Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 0

Rear Differential replaced.

I recently had my rear diff replaced. I assumed the shop got the correct gearing, because they asked for the VIN. I picked the truck up and drove it home, maybe 3 miles. Parked it for about 3 weeks. Drove it yesterday, seemed fine the first mile or so. When I came to a stop sign and then...
  2. 0

ABS light, C1165, RR Input circuit failure

The ABS and Trac-control light came on. I was told it was the right rear wheel sensor. I purchase a new wheel speed sensor and replace it. Start the truck up, the ABS light is still lite up, but Trac is off. I figured I just needed to drive it and it would reset itself, wrong. I go pull out...
  3. 0

3rd gear shudder/hesitation

So I have a lead on a great deal for an 05 V8 175k, through family. But im told it hesitates or shudders in 3rd gear before shifting. I haven't driven it yet, so I'm just going on what im told. But they say it's a sensor. Is this possible, could it be solenoids or something? I just want to...
  4. 0

Oil Catch Can

Has anyone installed one on their 4.6L 3v. I'm thinking of doing one. If anyone has pics of the install, please post and share your experience.
  5. 0

Rear Diff axle seal's

I have 06 Mountaineer AWD 4.6L I need to replace my rear axle seals. When I went on Rockauto, there are so many different options or variables. How do I know which one I need?
  6. 0

Radio is cycling the CD player

My 6 disc cd player is making the Errrrr noise of a stuck disc and then cycle through, when I first start the truck. I don't have any CD's in there and haven't in over a year, and it just started doing it. I don't even have the radio set to CD, its on AM/FM. Any reason for this?
  7. 0

Rear Hatch won't open

I went to open my rear hatch the other day and the handle felt soft and I didn't feel the click of it releasing. I tried pushing on it, thinking it wasn't fully engaged, but it's closed. How do I get it open, so I can check the inner workings? The glass release still works.
  8. 0

Possibly all tied together?

My CEL came on recently and with a list of codes. I thinking that some of them are caused by one another. So where should I start first to start eliminating the issues. I dont want to throw parts at it, if all I need to do is replace one to solve the rest. Is the P0193 code triggering the...
  9. 0

Can a dying battery be causing other issues??

For the last week or so I have been dealing with the dreaded Wrench, ABS and Traction light on and off intermittently. Sometime will come on as I'm driving and be brief and other times come on and stay on. I don't get the wheel lock up, like a bad ABS sensor. I checked my tone rings, thinking...
  10. 0

Warm-ish heat out vents

Good Morning everyone. Over the weekend I noticed that I wasn't getting good heat. I normally have it set to Auto for 72 degrees. It seemed like it wasn't kicking on like it should. If I selected another vent option, I can feel air coming out and it wasn't all that warm, unless I bumped the...
  11. 0

Overhead Rear HVAC illumination lights out

Hi everyone, The rear overhead HVAC control lights are out and no longer illuminate the knobs. How do I get access to them and what size bulb do I need. Prefer to buy them ahead of time. thanks
  12. 0

Thinking of making the jump to a 5th gen.

So I'm thinking of getting a 5th gen(2011/2012). Hit me with the pro's and con's. What should I look out for? Has the exhaust into the cabin been corrected? Thanks
  13. 0

Troubling pumping gas

Recently I been having a tough time filling my fuel tank. It keeps clicking the pump off with as alittle as 1 gallon gas put in. Ill start filling and after about $3 put in, it will click off. It will keep shutting off many times until I know I filled it. What is causing this?
  14. 0

Flushing a rear diff.

Hey fellas, My mom just picked up a 07 Mounty. It needs some work. Mainly both rear axle seals are leaking. The previous owner said he didnt have time to replace them and he just used whatever fluid he had to top it off. Hydraulic fluid or used oil just to keep it lubed was what he said...
  15. 0

Aftermarket running boards

Hi everyone, My passenger side running board brackets rusted out and crumbled, making it hang by the front one alone. Upon me sliding underneath to take it off, the pinchwelds that held the metal brackets are also crumbling to nothing. Making it impossible to replace it with factory...
  16. 0

MySync Aux compatibility

Question about MySync aux port that is located in the center console from a 2010. Are they compatible with a stock 06, 6 disk cd radio. Is the wiring from aux and 12 volt port in the console able to be plugged into the back of non MySync radio? I found one in a pic a part, radio missing, but...
  17. 0

CEL when fuel lvl gets low, Off when full.

Need some guidance, I have noticed that when my fuel lvl gets below 1/4 tank, the check engine light comes on. I have experienced a putting or stalling if I'm sitting at a long red light. Ill have to rev it to keep it from stalling. When I add fuel either by filling up or throwing $20 in...
  18. 0

Dreaded U0101 code

So the other morning I start the truck up and shift into reverse. Instant bucking bronco, I shift back into park, its fine. Try reverse again, same, into Neutral, fine, try Drive, bucking bronco again. Feels like the driveshaft is trying to kick the rear axle away from the truck. It settles...
  19. 0

Monty vs Explorer fog lights.

I have searched and searched. From what I have read is that the fogs lights in the 06+ Montys are bigger then the explorer ones.(plus 2-3 times the price.) Is this true? Has anyone tried fitting one into another. I need a passenger side fog light. My lense fell off and the bulb has burnt...
  20. 0

AC Compressor stud removal

I having a hard getting the studs themselves loose. I'm able to the front bottom one loose. But the top front and bottom back won't budge. Nuts loosen up no problem. Any suggestions? I even tried vise grips on stud to turn it, but was nervous on ruining threads. I thought about putting...
  21. 0

Adding Heated windshield.

While doing some research on my engine compartment fuse box. I saw that the 08 Mountaineers came with a heated windshield option. So my question is, is my 06 Mountaineer Premier wired for a heated windshield or how can I go about doing it. My 2 fuse slots are empty.
  22. 0

Fluid explosion in the rear

Since I have to change my hub bearing on the right rear. I was looking at all the nuts and bolts I would have to get to and, I noticed what I call a fluid explosion on the underside of the truck around the rear diff. Did the rear axle seal let go? It seems to be more on the right side of the...
  23. 0

AWD rear tire movement

I was replacing the brakes on the rears today and after I tighten the rear lugs. I grabbed the tire and shook it. Its has alot of movement top to bottom. I'm guessing the rear hub bearing is gone. Am I right or is it something else??
  24. 0

6r60 fluid change

Hey everyone, I recently had to take out the radiator of the truck since the tank cracked. I know I have to top off the tranny fluid once I put the new radiator back in. But I was thinking that since the truck has over 117K, its probably due for a tranny fluid change. How do I go about...
  25. 0

Squeaky Front End

I have been battling this squeak for a month now. I have been told to check the body mounts and spray them with Silicone spray. Suggested to check the front suspension parts and everything looks good. I was going to replace the sway bar bushings and end links. Yesterday when I jacked the...
Back