Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Lowering the Explorer

I used Explorer specific and not the Flex springs. No issues or noises at all to speak of. Good luck! Darren
  2. S

Lowering the Explorer

Finally had a chance to get my H&R Sport Springs installed in the 2017 Sport. These are the day I brought it home so they still need to settle a bit more. Welded in stainless Flowmaster Outlaws will be next to give it a deeper tone. Darren
  3. S

Lowering the Explorer

Will do with the picture. Sent you a PM with the dealership details along with another recommended dealership who is mod friendly.
  4. S

Lowering the Explorer

My H&R Springs arrived this week for my 2017. Will post pics in two weeks after my dealership installs them. In my case, they are honouring full warranty because they are doing the work. Worth asking your dealership about as well. Darren
  5. S

Tint % on rear windows of new Explorer Sport

Can anyone tell me the precise tint % that is on the rear windows of the new 2017 Explorers? They used to have 17% but I wanted to know if that has changed. Thanks. Darren
  6. S

2017 Owners - Can you please check the bolts that secure your hood>>>

As was mine. My bolts are magnetic however you can see where the paint is scratched from a wrench of sorts and I am trying to determine what might have happened. Thanks very much. Darren
  7. S

Thanks for the response. To clarify, the bolts that attach the hood to the hinge. Thanks. D.
  8. S

I was detailing my new 2017 under the hood and noticed that my all 4 of my bolts/nuts have the paint off them from the factory and I wondering if all of the new trucks are shipped this way after installation or if mine have been removed for some reason. There is still paint showing on the...
  9. S

2017 Explorer Sport Arrived - Ambient Light and Sync 3 Questions Pls.>>>

Thank you Lewisra...not what I wanted to hear but I appreciate having my question confirmed. Darren
  10. S

Just checked and the colour options are: Ice Blue Soft Blue Blue ...however, the Blue is actually more of a purple and the purple is more a lavender/mauve if that makes sense. The bold Ford Blue, while the Blue appears that way on the screen, is actually now a purple blue - more purple. I...
  11. S

Thanks Peter - sig. is updated. :) My Service Manager actually helped me with the part number of the H&R units and I verified that as long as they install them, no impact on warranty. They all drive modified vehicles so it is a mod friendly dealer. I am lucky in that way. Eager for responses...
  12. S

How to: Explorer LED Interior swap + Puddle Lamps DIY

Will their LED kit do the entire vehicle on the inside? I have a 2017 Sport. Is there modification to just change the bulbs? Thanks. Darren
  13. S

Good evening everyone. I picked up my 2017 Explorer Sport in Magnetic this afternoon and I love the vehicle. Very pleased with all aspects; I am baffled that unlike the F150s, the new Explorers do not offer full LED lighting. Luckily I removed the reverse and tag lights from my 2014 before...
  14. S

2017 Explorer Sport Exhaust Orientation - Are they still offset inlet/centre outlet?

No worries. A friend provided pics of his 2016 and the orientation is the same. 2 Flowmaster 10 series were ordered today. Truck arrived this afternoon as well and I take possession on Wednesday after I detail it...no dealer installed scratches for me. ;) Pics to follow. Thank you everyone...
  15. S

2017 Explorer Sport Exhaust Orientation - Are they still offset inlet/centre outlet?

Just to clarify, when you say down the middle, when the pipe enters the rear muffler, does it go in the muffler slightly off to the side and then exit at the back in the middle? This was the orientation on my 2014 however I need to confirm so I can order the correct Flowmasters for my 2017...
  16. S

Lowering the Explorer

Hi there. Will be swapping my K&N too and then adding Flowmaster Super 10s to the exhaust and that will be all. Been very happy with the 2014...looking forward to the new ride and trying Magnetic this time. D.
  17. S

Lowering the Explorer

Thanks for the response Peter. I am fortunate in that I have a modifications friendly dealer and they will actually be installing my springs and warrantying the install. I will be moving over the H&R springs from my 2014 Ex Sport that they too installed. It is a great relationship and they...
  18. S

Lowering the Explorer

Has anyone lowered their 2017 Sport yet and if so could you please share some pics? Thanks. Darren
  19. S

Could someone with a 2017 Ex Sport pls. look under the back and verify the exhaust orientation for me? Thanks guys. Darren
  20. S

As the question poses, looking for the stock orientation of the 2017 Ex Sport exhaust. Thank you in advance. Darren
  21. S

Aftermarket Sport Exhaust Thread

I would recommend NoyzBoyz - they did the exhaust on my 2000 Mustang show car and it is still rock solid 10 years later. Darren
  22. S

Aftermarket Sport Exhaust Thread

Have a 2017 arriving any day and just about to order my offset/centre Flowmaster 10s (Outlaw) mufflers to be welded into the new truck. The Super 44s sound great on my 2014 however looking for a bit more sound on the new DD. I will post results as I get it completed. Darren
  23. S

2016 Foglight Bulb Size...

Thanks guys! That is great. D.
  24. S

2016 Foglight Bulb Size...

Awesome to hear! Are they H10? Gong to call my dealer to see if I can add to my order. Otherwise, will get them through my source. D.
Back