Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

Exploded sunroof

I know your in Mass...but I had my pop up installed by a place here in VA, which also installs aftermarket power sunroofs that fit my explorer. I opted for the cheaper. It was called lee's custom trim, located in northern VA. (703) 569-1788 I can't remember the name brand of the sunroof...
  2. F

rear tire carrier

Cool...I'll search the for sale and see if there's a listing for one. I thought about the junkyards, too... So for the one you show Alec, do you have to have the custom bumper...or is that part of the "package" when you get it? I really like the look of it. I also thought about putting it...
  3. F

rear tire carrier

?? How do you open the tailgate with that thing on there? I am wondering because my spare tire holder need some work...the cable that holds the whatchamajigger is rusting and frayed. I thought about mounting on the back, but since I take my dog everywhere, I would need easy access to...
  4. F

Belt tensioner '97 OHV W/130K

Jeez Your just beggin for it, huh? ;) :p
  5. F

Belt tensioner '97 OHV W/130K

Uhhh Yeah...been there done that I had no clue what was wrong with my truck that day, as I coincidentally pulled up in front of the track auto that day to buy some windshield wiper blades and a part for my husband. 1st the loud squeeling and the entire parking lot staring at me as I pulled...
  6. F

What weight oil are you running; how many miles do you have on your X?

Castrol 10W30, 122k No complaints :)
  7. F

GWNF Fall Wheeling Trip

Its Not Taskers Run..Its Taskers Gap And it is an ATV trail in that peters mill system. On an ATV...it is SOOOO easy to loose track of where you are. NExt time we are taking our GPS. There are some SERIOUSLY hairy trails for the fourwheelers/dirtbikes. Very rocky (kills your back) and...
  8. F

GWNF Fall Wheeling Trip

I think it would be fine, we left our truck/trailers there while we fourwheeled without any problems. Kinda tricky finding a turnaround spot though... We went past the big hill down the trail quite a ways until we came to a more narrow trail that branched of into 2 more trails (one was closed...
  9. F

Squeel that Sounds Like the Brake Pad Sensor But Isn't?

Belt? Have you checked to make sure your drivebelt is tight? When my drivebelt tensioner broke, mine squeeled for a little while before it broke...(didn't squeal very long before it broke though :eek: ) Just a suggestion...
  10. F

#@$%^!!! Removing Spark Plug Wires, Help!

A lot of patience and some duct tape around the knuckles for the scrapes...my husband cursed the whole time he did mine...just wait till you have to put the new wires back!
  11. F

Air Filters & drilled boxes...

Ahh...I C Said the Blind Man... :) And kudos to ANY free mods you can do! I wouldn't have believed that that much difference could come just from airflow....but now I'm a believer :D
  12. F

OK Mr. Rigg it... Geez...What was the point of all of your efforts? How much did you spend and what is the savings? Better performance or more gas mileage or what? Sounds like a lot of work...maybe you just like a lot of noise, lol?!? ;)
  13. F

Draw back... Hmmm, I like to hear the big grippy tires coming down the street...does it sound anything like that, lol?
  14. F

Is there such a thing.... as too much air flow? I know that may sound like a silly question to those that already know the answer, but I want to be one of the privilaged knowledgeholders, too! :) And, my filter only cost me 36.00 or 37.00 and shipping was free for orders over 50.00 (I...
  15. F

I removed my stock air filter this weekend and put in a K&N filter. WOW what a difference. I didn't notice so much in HP department, as in the Gas savings. I went 111 miles on a 1/4 tank. I usually only get 200 miles to the tank. I wouldn't believe it if I hadn't exprerienced it myself...
  16. F

-XX- Paragon Run Late August

Not going this weekend. He wants to take more time to visit a place so far away. 1 weekend isn't enough (plus we are running out of money) He gets 1 weeks vacation in a few months.... Thanks for all the quick input though. I think we will be going to Harrisonburg and staying at the KOA...
  17. F

Well I would like to go and we are seriously considering it. I got a hold of the campground. The hubby wants to take dirtbikes so the kids can ride their bikes on the trails. Does anyone know if the bikes ride the same trails as the trucks? I don't think we are firm enough to commit to...
  18. F

Real Quick I didn't really want to read all 19 pages of this thread...could someone give me the lowdown? Definitely this weekend? Is there some sort of group rate for getting in? My hubby want to try out our new camper and maybe get some wheeling in too....sounds like a good place to go...
  19. F

GWNF Fall Wheeling Trip

Re: Uh- shouldnt leave your truck in the woods AMEN
  20. F

High milage explorers?

99,000 and counting Just flipped 99,000!, still only 4 things wrong since I had it (3yrs) 1) Thermostat 2) Blower motor for a/c fan 3) Hose split allowing coolant to spurt out (easy fix) 4) Tensioner body broke off the bolt No fix has costed more than $55.00 No major work needed...
  21. F

Steering Wheel Lights ?????

Cool! Thanks JDraper....you all are so helpful. I LUV this site!
  22. F

Parts Ordering

Just thought I would share that I found an auto parts ordering site. They say they won't be beat on prices and will beat anyone's prices by 10%. Check out: Auto Parts Giant I just got my husband & I K&N drop in filters for 36.00 each. Cheapest I have seen so far, and orders over 50.00...
  23. F

A/C repair-fix or......

You're welcome Although I don't know enough to say that a blocked return would cause your compressor to kick on and off...but is sure could keep the recycled air from keeping you cool enough. Good luck!
  24. F

Steering Wheel Lights ?????

Horn Airbag Assembly Can you be more specific with the procedure? I too would like to put new bulb in the area of my on/off side, but was afraid of the airbag getting messed up while fooling around in there...but you say it only took 20 min? Any tips for this...my interest is piqued!
  25. F

A/C repair-fix or......

Return I was talking about the air return. His was on the inside passengers side under the glove box. It was near the heater core, but he has a 94 Chevy 2500 series pick up, so yours may be different. I imagine there isn't a huge variation. When on max air, you are using recycled air, so...
Back