Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

How many 2016 Sports run the Livernois Tuner?

I just traded in my 2014 EX Sport for the 2016 EX Sport. Took delivery 10 days ago. I ran the LMS 93 Performance tune in my 2014 for nearly 2 years / 36,000 km without any issues what-so-ever. Stock plugs and no MAF sensor upgrade - just Chevron (Canada) 94 octane fuel. While travelling in...
  2. M

Aftermarket Crossbars / Roof Racks

Whew! Looks like I figured this out before someone burned me on it! I just discovered today that the glass sunroof opens up UNDERNEATH the rear glass panel, not over top. Not sure what I was thinking... Anyway, low mounting cross-bars (like factory or Whispbar) have low clearance to the roof...
  3. M

Aftermarket Crossbars / Roof Racks

As posted previously, I am using Whispbar (Yakima) cross bars on my '14 EX Sport. They are stupid expensive but IME I have found them to be much quieter than stock aero-type, Thule, Yakima (both round and square bar types) on various previous vehicles. Whispbars are a wide aero-type bar and...
  4. M

HID Install +Pics - Step by Step

No. The projectors can only be removed from the front of the assembly by separating the clear front cover from the backing. Check You Tube for video on how to...
  5. M

Did NOT get Factory Tow Package, Now What?

Ford Part # BB5Z*19D520*AA KIT - TRAILER HITCH CDN$362.86
  6. M

I did same as you - ordered '14 Sport without tow package. I then ordered the Ford parts hitch. I think approx CDN$360 Hitch kit comes with heavier gauge, box section steel replacement crash bumper (with 2" receiver box section, plug & chain up mounts, muffler hangers - all welded) to replace...
  7. M

Snow Driving

PNW - snow? I'm guessing but you are in Oregon? I saw the news - try to stay shiny side up... And you're correct. We have no real roads in Canada what-so-ever to get from igloo to igloo. Our Ford Canada nav systems work great, tho, on cow and polar bear trails plus on those leftover wagon...
  8. M

Explorer Down Pipes and Corsa Exhaust Exclusively from Livernois Motorsports

Its kinda like fishing, right? Just throw out some pix's of shiny bits and watch 'em line up with their credit cards! Or maybe "... fish in a barrel!" New exhaust looks good, tho!!!
  9. M

HID Conversion Problems-2014 Sport

Two words: CAN BUS Use a kit with these. Mine has been solid - no issues.
  10. M

2014 New Owners - Check Your Wheels when you pick up your new ride..

Good news! And they handled that quickly for you, too! Did you have to pressure your dealer or did they step up? As mine was built 2 days before yours, I'm a little concerned but I haven't got around to pulling them out of storage to have a look yet...
  11. M

No more heat than any other turbo car I have owned (STi's / Volvo's). On the EX Sport one side exhaust manifold / turbo's is front and center below your arms when you lift the hood. Look straight down. You can feel the heat on arms and face when you lift the hood. On my most recent STi you...
  12. M

2014 New Owners - Check Your Wheels when you pick up your new ride..

Which one is lighter, tho??? Unsprung weight and all...:)
  13. M

No problems what so ever with mine to date. Its only been a month, tho, but I went thru a local business - This Canbus kit installed and warranty'ed for 1 year: http://nmotionauto.com/product/hid-9005-canbus-kit/ 35 Watt 6000K bulbs 2 digital CAN Bus ballasts Solid so far!
  14. M

I agree. I think it is some sort of temporary tie down hook. When I installed the Ford tow hitch on my '14 Sport, this hook is deleted and the new trailer hitch/crash bumper/muffler hanger assembly does not have any similar hook in same place.
  15. M

A couple of questions..

Exactly! I looked at several aftermarket hitches and did not like the way the 2" receiver hung down below the rear bumper cover and lower than the tail pipes. This would compromise some trailhead / road access as a bike rack added to this would definitely drag on waterbars etc. Plus if you...
  16. M

A couple of questions..

I ordered my '14 Sport w/o the hitch. I know, brain fArt... Anyway, I bought the Ford 2" hitch to install myself primarily for hitch bike rack. Comes with hitch (large steel rear cross-member / muffler hanger type piece that bolts in with 10 large bolts) and two plastic rear bumper cover...
  17. M

DRL (Daytime Running Lights)

I am out in BC so not much help for location, but I just rolled into my Ford dealer in Surrey, BC and asked if they would change the DRL's to the amber marker lights. Service Rep said sure and asked if I wanted to wait for it! I was out in less than 25 minutes and $62.04. I had super low...
  18. M

Explorer Sport Oil Separator

This is a popular air/oil separator for the turbo Subaru crowd. I would think that it could be adapted to work on Ecoboost. http://www.grimmspeed.com/air-oil-separator-turbo-subaru/
  19. M

Canbus or regular harness for HID?

I had Nmotion in Burnaby, BC install their name brand HID Canbus Digital Kit last week. Definitely need the canbus. 35W; 6000K Bulbs; 2x Digital CAN bus ballasts; connectors; installed (looked neat and tidy) with 1 yr parts and labour warranty for CDN$240.00...
  20. M

My 2014 Sport

Did you fabricate your own complete cat-back system or use the stock pipes and update the rear muffler boxes and delete the resonator? Post some pix's, please!
  21. M

Mud Flaps / Splash Guards / DIY Pics

I installed my mud guards two weeks ago. That hex head is 5.5mm and the machine screws work like a charm if you have the right size socket. That size might be a Canadian thing... I think all of the Ford accessories i have purchased to date come with very clear instructions. I took a looks...
  22. M

It's Here and it's Early!

Great news! A long 3 (EXTRA) weeks, huh?
  23. M

Special order not happy wheels scratched

That sucks! I had the same thing on a Volvo V70R a few years ago. On 1st service some chimp used an impact socket and marred all 20 lug recess's. I *****ed at dealer and they ordered a complete set of 4 new wheels and then sold me the 4 marked up wheels at dealer cost for snowies. I also...
  24. M

HID Install +Pics - Step by Step

Great write up w/ how-to pix's, Motarzan. I just got my '14 EX Sport two weeks ago and, agreed, the headlights are not very good. This is my questions: Does the upgrade to HID bulbs within the '14 EX Sport stock headlight assembly actually provide a significant increase in head light...
  25. M

Explorer VS german cars

A pinto is a horse where you're from, right?:D
Back