Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

1994 Ford Explorer XLT with an automatic transmission problem.

I have the same issue with mine, don't really want to swap the trans again unless I have too. I also have no od, can't even put it into od because it won't move almost acts like it halfway into gear
  2. B

I have a problem after replacing my fuel pressure regulator.

Mine has an intermintant leak.. Wondering what I need to change and how hard is it.
  3. B

Coolant leaking near oli filter

Just had a similar issue with my 91 was driving down to the gas station and I started smelling coolant, when I got to the store seen some dripping down, got home filled it all back up and ran my truck for a good 20 mins and nothing, in nc and been in the mid 90s ... Also truck hasn't been driven...
  4. B

1994 explorer XLT. Possible torque converter issue. Need help.

Have a similar issue.... When I put it in OD it won't move, act like neutral ... When in just D it acts fine but won't shift to OD... Not sure if it's the trans again or the TC... Any opinions
  5. B

93 XLT 4x4 Won't downshift to 4th gear

I hit a bump at about 20mph and my truck acted like it kicked into neutral and now won't shift into OD and acts like its between gears when shifted into OD but drives through first to third with no problem
  6. B

non-working gas and temperature gauges

Any luck on your problem? I've got the same issue plus my oil gauge is possessed lol, been driving it for two years like this so I know its nothing but electrical
  7. B

Old faithful left me stranded for the first time.

Mines a beast lol.. Paid $800 for her and if it wasn't for me being hard on her she would look better.. I must say the motor hasn't ever failed me, I'm about to throw my second junk yard tranny in her though
  8. B

No overdrive

Hit a bump at about 20 or so and it acted like it kicked into neutral... Truck still drives fine now as long is it is in normal drive. I'm hoping possibly it maybe something simple.... History lol I've changed the transmission before from a junk yard but I did put a new torque converter in also...
  9. B

Tag light are you kidding me

They are all of a sudden working lol... Going to have to check the wires
  10. B

How would I explain the holes in my bumper for them lol
  11. B

No lic and bad tag lol... Usually covered in mud and dont need anymore attention.... Its already loud enough, no converter and about 18" of pipe and a flowmaster 40 series and dumps right at rear pass door
  12. B

Its not the fuse so I guess I'm going to need to run all the wires down and see if their is an issue...
  13. B

Charging issues...

Yes they are all working just not the tag lights, guess I need to chase all the wires down
  14. B

Charging issues...

Ended up being the battery, thanks guys... Now the stupid tag lights won't work, tried new lights but nothing.. Anyone know what the fuse is on that before I just replace the wire lol
  15. B

Anyone have a clue what fuse it is for the tag lights? I bought new ones and still now working and dont have the manual to see if its just the fuse... Cops are bad here and need this fixed if its just a fuse or I need to run new wire
  16. B

Charging issues...

Could where the ground is mounted on the frame or motor make it so it wouldn't charge? If so what else could I ground the motor
  17. B

Charging issues...

I've replaced both cables, not just the ends. I've had the alt tested and they said its good, 14-14.2 ... Its driving me crazy because once its jumped off its fine
  18. B

Charging issues...

Just went ahead and replaced the positive cable also now, truck jumped off a lot easier but still not wanting to start back up when shut off... On my third battery but they were all junk yard battery's and the truck has sat for a few weeks without running... Hoping that maybe a brand new battery...
  19. B

Charging issues...

I have a 91 xl 4.0 that won't start but once jumped runs perfectly fine... I've changed the ground and the terminals with brass ones, I've had the alt tested and it hovers betweens 14 -14.2 , I've also changed the starter and the relay, I've also changed the battery three times from the junkyard...
  20. B

oil pressure problem, pissing me off

thanks...fingers crossed lol
  21. B

that's the exact one I was looking at...you know the size fitting I would need or what else to ask for when I pick it up? going to try and do this tomorrow if I have time when I get out of work
  22. B

so to either mech gauge deal all I have to do is unscrew what's there now and replace with what comes with the mech gauge and hook up a hose?
  23. B

I got it from a bunch of old folks that never drove it and bought it new...other then the clear coat is gone it was perfect when I got it, now ive put a few dents in it here and there from wheeling myself but was fine when I got it. no rust or anything
  24. B

with it being as old as it is should I still use the stand oil?
  25. B

they put some filter on made by prime, ive never heard of them. I guess the first thing im going to try is a new filter and hope that solves the problem, probably a wix 51515 or a fram hm8a and probably some new oil.
Back