Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 9

Building your own roof rack.

Alright thanks
  2. 9

Thanks for all of the info! It will help me a lot when I decide to make a new one and also anyone else that is looking to make one. One thing I would definitely do is make the sides a little taller I believe mine where 4 inches high but I think I would do like 6 inches or something that way...
  3. 9

Oh that sounds like it was a very well built rack! I think if I make a new rack ill have to steal some of the things you did if you don't mind.
  4. 9

Thanks a lot! I just recently removed the lights and roof rack looking to maybe put a light bar up there instead. Do you have any pictures of your ex to post?
  5. 9

I have the factory roof rack on the strapped the rack I built on that using steel straps and the little rectangle things I think that's what you're asking about are just square steel tubing. I just put them there to maybe help with the weight of there was a lot in the rack
  6. 9

I haven't had a problem with mine rattling at all
  7. 9

Air Intake help

For some reason the one I bought I can't find on ebay anymore but here is one by a different seller and its the exact one I have...
  8. 9

Rigid Conduit for bumper??

The black pipe...is that the black iron pipe that can be bought at lowes?
  9. 9

Okay cool thank you! I'll check out the black pipe
  10. 9

Even if I used 1.5" or 1.75" rigid conduit it wouldn't be sturdy?
  11. 9

Hey everyone, I was wondering if you could use emt conduit or rigid conduit to make kind of like a prerunner bumper or tube bumper with a stinger on it. Thanks
  12. 9

Getting ready to build a front bumper

Did you ever end up making it?? I'd like to see it if you did and did you use the rigid conduit?
  13. 9

Photos Lets see those 2nd Gen EX/Mounty

Your Ex looks sweeet!!
  14. 9

2nd gen Front bumper build

Cool thanks for the pictures. I'll definitely keep an eye on your build I wanna see it completed to see how it turns out!
  15. 9

Yeah I would definitely build one but I don't really have access to a welder so if I can get one I'll probably start one. Could you post pictures of the mounts?
  16. 9

Photos Lets see those 2nd Gen EX/Mounty

Here's mine the grey along the sides are sprayed in bondo under coating now so they are flat black but these pictures are before I did that.
  17. 9

Thats looking good! I like it, I wish I could get one or build one for my mountaineer
  18. 9

Plasti Dipped my rims

Yeah since I've dipped mine people have been looking a lot more and asking about them and most are shocked that it's plasti dip haha
  19. 9

Air Intake help

It doesnt look to bad. But I'm going to get the ebay cai just because its only $34 and its red so it will jazz it up a little and match the rest of my mountaineer because I'm going all black with red accessories on it. Also if anything ever happens with the ebay one I'll have to stock one to put...
  20. 9

Air Intake help

Awesome thank you! I appreciate it
  21. 9

Air Intake help

Do you have a picture of it?
  22. 9

Air Intake help

Okay, I'll have to take a look at it tomorrow and see how it all comes apart but mine just seemed way different than what I have been seeing so I thought I would ask. Thanks
  23. 9

Air Intake help

Okay so I was going to buy one of the ebay cold air intakes for my 97 mountaineer and I was looking at some pictures and everyone has a different looking air intake than mine... Here are some pictures of my stock one and can anyone tell me how I would go about putting on one of the ebay CAI? If...
Back