Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

1992 Explorer 5.0 swap thread

This is awesome, it's inspiring me to do it to mine. I wish I knew more about swaps though, the most I've done really is just pull the motor out and down to the shortblock. I don't have friends that can cut up oil pans and weld specific things like that :( Would this be more of a bolt in...
  2. G

Grinding while braking

I'd look at your rotors and pads, they sound like you've worn them out on the right side, so only the left side is braking.
  3. G

sound deadening material???

There is also this http://www.lizardskin.com/sound-control-insulation.html I've heard great things about it, and you don't get all the extra weight of dynamat or whatever else you choose to use.
  4. G

How to: Steering mod: Rag Joint to U-joint ZJ Shaft

Well I also have pretty sloppy steering :( My X is a work in progress, slowly being restored haha.
  5. G

Shocks

Since they're just leaf springs, can't you add a leaf to get a "heavier duty" spring?
  6. G

Exhaust manifold bolts

The 4.6L engines use the same thread, I just ordered some for them and used what I needed from Summit.
  7. G

How to: Steering mod: Rag Joint to U-joint ZJ Shaft

Hmm.. I think I need this. My steering has a clunk sound when I hit some bumps, but I thought it was my worn out shocks (replacing those this weekend).
  8. G

Resurrected 93 XLT

Cool build, I love stuff like this.. Makes me want to go wrench on mine haha. I started with one that needed new heads though :)
  9. G

Solved Vacuum line solution!

Yeah, I think nylon would be too hard to use.. It's not the most flexible stuff, but it's supposed to be very resistant to oil and such.
  10. G

Motor Swap Question

My bad, you're right, I didn't know there was a 400 Cleveland, but here's a list of what bell housings are the same :salute: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ford_bellhousing_patterns
  11. G

LED Fitment?

or you can go to www.superbrightleds.com and they have SMD 3157's etc already and easy to find, with different color options and lumens etc..
  12. G

Motor Swap Question

An M5OD-R2 will work, is yours an R1 or R2? All of the Ford small blocks have the same bolt pattern for the bell housing so the 289, 302, 351W, 351M and 400 should all be the same as far as bellhousing bolt patterns and transmissions should be compatible with all of them.
  13. G

So my guns use Polyethylene tubing, I wonder how the different materials would hold up. Doing a little research it looks like Nylon tubing would also be a good option.
  14. G

I wonder if the stuff I use for my paintball gun would work...
  15. G

Shocks

I just ordered shocks yesterday, and after some research I believe the general consensus is that the Gabriel Shocks aren't very good. Go with some Bilstien's, or Monroe. Also Rock Auto has good prices if you choose to go with Monroe.
  16. G

Hmm... Good idea! I need to replace the one on my FPR, it keeps coming off, the rubber boot part just doesn't really hold itself on very well anymore.
  17. G

axle shaft in open carrier?

There is chance they make it without c clips. C clips are one of the main things drag racers eliminate in high powered cars because the axle can come all the way out if it snaps, where a car with c clip eliminators won't.
  18. G

Carbon cleaning

I'm about to replace the heads on mine, is there an easy way to clean the intake while it's off?
  19. G

What else do you drive besides a 1st Gen?

I've got: 1993 Explorer Limited: Daily 2006 Mustang Saleen S281 S/C: Fun car 2008 Nissan Rogue: Wife's car I would love to get rid of her Rogue for another Ford :) I have done quite a bit to my ex in the short time I've owned it (can be seen in my other thread) and I like working on it.. but...
  20. G

New To Me 93 Explorer fixer upper thread. (Lots of Pics)

That seems harder, I was able to clean mine off and clean out everything under there. It really isn't that difficult to drop a tank IMO.
  21. G

:thumbsup: I'm really liking mine, I just ordered the new heads for it.. Soon I won't burn anymore coolant :D The fuel sending unit was a pain, I had to use a hammer to unscrew the old unit. I think if I did it again I would buy the assembly with the pump in it as getting the pump out of the...
  22. G

Sorry I didn't notice this! :( The door striker is regular threading, it's a 50 Torx bit. If you get a whole new striker ($6) they come with everything, the plastic, the bolt and the piece around it.
  23. G

Contemplating Upgrades

I believe the 2nd gen rear end is pretty much a bolt on, you'll probably need a different cable for the E-Brake.
  24. G

Contemplating Upgrades

There's probably 5 yards withing 50 miles of where I live. Just an example of what's available at one:http://www.picknpull.com/check_inventory.aspx?Address=84404&Lat=41.264916&Lng=-112.214557&Make=Ford&Model=Explorer&Distance=50
  25. G

New 1993 Explorer

Coming from a Mustang world I would suggest either Ford Racing gears or Richmond gears.
Back