Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

1/4 Mile Run Times

I was toying with mine and it stalled up to about 2600 rpm and cut the power. Guess at that rpm the awd system sees too much tq. maybe? I launched mine in sand mode one time about 4k miles ago and it hit the 1-2 hard enough to kill the power so i never bothered with it again.
  2. T

1/4 Mile Run Times

Did you have allot of wheel spin? If not i wonder why the drop in 60ft. If that was still at a 1.8 like before you would be hitting closer to mid 13's. The first 60" is very important in the overall 1/4
  3. T

1/4 Mile Run Times

I hope so, 14.4 is just a touch better then stock.
  4. T

1/4 Mile Run Times

Was that stock or tuned?
  5. T

Livernois Motorsports and Engineering Announces New & Improved Custom Tuning

You guys would never survive on a GM board. Which is where i normally frequent. If something is amiss you bring it up in the forum so everyone can see issues resolved or brushed aside. It keeps vendors honest. Feedback GOOD AND BAD SHOULD BE SHARED. If the forum is only to praise and never...
  6. T

Guess that answers that then. I don't have the new tune so i can't be of any help on that i guess.
  7. T

Not sure if you ever bothered to log the stock tune? I have and it's a 8 psi boost that inches up to 10-11 at midrange rpm before tapering back to 8 psi for the shift with timing in the low to mid 20's. Just spit balling but maybe you loaded a stock or got a mislabled tune from them.
  8. T

I believe WOT for me was around 86% but with the CW tune i might hit that for half a second at the very top of the gear. It's around 45-65 for most of the rpm band now.
  9. T

Do you log absolute throttle position? I'm curious if they give you full throttle with the new tune vs the cold winter tune that is dialed back throughout most of the rpm band.
  10. T

Downpipes finally being done!

Man i can't wait for these!!! Plus new tune options, finally gonna get to play!
  11. T

Livernois Motorsports is proud to release our Xv1 tune for 2013+ Ford Explorer Sport

Sweet, that is what i'm waiting on as i already have my catback taken care of. That and meth with i guess xv1 meth tune? Is that ow it is going to work on the xv1?
  12. T

Livernois Motorsports is proud to release our Xv1 tune for 2013+ Ford Explorer Sport

Any idea on how much longer before the downpipes are ready?
  13. T

I need a 3 bar tune. Can't drive around yet but i can put it too use soon enough.
  14. T

I asked about the A/F before but it was never answered. As to how i am metering it, i have a wide band on the passenger side setup with a bung tapped. Maybe my wide band is faulty " you never know" or perhaps i have the bung too far forward or back in the stream. Do you have an ideal location i...
  15. T

Any chance of NOT running a 10.7/1 ratio on the air/fuel? Mine gets as rich as 10.2 at times and it's not optimal in any way. It's also not safe running that rich as often sited for a reason. Too much fuel causes issues as well. Also please explain how the 3 bar will be used on the current...
  16. T

HID Install +Pics - Step by Step

Yep, pretty much. Sometimes you get a Taiwan,lol.
  17. T

Yes i believe they are. I have personally never seen a kit fail from them. I'm sure it happens i've just never seen it. I do know that if it did happen they offer i believe a lifetime warranty.
  18. T

I have them on three vehicles now and i know ALLOT of people with GM's running them. It's the go to kit for most GM owners. I can count at least 5 people i personally know who has been running the DDM kits with no problems myself included. The longest i've had a kit so far is just over 2 years.
  19. T

No, you can run the 55w if you want them extremely bright but i went with the 35w. The 35w is already a good bit brighter so i didn't see the need. If you go 35w or 55w is up to you. All you need is the kit, no extras. You can mount them with simple 3m double sided tape so no need for the...
  20. T

Yes it was. Even the fogs are plug and play unlike the coolbulbs kit. Not sure why coolbulbs cheaped out on that considering the price and DDM Tuning is so much cheaper and it's just simple plug ins.
  21. T

Livernois tuner installed!

The new t-stat will enable your sport to run a little bit cooler. The cooler temp helps allow more timing and boost without potential knock issues.:thumbsup:
  22. T

Keeping everything factory looking is nice but if people want a small budget HID kit that works perfectly fine i recommend DDMTuning. I have them in my 14 sport and i have run them for about two years in other vehicles. I also know several people who run them as well with no problems. The kits...
  23. T

HID Install - Fogs +Pics

Good write up, i changed mine out with a DDMTuning kit. Been running their kits on my truck for over two years with zero problems. Just throwing it out for anyone who doesn't have the coin for an coolbulbs kit. Also i'm kinda disappointed the coolbulbs doesn't have a quick connect for the fog...
  24. T

Livernois Motorsports 2013 Explorer Sport

You may end up waiting til the 2nd as i have heard the tuners and such are off for a couple days. But maybe Anthony or someone can send the file, best of luck.:thumbsup:
  25. T

Livernois Motorsports 2013 Explorer Sport

The boost drops off as you near the shift point. So you start to drop in power as the boost bleeds off. Eventually the xv1 tune will be released and it keeps boost numbers up all the way to the shift point.
Back