Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

weird light issue after installing new headlights?

Ok, all fuses are 'good'. Sprayed some WD-40, interior lights come on 'sometimes' while opening the door, lifted door handle a few times. Edit: Interior lights working better now, thanks! Around the passenher headlight, there is a bundle of wires ill have to upload a picture tomorrow, there...
  2. S

Okay, great! The bulbs aren't blown because they work when the signal is on. Maybe I blew a fuse because I turned the lights on when the driver side was done so I could see the difference compared to the old lights.. I just had to put the new bulb in the passenger side & forgot I left the...
  3. S

Cost of 5.0 swap ?

Okay, thanks for such quick replies... I need it throughout the winter, so I won't be thinking about it until Spring/summer. I like modding my vehicles with after market parts etc. But I would only be capable to tackle so much on this project more than likely... I couldn't find a 5.0 for sale...
  4. S

Cost of 5.0 swap ?

I have been reading quite a bit on 5.0L's being swapped over into 4.0 Explorer's. So I have never done an engine swap but would consider pulling the 5.0L if its still in the donor, and such and maybe leave the wiring to a mechanic.... So what I'm wondering is how much does it cost for: - A...
  5. S

I picked up some new headlight housing for my low/hi beams... All my lights worked prior to this, and now three bulbs aren't working on the passenger side when the lights are on. BUT they work with signal/hazards ?! My interior lights come on with my driver door, rear hatch, but not the...
  6. S

For Sale 1st Gen Part Out. Some performance, some aftermarket.

Can you do $40 shipped for the shackles ? Ontario, Canada.
  7. S

99 Sport

Just liked his page!
  8. S

Hello all

New headlights in with smoked signals/sidemarkers and added a Stainless Mesh Grill :)
  9. S

Left turn signal in hyper-drive

You have the original bulb type in there, not an LED ? Sometime`s they are fussy, LED for example will also set that hyper-blink off such like a bulb-out would..
  10. S

Hello all

thanks for all the warm welcomes :)
  11. S

Pic's of your ride

That`s one hot truck you got there, I am loving the paint job!! One day i`de like to swap over a 5.0 into mine, or maybe S/C my 4.0 :D
  12. S

3.7 mustang engine in explorer/ranger

With all the new technology, you would have to swap over the entire computer as well, and I have no idea how New Technology would like to Team-up with Old-Technology....
  13. S

1998 XLT with 248000 miles, out of control acceleration

I just recently purchased my Explorer and it had this same Issue but all the time, it would accelerate crazy on its own at Idle, higher RPM`s than normal. Cruising at 80km/hr let off the throttle and you would basically maintain the same speed and not slow down. Made the brakes work for sure...
  14. S

3.7 mustang engine in explorer/ranger

sounds reeeeally expensive. but you would make 100hp more than the 5.0L the explorers came with, with 30mpg lol
  15. S

For Sale 1st Gen Part Out. Some performance, some aftermarket.

Are those the Warrior Shackles for a 2" lift ? If so, they would work on my 1996 SPORT correct ? I can offer $40 shipped; postal code; K0K1M0
  16. S

Pic's of your ride

today`s pics; Smoked headlights, would like to get the Torsion Bar/Warrior Shackle lift, + 3" Body-lift, and some 32`s. Don`t like waiting LOL
  17. S

Hello all

BUMP with today`s pics; Smoked headlights, would like to get the Torsion Bar/Warrior Shackle lift, + 3" Body-lift, and some 32`s. Don`t like waiting LOL And my other toy`s
  18. S

Pic's of your ride

My 1996 4.0 Sport; recently purchased, done a few things and have a lot more I would like to do!!! Lift, tires, shocks, brush guard, smoked halo ring headlights, intake & exhaust.
  19. S

Pic's of your ride

My 1996 4.0 Sport; recently purchased, done a few things and have a lot more I would like to do!!! Lift, tires, shocks, brush guard, smoked halo ring headlights, intake & exhaust.
  20. S

Eastern Ontario Explorers

Cobourg; City East of Toronto here!!
  21. S

Hello all

New here, but not to the forums!! I recently purchased a 1996 Ford Explorer Sport, who knows how many kilometer`s on the truck it has a new cluster in it with 271K on it. Last Odometer reading registered at the MTO was 300,000kms lol :eek: Now has a new top-end, new brakes, new rad, new...
Back