Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

Torque spec for manifold line to the compressor

Thank you, should the manifold/block be flush against the back of the compressor when torqued to 12.5 - 17 ft lbs
  2. G

Torque spec for manifold line to the compressor

Could someone tell me what I should torque the one bolt that holds the manifold/block to the back of the compressor Thanks
  3. G

best way to change the downstream O2 sensors on a 97 sport

He did not say exactly, but he said a/f ratio looked good. Dam 02 sensors won't come out, soaked them in pb blaster last night and another hour today. Breaker bar won't even get them loose
  4. G

yup, he checked the fuel pressure, and actually did the smoke test on cold start, well after he pulled it into the stall. He made sure I dropped it off overnight so he could check that specifically first thing in the morning, he was a ford tech for many years prior to going on his own
  5. G

107,000 miles, I my original codes from autozone were banks 1 and 2 are lean. Took it in to a service garage with a diagnostic machine. After checking for vacuum leaks with using the smoke method and everything checked out. He then went through the emissions equipment and said everything was ok...
  6. G

Took my sport in to have the check engine light. They ran a full diagnostic test, used the smoke test to check for vacuum leaks, and everything was good there. He checked the voltage on all the O2 sensors, and the downstream O2s were very low. So I am looking under my sport and trying to figure...
  7. G

how many rpms at a stop light

How many rpms should a 97 4.0 sohc have when in drive with the brakes on, at a stop light. I am seeing 500, seems low, especially with accessories on. Thanks
  8. G

Lowering question for guys with mono leaf setups - Sport Model

I have the monoleaf setup on my 97 sport, and when I lowered it, I used a 2" block. Recently, I was on EE website, and noticed they recommend taking the stack, not sure of the actual word for it, from underneath, and put it in place where I have my aluminum blocks. My question is, if I leave my...
  9. G

Clunking noise when going into D or R

I had my u-joints replaced, but there is a clunking noise when going into drive or reverse. Since I know its not the U-joints, what could it be, tranny
  10. G

Engine light just came on

vacuum leak by the throttle body, sprayed carb cleaner around on a cold engine to find it, all is well now. Thanks
  11. G

is it the upper to lower gasket, or the lower to the cylinder heads
  12. G

I have a 70mm throttle body, stock mass air meter, and a cai. I took it to autozone, and they came up with both banks are running lean PO171 and PO174 They said if both come up, its either a fuel pressure condition or a MAF fault. Does anyone have any advice? Thanks
  13. G

Power but no sound?

There are 2 fuses, I only checked one because I didn't know there was a second until I checked the owners manual. Everything is good now, thanks for your help
  14. G

Power but no sound?

Hey DJ, still no dice. Let me ask you this, the yellow from the unit to the yellow on the wiring harness should be connected for the memory 12V constant right, and the reds are for the ignition correct? The only way I can get the unit to power up is if I wire my yellow from the unit to the two...
  15. G

Power but no sound?

One more question DJ, the unit won't retain memory, not sure which wire I didn't connect, any idea
  16. G

Power but no sound?

Thanks that was it. The wire was labeled remote, so I thought it was for the remote that came with the system:exporange:eek: Thanks again, I appreciate the help
  17. G

Power but no sound?

Hey guys, I bought a pioneer avh-x1600dvd head unit, I have power but now sound. I bought a wiring harness, matched up all the colors, no stripe with no stripe, striped with striped etc.... No sound though, I have 2 wires from that I do not have connected to anything, solid blue, blue with a...
  18. G

explorer sport pics

Thanks, the decal is actually a little darker in person. Pics were taken from my phone
  19. G

explorer sport pics

Well, just got done painting my 97 sport, went to 17x9 cobra r rims, 275/60/17 UH Grabber HTS tires, lowered it two inches, added 1.5" spacers to the rear, added kyb shocks, ee front and rear sway bars, 70mm throttle body, added a cone filter to replace the stock air box, had some custom Xplorer...
  20. G

Need a quick answer for explorer express front bushings

What front bushings can I use for the front explorer express swaybar on my 97 sport. Can I use bushings from a different make of vehicle that will fit so I don't have to pay out of my but for their shipping. I did not receive bushings when I received my front and rear sway bars from them. I hope...
  21. G

EE sway bar install question

Hey guys, getting ready for my Explorer Express swaybar install, front and rear, on my 97 sport. I have the end links, swaybars of course, split collets, is there anything else I will need to change to ensure everything bolts up correctly? Thanks
  22. G

KYB Gas Ajust installed

Well, got my front and rear shocks done today along with replacing the ujoints. The car definitely rides stiffer, but feels more planted, especially with all these dam pot holes around here. I ordered the Explorer Express sway bars front and rear, hopefully they will be here early next week...
  23. G

Can you identify this part for me

Thanks again guys. Would the sensor not being connected cause a check engine light
  24. G

I did have the system checked 2 years ago to check for a leak, and last year I replaced the dryer unit. Even though the system was empty of freon prior to me changing the dryer, would the dye still be in the system Bill? I would feel better if it were the dye rather then the anti freeze
  25. G

The funny thing is, I ordered new kyb gas adjust shocks from rock auto, and were suppose to come today. So last night I put the truck up on jack stands, pulled the front wheels off, and figured, what a perfect time to change my plugs, wheels are off, pulled the wheel well covers off, should be a...
Back