Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Soft brake pedal - ABS bleed

Hey all. I have been battling what I consider inadequate brakes for years. I've replaced everything except the ABS. I came across this article today from a guy that had the same issue. How too bleed and ABS unit on a 1993 Explorer 4x4 HELP!! He says that a anti-lock break adapter...
  2. A

93 Explorer front brake upgrade - to do or not to do

I have done a lot of research on upgrading the front brakes of my 93 Explorer with those from a 95 Ranger. I really like the idea of the dual calipers and larger rotors. TedJ's write-up "1st Gen 4wd to 95-97 Ranger Brake Swap Info/Parts List" does a pretty thorough job. Thanks Ted...
  3. A

my on board air build

I've been wanting to do an OBA setup on my rig for awhile. I've had two SCBA bottles for about a year and finally decided it was time to start this progect. I've spent a lot of time researching systems and deciding what type of components I want. My goal is to do a York compressor but I...
  4. A

disc brake rear end for sale on Craigslist

A guy in Bailey Colorado has a disc brake rear end for sale on Craigslist. http://denver.craigslist.org/pts/5013586397.html
  5. A

2nd gen to 1st gen hood hinge swap

I've search the site and don't find any info. Has anyone swapped the 2nd gen hood hinge with the hydraulic lifts into a first gen? I really want to get rid of the dumb hood hold open rod. The hinges are pretty close to the same but the new ones have four bolts instead of the two. I would...
  6. A

both ac and belt drive air compressor

I've search the web (and here) but haven't found someone that's done this. Has anyone run both a/c and a belt drive air compressor (converted a/c) on the same engine (not necessarily at the same time)?
  7. A

Resurrected 93 XLT

My 93 Ex has been in the family since day one. My step father-in-law bought it new. He used it nearly every day to haul his pontoon boat to the res until '09. We bought it from him for my daughters first vehicle and it survived two years with her remarkably well. When she was ready for...
  8. A

Body roll problem solved

I have been dealing with some pretty gnarly body roll and it kinda gets a little scary. I have been trying to find good and inexpensive solutions with little luck. Paying 200 bucks for a thicker one just doesn't make sense. While browsing around looking at other folks ideas, I had my own...
  9. A

TTB / RC lift plate mod

TTB 4" lift kit plate mod I had the stupid lift plate from the Rough Country lift kit and was afraid it was going to smash open my housing (like it has done to so many others). So a few hours measuring and thinking, a few minutes on the plasma table, about a half hour on the welder and some...
  10. A

axle / brake / hubs / lift all in one shot

I just got a smokin' deal on a Ranger lift kit that I'm going to put into my '93 Explorer. I also want to do the '95 Ranger four corner disk brake swap and manual hubs swap. My thought is to get the parts from the '95 (or buy a whole Ranger to part out myself). I think I have all the info I...
Back