Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Highway shudder

Given it is a part spinning like no other on the car I figured I'd go with the Motorcraft version, and I didn't see any concerns on here (and other forums) about the OEM versions from Motorcraft. In fact, the OEM version of CV axles use better boots than the standard aftermarket version...
  2. B

My RockAuto Experience (spoiler: sucks)

I've used RA here and there for years when the price is the best and haven't ever had an issue. But a few weeks ago I had to replace the passenger front CV axle on the '13 Sport. I ordered the Motorcraft part and it arrived just fine. Sadly, I failed to inspect the axle before installing it. And...
  3. B

Highway shudder

2013 Sport as well with the exact same concern where it was shuddering when any gas was given (steady speed or accelerating). Found the Front Right CV axle leaking. Bought my Motorcraft replacement from Rock auto and installed it last weekend. Sadly, the new one apparently had a tear in the boot...
  4. B

Inflatable Seatbelt Receiver

I updated my vehicle data already. And I've edited my original post to be more clear.
  5. B

Ford offers free repairs to 1.4 Million Explorers - Exhaust

Yes. I even got out on the rural toll road by the house and let the Sport do everything it was capable of and can no longer smell anything inside the car. It used to be really terrible with even slight acceleration.
  6. B

Inflatable Seatbelt Receiver

All, Has anyone ever removed the receiver/latch from the middle row seats where you have the inflatable seat belts? I have bucket seats in the middle row. I know the latch is where the "cold gas" comes from during an accident, and given this, I'm curious if anyone knows what the procedure is...
  7. B

Ford offers free repairs to 1.4 Million Explorers - Exhaust

I took my 2103 Sport to the dealer on October 12th and they already had the details and were able to get the parts required to correct the issue (Reported "hair salon" smell during heavy acceleration). Service ticket identifies TSB 16-0166. Repair order identifies: 2 x Vent Air Outer 1 x...
  8. B

Powerfold third row seat question

not overly sure why my question was merged into a topic regarding someones inquire to the operation of the seats. But power seats is power seats I guess. First time here and so far it seems a CF. Thanks for the heads up on the fuses. I was wondering if they were individual.
  9. B

Powerfold third row seat question

Power Rear Seat Issues Just picked up a 2012 Explorer with power rear seats. The passenger side seat will not move. It is currently folded and I can not get it to go to the normal position at all. I attempted the "reset" as detailed in the manual but that didn't work. Tried it in the RH and...
Back