Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Where is the timing chain

I replaced the transmission in FEbruary of 2012. It had roughly 178K on it, only 30k on it now.....the motor I replaced in august had 58k on it. The original was the mid 180's. I have owned the vehicle since 2006. A compression test is being done today. Will post when i figure it out. Fun...
  2. C

not sure if that is the issue, but am guessing. I took it to the shop and they said internal motor issues and would not know for sure without pulling the motor apart.
  3. C

That is what I was afraid of. This is a used engine in it. I purchased it with 58K miles on it in August of 2012. It now has 80k on it. It also has a new transmission in it.
  4. C

Where is the timing chain located that runs the passenger side of the motor...I have an internal motor issue and it is misfiring on cylinders 1-3. It is a 2004 Ford Explorer 4.0 L V6
  5. C

Rough IDLE P0172 and P0174 Codes

Well, I took it to a more upscale mechanic to have it "properly" diagnosed. Basically they have said that it is something internal on the passenger side of the motor. No leaks, no converter issues.....It is disappointing since this motor only has 80k miles on it.
  6. C

Is it harmful to drive it like this? Will it harm the vehicle?
  7. C

Last week my Explorer began running rough. I had multiple misfire codes (300, 301, 302, 303, 316, etc.) I replaced all my wires, plugs, MAF, and crank shaft sensor. It still idles rough, more so after the engine gets warmed up. A little history about this vehicle....I put a new transmission in...
  8. C

Last week my Explorer began running rough. I had multiple misfire codes (300, 301, 302, 303, 316, etc.) I replaced all my wires, plugs, MAF, and crank shaft sensor. It still idles rough, more so after the engine gets warmed up. A little history about this vehicle....I put a new transmission...
Back