Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Sold out, bought into the Nissan family, so now I have some Ford Explorer stuff to sell. Tires...

Sold out, bought into the Nissan family, so now I have some Ford Explorer stuff to sell. Tires, Rims, Radiator, Shop Manuals(1998), control cluster, rear shocks(3), etc
  2. D

HELP!! The damn gas pedal broke off!!!!

mine fell off on a 3 hour drive once..i tied a strap to it and just held it in my hand, so i'd just pull the strap in order to go, lol. later that day when I got home i drilled some holes and dropped some bolts, it won't be letting go again
  3. D

Help No Reverse 3rd Or 4th Gears

I assume your talking about a vehicle with manual transmission...so idk if this applies, but I know with my automatic. Every gear except park seems to be forward only, it turned out my truck was low on transmission fluid and the clutch plates fused together. Even neutral made the truck go forward
  4. D

From Dead to Frankenstein

well some old guy in an 04-05 nissan maxima shot out in front of me 2 weeks ago..nothing i could do, frame is even worse and the front left wheel is shoved up into the wheel well, so i've finally thrown in the towel, went out and bought a 98 this time. so i'm parting out the old one, already...
  5. D

Auto Hubs: to replace or not to replace

damn, well how did all that grease get in there, i don't mean in the hub cover, but all the lil components the sit on the end of the spindle, they're caked in grease....
  6. D

is it really suppossed to be grease free? like how much of it
  7. D

pictures will follow;)
  8. D

idk, I really like my auto, it's nice when i'm flying down the ice and snow covered highways, parkways, etc, and I can with the puch of abutton go from spinning, sliding, fishtailing to pulling out and driving straight...and vice versa...i love ####in with people on the road haha
  9. D

those quotes were for parts and labor, labor is pretty expensive these days. I've been getting off work fairly early lately, so i figure if i can get back here by 4-430 tomorrow afternoon, that's plenty of time to removes both hubs while it's still light out, bring em inside, examine and see if...
  10. D

I had a tranny shop take a look @ my truck as per why the 4x4 didn't work, and they said the hubs needed replacing and wanted $1k for auto, $750 for manual. so i thought about it, and figured why am i gonna pay insane money for new hubs when i can prob just fix the old ones, now i just gotta...
  11. D

greenpoint, but i do all my work on it on long island
  12. D

thanx, ya i've had a couple people try to buy her off me(for parts and cheap at that), and my mother has even offered to give me $4k to buy something else. but it's too much of a hassle and she still runs so great. just gotta replace the hubs and rig the a/c and she's set..then it's on to the...
  13. D

no 4wd

how do I engage the manual hubs? is it just getting out and turning a switch or is it more involved than that?
  14. D

no 4wd

really, i thought the only diff b/w auto and manual was having to get out to change it. after all i do have push button 4wd, i kinda like that automatic feel. but is there an advantage to manual? well i can get some special custom auto hubs @ autozone for $15 a piece before my friend's 25%...
  15. D

no 4wd

welli ended up @ lee myles, just aggravated me so much, so i figured they could take a look and htey said it's the hubs. $998 for auto, and 50 for manual. i called a slavage yard and they've got used hubs(auto) for 100 a piece, so i might just buy them and do it on sunday in my mother's...
  16. D

no 4wd

apparently i'm the only **** in brooklyn without 4wd. idk it appeared to be working when i did the front end rebuild so i didn't mess with it, but now, when i need it most, i've got nothing. I push the button on the dash, it lights up, and nothing. the front wheels still ain't moving, I'm stuck...
  17. D

errr, not exactly. i straightened out the frame as best as could be, and the alignment seemed to be on the money for the first 6 months, now it needs an alignment again, nothing drastic
  18. D

Don't Drink n Drive

well you know what they say, nothing is impossible, and with power tools and duct tape anything is possible, haha
  19. D

I spent roughly...$1k I found a guy in East New York who had a similar Explorer and let me aprt it out, we negotiated for about $00 to pull off anyting I want, i came back like 10 times to pull off extra stuff. I only had 3 months to do it during the winter so..gotta work with what i've got...
  20. D

well i lost it for 6 months, but i got it back in july. almost down with probation and all, just gottafinsih paying off my lawyers and the courts....can't say i won't get in that spot again, i was exhausted, the alcohol, if it did anything, added to it, so i passed out, i still drive sleepy...
  21. D

I've got apost i started wayy back in 2003 but i just noticed this area. And they say a picture is worth a thousand words, so without further ado:
  22. D

Don't Drink n Drive

I know i've been gone for..a loooong ass time, but here's a pic of my truck after the accident, and today..only took 3 months to rebuild. replaced everything in front of the engine, including the water pump, bolted the new radiator support onto the firewall(I cut the firewall from the 2nd truck...
  23. D

Feature Truck Bobbreadknot 6-15-04

Wow, that is pretty sweet, what happened to the glowing skull? what kind of mileage do you get on that?
  24. D

Don't Drink n Drive

uhm, ya ok, what are you 2 talking about?
  25. D

Don't Drink n Drive

work is going well, thanks to Joe and Anthony @ ClassAcars in BK for the majority of the parts. as soon as I can make these pictures smaller I will post a link to them. frame straightening is goign better than expected, just taking a lil creativity. but everything is going well.
Back