Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Disable Homelink when truck off

Does anyone know a way to make the homelink transmiter become disabled when you turn the truck off, so no one could break in and open my garage door?
  2. B

Average MPG for the '02 owners?

I've got a 02 4x4 with 65000 miles and I get 15mpg no matter what, AC / no AC, city or hwy. I just put on an K&N air intake and a gibson exhaust, so I am hopeing to get even 1 or 2 mpg more.
  3. B

Squeak in rear

I have a 2002 EB 4x4 with 65,000 miles and I have a noise that sounds similar to yours. My noise I believe is coming from my second row passenger seat. Every year I take the seats out and clean the carpets, for a couple weeks after I replace the seats there is no noise, but then it always...
  4. B

Parts CD Rom

Does nayone know if it is possible to buy a program with parts diagrams and part numbers. I had one for my BMW, but I am having a hard time figuring out if Ford has one also or not. Thanks
  5. B

number pad entry

If you have a 2002 new body style model then the unit is on the pasenger side of the truck in the rear B pilar where the back seat passengers sholder seat belt is located. There will be a little black box with a white sticker on it held in by two metal tabs. If you have an older than 2002...
  6. B

Is this normal milage?

I have a 2002 4x4 4.0 and I average in mixed hwy city driving about 15mpg, 16mpg.
  7. B

Key pad code

For the 2002 when you open the rear passenger door the little black box with the code on it is immediately on your left, where the second row seat belt is. You don't have to unscrew the seat belt bolt, but it is a heck of a lot easier if you do. Then just pull the plastic panel away from the...
  8. B

Front suspension creaking

I have a 2002 4x4 with 44,000 miles and I have the same noise, only when I go over large speed bumps though. Everything else is quiet and works fine.
  9. B

2003 Explorer Memory Seats Question

The only hting I can think of is that maybe you need to program them both at the same time, and then check to see if they work, also maybe you are disableing them if you keep trying to program them, over and over. Here is what the manual says that I used and my 2002 worked fine...
  10. B

' 02- What a Pile!!!

I have an '02 I bought at an auction. Other than some rust problems, since the previous owner was from Penn, I have had no problems and I have 45,000 miles on mine, I bought it with 34,000 miles on it. My mother in law has an '02 also and she has had no problems either, other than the rear AC...
  11. B

? about power window switch

I was going to pull the switch out this weekend and take a look. I was thinking about it the other day, I had a loner car from the dealership, a Taurus, and it looked like the same switch in my X, with the driver only auto down. The switch has that "extra" click to it so you can do...
  12. B

? about power window switch

On my 2002 the only window switch that has an auto down is for the driver's switch. Has anyone bought three other "auto down" switches and changed them out with the other 3 switches to have all 4 windows have auto down feature? I was thinking of trying it, so I thought I'd see if anyone...
  13. B

How to stop rust underneath the truck?

I bought my truck at an auction several months ago. I recently found out that the previous owner was in Pennsylvania. Needless to say the underneath of the truck has rust on different parts of the truck. Is there something I can spray on to stop the rust? Like rustoleium or something?
  14. B

auto climate control venting to windscreen only

Well, mine comes throught the defroster anywhere from 37c to about maybe 29c or 30c. When it is around 28c and lower it always comes out of the dash. I usually switch to manual and turn off the recycle feature, then it blows out the dash. Once I am cool enough I switch back to full auto and...
  15. B

auto climate control venting to windscreen only

I have a 2002 eddie bauer with Auto AC and mine does the same thing depending on how hot it is outside and how cold it is inside. Mine will start off blowing on the floor and the defroster and then as it cools down switches to the dash vents. Your's might be a totaly different system since...
  16. B

What is a good Leather conditioner/protector

Lexol is very good. I have a 1999 BMW that I have been using Lexol on since I bought it in 1998, and everyone tells me how the seats look brand new and the interior has a nice leather smell too.
  17. B

Gas Milage info

Remember that the chart is a "generic" chart and does not aply for all vehicles. I have a 1999 BMW 540i also, and when I go 75mph I actually get better gas milage than going 65mph. I did take a trip to South Florida for the first time and did notice that going around 85mph or 90mph I was...
  18. B

2002 Information display

I have a 2002 Explorer adn right now when I push the info button I can only look at trip, average mpg, and the range till empty. When you look in the manual I should be able to select other options when you push the other buttons, the different types I can't think of right now. But one of...
  19. B

number pad entry

I found it, it was right where satyr64 said it was, behind the plastic on the rear passenger side. Thanks a lot!;)
  20. B

Where to get code reader?

I want to buy one of those hand held things to change performance and shift points, instead of getting a chip. Is that what you are talking about?
  21. B

Where to get code reader?

I have a 2002, and I am wanting to get a code reader thing so that I can have it to check my truck. I noticed that someone said Advance Auto Parts sells them? Are they a good price, and would it work with my truck? Thanks
  22. B

number pad entry

Sorry I didn't mention I had a 2002 before. I haven't tried calling a dealer yet, I thought maybe someone on the message board might know off hand. If I can't find an answer here I'll try the dealer. I just don't like the dealers.
  23. B

2002 grease fittings?

I just recently bought a 2002 explorer from an auction. I changed the oil the other day and went to grease the front end fittings and couldn't find anything to pump grease into. Am I crazy or do the new ones not need grease? thanks
  24. B

number pad entry

Where is the computer that has the sticker with the factory number for the keyless number pad on the door? I know how to program it and everything, I just need to know where the computer box is with the sticker on it. Thanks in advance.
Back