Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

dtl 2k2 sport is back

Hello everyone, It's been several years sense I've been on this site. I used to have my mint explorer 2002 sport. But i sold it in 07 kicked myself ever sense, body a few other explorers but never felt right. Life has changed and now older, married. I have a new suv, it's a pathfinder...
  2. D

32s with rims no lift??

I saw, just hoping someone could of tried it. Non the less.
  3. D

shaking feeling , od light on..

Ok od light is flashing on my 98 sport. Automatically I'm thinking the stupid transmision is falling out. But drive it around and the light will go off and shift fairly smooth. But highway speeds the Rpms are at 3k near 70 mph. Im pretty sure I'm destroying what's left of this transmission. But...
  4. D

32s with rims no lift??

But mine is a sport. If I remember correctly I have a larger wheel well area. Maybe its not that much of a difference huh. ?
  5. D

32s with rims no lift??

I have a 98 sport 4x4. I'm wanting to do Dakota m/t 32 inch tires. But I don't have time to do lift. Could I do a 15x10 inch RIMS? Or with just tires only fit a 15x8 inch rim with out rubbing? Thanks all. Dave
  6. D

guess whos back,,,

Yes I'm back. But not as 2k2 sport, I now have a 98 explorer sport. I sold the 2k2 sport few years ago for a 08 silverado. Well now I have my play toy to mess with. But does have its quirks for a truck with the age on it. I peek on here once in a while but haven't jumped in on any threads in a...
  7. D

So how many miles do you have on the beast now! ?? Do you still use it as a daily driver or just...

So how many miles do you have on the beast now! ?? Do you still use it as a daily driver or just for trailing now??
  8. D

Carlisle All Ford Nat's! Jun 4-6, 2010

hey all, i've been kinda out of the ex game sense i bought my silverado and sold the sport over a year ago. Butttttttt, Bought a 2000 four door and going to lift if i'm thinking, so maybe i can wheel w/ you all if possible ? Gotta get to work on that, Hope everyone is doing well on this site...
  9. D

Where are all the Virginia Explorers??

lol, the last time we all hung out that i'm aware of was in richmond over 2 years ago,, at BWW. I'm in if it's a decent time, but busy now a days,,,,,, home owner, dog owner now,, and working a lot more hours then i used to.. But get the ball going and lets see what everyone is up to...
  10. D

bumper swap?

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh man!!!!! off to the salvage yards i go!! thanks!
  11. D

bumper swap?

96 explorer sport, ,, could i throw on a set of chrome bumpers ,,,?? or do i need to keep the sport , painted style?? Thanks in advance,, Dave
  12. D

96 sport ,, lift? or throw tires on??

31's will fit fine, i had a set on my old explorer sport, stock , but im trying to avoid doing the body lift, and deff not spending money on a suspension lift. I was just wondering if it could be one w/ out going those routes, body lift would deff be cheaper, but still a lot of labor. Thanks...
  13. D

96 sport ,, lift? or throw tires on??

I have a 96 SPORT,, 4x4, i would like to throw some 33's under that sob, but dont really wanna go through the effort of throwing on a body lift. If i put some 15x10.5/ or 12.5 rims would i get by w/ out having to lift or mild trimming?? ooooooR would i need to lift it and deal w/ that...
  14. D

285/75/16 Stock Rims

AHHHHHHHH, we'll that might explain it then!!!!!!!! so could u do the 285-16 on a stock rim? w/ out a torssion twist!?????
  15. D

285/75/16 Stock Rims

i had a explorer sport 2002 model a year or so ago, and ran 265-75-16's for a year or 2. It never rubbed or even came close while full lock of the wheels. I wonder why so many people are having to trim or torssion twist w/ those tires on 4 door models.?
  16. D

looked, but need some knowledge,

Just bought a toy,,, 96 sport, 4x4, Looking for cheap rims, but in the mean time,, can i put 33's on the stock 16 inch rims? 285 i think is the size i'm needing. Also if i just throw those on the rims, can i get by w/ out any lift on the stock rims? Or torsion twist, and some trim?? THanks...
  17. D

My horrible luck

aw man! Nothing worse then a suicidle deer!!! Sorry for your luck lately, but i'm sure you'll have nothing but better from here on out! Was everyone okay, u okay?? Cars can be replaced / or fixed, just keep saying that,lol . Over and over again while your at the body shop!
  18. D

Green Ridge, Md, ??

yeah the more the better,,,,,, ! Youtube videos make it look like it's a fairly decent place,,, but there are some deep pockets of water looks as well.
  19. D

Green Ridge, Md, ??

it only needs to be street legal if you get caught,, :) What ever happend to the old ride you had? I had to sell my 02 sport due to future baby plans,,,,,, , Miss that truck every day!
  20. D

Green Ridge, Md, ??

you all know what that means, Ben is in as well !!!! lol I heard that you could take a bridge if u didnt wanna get our skirts dirty! Lol ??? Dave
  21. D

Green Ridge, Md, ??

a team theme,,?? WE got this ,,,,,, lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QM0vQMlOqVE&feature=related
  22. D

Green Ridge, Md, ??

I'm a stock sport on a set of *****ing 16's,lol and i dont have a clue if something breaks then i'm in real trouble... lol So that'swhy i said go for a easy relaxing drive in the heading of the opening. If it's too deep then might be a one way trek and turning around,lol
  23. D

285/75/16 Stock Rims

scribed!
  24. D

Green Ridge, Md, ??

yeah i saw some pics of that,,,,,,, hopefully the'll be a way around , :p oKAY all u muther falkers,,,,,, lets try to get something going. Prefferbly before it gets too cold incase i gotta walk due to my truck dying!!lol How about mid OCT.. second weekend? I dont have a calender in...
  25. D

Green Ridge, Md, ??

here is the link, http://www.dnr.state.md.us/publiclands/western/greenridge.html
Back