Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

WTB Topper for my ‘07

I’m looking for a topper for my ‘07, I’m located in Eastern Iowa
  2. M

Winter tire recommendation please

My daughter has an '07 2WD, it's terrible in snow. I've added 250 lbs of salt in the back end and that helped a little, but she really needs better tires. Looking for all season, good in snow, what do you recommend? Thanks! Matt
  3. M

WTB: Topper for a Sport Trac

I'm looking for a good used topper for my '07 Explorer Trac. I'm in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Thanks, Matt
  4. M

Stuck in park

We have a 2007 Eddie Bauer 4.0. It's stuck in park, the brake lights work and I changed the shift interlock module with no luck. When I try to shift out of park it feels like the old stick shift cars when the rods were out of adjustment and binding. Any thoughts? I thought it might be the...
  5. M

#8 coil pack boot full of water

I have a 2007 Explorer that developed a misfire on cylinder #8. I culled out the coilpack and found water around the boot (not antifreeze or oil, just water). I rained hard the other night, but my hood to cowl seal looks OK, anyone else have similar issues? Thanks, Matt
  6. M

Plugs for rocker panel access holes?

Well, I found my own answer and thought I would pass it along. 97-03 F150 extend cabs and crew cabs have oval shaped rubber plugs in the rockers that fit the holes in my 07 sport track. I like this option better than the thick tape ford put over the holes. Ford wants $26 each for the plugs, I...
  7. M

Heated issues

I just bought an 07 and the driver's side heated seat doesn't work. The lights come on for both seats and stay lit, but no heat from the driver's side. I checked thr fuse, it's good. I read on here about bad control modules, I pulled the driver's side seat and don't see anything that looks like...
  8. M

Plugs for rocker panel access holes?

I noticed large oval holes in my rocker panels just under where the front door meets the back door, approximately 4" long and oval shaped. The driver's side has thick tape over it, the passenger side doesn't. I'm afraid salt, dirt, etc. will get into these holes and rust out the rockers. I would...
  9. M

Check Headlight Lamp Error ???

Did you ever get this figured out? I'm having the same issue. Thanks, Matt
  10. M

2010 Explorer-Check r side hi beam indicator

I'm having the same issue on my '07, no aftermarket equipment installed. Did you ever get this solved? Thanks, Matt
  11. M

Sport Trac floor mat question

The shelf liner is a great idea. Thank you! Matt
  12. M

Sport Trac floor mat question

I recently purchased a 2007 Sport Trac, it came without floor mats. I bought a set of thick rubber ones and they slide all over the vinyl floor. I was looking at Husky Liner type ones, but many say something to the effect of "Not for vinyl floors" probably because of the sliding issue. What are...
  13. M

Heated seat issue

Yes. I'm thinking it's the elements, at least on the passenger side. On the passenger side the upper gets lukewarm, nothing on the bottom or the driver's seat. I've read these elements are kind of fragile and don't last long, has anyone modofied an aftermarket element to work with the ford...
  14. M

Heated seat issue

Hello, I just purchased a 2007 Limited, both heated seats don't work. I checked the fuse under the hood, it's good. Both switches on the dash light up when pressed, no heat to any of the elements. Is there a common part after the switches that goes to both seats? I'm thinking it would be...
  15. M

Electrical Gremlin! GEM?

Awesome! I found a black wire broken in the boot, repaired and back in business! Thanks, Matt
  16. M

Electrical Gremlin! GEM?

I have an '02 XLT. Last week it started experiencing strange issues; the power lock switch on the driver's side door panel only works when the key is on, the buzzer that dings when the key is in the ignition keeps dinging even when door is closed; and it switched itself into 4wd when driving in...
  17. M

Hello from Iowa!

My wife and I have an '02 XLT with 155k, love it, but starting to have issues. Matt
Back