs, replacing the spare tire wire and a spare tire (its been cut) and fixing the rear wiping problem. Once I take the front fender...
  21. A

Thanks guys!! I know I know, I gotta fix up the little things. The battery didn't bother me, it was the weird issues after I jumped it that freaked me out. Ill have the alternator checked tomorrow and the terminals clap perfectly. Just gotta do some more corrosion cleaning. Over all I'm very...
  22. A

Threw a new battery. Cleaned the terminals (they were really corroded) started right up. No problems since the new batt. Tried to have autozone check the batt, but they said they couldn't get a reading and I need to replace the wires because they were pretty corroded underneath the rubber part...
  23. A

Thanks man I gotta look into it. It seems like everyday something else is going wrong. Today I had a dead battery, I jumped her and she started right up but as I was driving my ABS light started going on and off and at the same time the radio would turn on and off and the speedo would jump all...
  24. A

^^ thanks for the input Koda. However I have a more immediate issue I just discovered and it seems to be a VERY common issue. Drivers and front passenger door locking/unlocking issues. The Drivers door will open but the lock seems to either get stuck in the unlock position or the lock position...
  25. A

Here is my situation. I don't have the owners manual and I only have 1 key and its not an original mercury key. Is there any hope?
Back