Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Firm to hard shift

Yes, we took it to the dealer and they fixed it. Didn't ask what they did to fix it. We bought an extended warranty out to seven years. I,m waiting for the all electric explorer.
  2. D

ABS randomly kicking in

Can't codes be cleared by disconnecting the battery for 15 minutes ?
  3. D

Solved My transmission shifts hard after battery replacement.

This might help to not loose memory. I read this years ago. Before you replace a car battery make a nine volt hook up to a power/lighter outlet. Plug in the nine volt to power outlet. Change the car battery and replace the positive and negative cables to battery. This will save the memory for...
  4. D

Rough idle/stumble

2018 explorer 3.5 NA front wheel drive. Bought 7/2018, 6200.00 miles. Also hesitation from a stop. 90% local driving, very little highway driving. Maybe try some gas additive to clear carbon from heads?
  5. D

Explorer Sport purge valve location?

2015 Sport Purge Valve location ford explorer - Verizon Yahoo Search Image Search Results
  6. D

Wiper Blade Skipping

I tried silicone wiper blades and they worked great. I could never find them in any auto stores. I had to buy them online.
  7. D

Fuel Spillage Issues

I don't know if I have this problem. I live in New Jersey and we are not allowed to pump our own fuel.:)
  8. D

Gas Additive for Ford Explorer Sport

One way to get rid of water in your gas tank is to put some denatured alcohol in the tank. It's cheap and easy to get. But what was said above, keep your tank full as possible helps keep the water down with less air in the tank.
  9. D

Intermittent hesitation from stop

2018 explorer 2 wheel drive V6 NA auto. It has a hesatation some times. It only has 5300 miles. We bought it new in July 2017. You know if I take it to the dealer they will say (Unable to duplicate). Has anyone else experianced this?
  10. D

Shopping for new engine

Check out this place. /www.powertrainproducts.net/
  11. D

Tunes for the N/A 3.5L Explorers

I ordered my explorer 3.5 (2018) with out turbos.:( Now I wish I had the turbos. What can be done without buying a new one or adding turbo. Does anyone make a computer chip for a 3.5 na v6 ? I did install a K&N air filter. I haven't tried using premium fuel. A super charger could be as much as...
  12. D

Whistling sound when applying or releasing light throttle, coming from engine bay

I am going to pass on some thing I read years ago about an easy way to find a vacuum leak. Get a propane tank you use to solder with. Remove the tip where the flame comes out. If you have enough room for the tank to get close to the vacuum hoses put the end where the flame nozzle went and move...
  13. D

Question on heater control

The defroster vents work and the AC vents work. Nothing will come out of the floor vents. I guess it is a motor or cable problem.
  14. D

No heat on the floor at all.:dunno:
  15. D

2018 explorer xlt V6 two wheel drive. For some reason we can't get heat to come out on the floor to warm our feet. It would be to easy to ask the dealer.:dunno:
  16. D

Split Armrest Issue

I say to bite the bullet and buy a new one from FORD. That arm rest is the most used one in the car.
  17. D

Remote Start

I just opened my remote.The battery is a CR2450 3V. I have no idea what the range is with that battery. :dunno:
  18. D

Remote Start

Guilty on the cell phone chargers, but no lamps. We had one lamp a few years ago that was a touch lamp and it would produce a hum on the radio in the house. It took a while to track down the cause of the hum. When I unplugged the lamp the hum stopped. We don't have that lamp any more. Thanks...
  19. D

Remote Start

What is the range for 2018 remote start . My key fob will not start our 2018 explorer from inside the house standing in front of a window on the drive way side and the EX is only five feet away. The window is an insulated double pane and a screen. I can get the lights to flash when I lock it...
  20. D

Price check: 2018 Sport with 401A

Mike, I see you are saving a lot of money. You mentioned dealer fees. If that is dealer prep I can give you an X plan pin number that will eliminate the dealer prep fee. I'm retired ford and give these numbers to friends and neighbors. Let me know and I can generate an X plan pin number in a...
  21. D

Fortin Remote Start Question

Peter, Yes there was but I deleted it.
  22. D

Fortin Remote Start Question

I don't know if this will help, but it is a start
  23. D

Remote start stopped working.

I know you have to lock the car or it won't start. So I push the lock button on the remote and the lights flash but no horn beep. When we first got the car it worked fine. Then one day it didn't work and it still doesn't work. Do you think the explorer knows we traded in our Jeep grand...
  24. D

Remote start stopped working.

We bought our 2018 explorer XLT in July. The remote start stopped working so it is going into the dealer on 11/21 to be checked out. I have no idea what it is. We like that feature so we don't have to get into a cold/hot car. When I hit the remote the lights don't flash and the horn doesn't...
  25. D

Hey guys!

I was a volunteer firemen for five years in north jersey. When we moved to south jersey I joined a rescue squad that was separate from the fire department. I was a volunteer EMT for twelve years. I used a blue light on the roof and my four way flashers. Never had a problem. Most people would...
Back