Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Front seat thigh support

Totally agree about the lack of forward thigh support. Another issue for us tall folks is that the telescoping steering wheel doesn't extend far enough away from the dash. I'd love to see an extra inch or two... it would make things much more comfortable. Listening, Ford?
  2. R

Ford HID Kit worth getting from Ford parts?

6000. Exactly the same light pattern as the OEM bulbs... same housing and same geometry. Just amazingly bright light exactly where it needs to be. This is how the headlights should have come from Ford. Hope this helps!
  3. R

Ford HID Kit worth getting from Ford parts?

I had a shop install the Diode Dynamics kits for fogs and headlights. It was a VERY tight fit in the engine compartment, and I just don't have the patience or eyesight to deal with tedious stuff anymore. These are truly a night and day difference. Incredible brightness, and not one single flash...
  4. R

Export address data

Thanks. I'll keep hoping, though.
  5. R

Help! Can't fill gas tank

Have you successfully used this same gas pump before? I've noticed that some stations (not in my state) have different diameter nozzles (sometimes they're larger). Not sure why.
  6. R

Export address data

I've searched everywhere, and i can't find the answer, so I'm hoping I can tap into your wealth of knowledge. I'm going to trade my '14 EX LTD for a new Mustang GT convertible :bounce: Heresy, I know. But I just retired and want something a bit more fun on the backroads and twisties. I've...
  7. R

Winter Problems with Auto HVAC Temp

Thanks. All I need now is another very cold day to duplicate the problem.
  8. R

Interesting idea... thanks. I'm not sure I can effectively record the cold temps and fan speeds with a camera. And even if I did, the chances that they would be willing to look at the video are pretty slim. I am pretty sure that they won't be able to find anything wrong... just like they can't...
  9. R

Greetings, everybody. I have a '14 Explorer XLT. Love the vehicle, even with all its quirks (nav, stinky exhaust, etc.) I have a problem with the HVAC in the winter. I apologize if the following description of the problem isn't crystal clear. And I would appreciate any thoughts you folks might...
  10. R

Which Headlight HID Kit???

+1 for Diode Dynamics! They're super bright, clean, and make a huge difference. My only negative comment is that they take a long time to warm up to full brightness, maybe 10 seconds.
  11. R

Push Bar for Explorer

It's a great place to mount additional lights, looks cool, and adds a touch of utility appearance.
  12. R

Bad or Burnt Exhaust smell in cabin during hard acceleration.

My mistake. Thanks for finding it.
  13. R

Yes, there was, but there was no mention of its name of identifying number :mad: My dealership has no idea what I'm talking about.
  14. R

Foul Smell in Cabin From Vents / AC

Yes, I have. I don't know where the vent is either, so I just sprayed under the dash until I smelled it coming out of the vents. Seemed to work. Terrible solution for a systemic problem, for sure.
  15. R

It's most likely mildew in the condensation drip tray and/or on the a/c grill. I have it too. Quick (temporary) fix is to set the a/c to recirculate, fan on high, spray Lysol in the intake under the dash, and run for a minute or two. Another option is to get an ozone generator to run inside the...
  16. R

Rear View Camera when towing

Here's an option: Blackvue 2 channel dashcam I just installed the single camera unit in my '14 Ex, and it's spectacular. It talks to my iPhone (or Android) by WiFi, so you can monitor the camera on your smart phone. Not recommended to pay a lot of attention to it while you're driving, but a...
  17. R

Temporary Fixes I've had similar problems with my current Ex and 2 Ford Rangers. The problem was mold growing in the condensation drip tray and in the ductwork. This isn't a permanent solution, but setting the a/c to recirculate and spraying Lysol into the under-dash air intake will kill the...
  18. R

Add me to the growing list. I've read all the posts on this topic, hoping to find that someone, somewhere, had found a solution. Shucks... no luck to far. In my case, I think the smell most closely resembles the smell that one would find upon opening the oil filler cap... it smells to me more...
  19. R

Explorer Navigation Tracking Problem

At the risk of repeating my success story, may I suggest:
  20. R

Try disconnecting your battery overnight... it worked for me (none of the other 'fixes' helped). Good luck!
  21. R

2014 Ford Exploer Limited HID from Diode Dynamics

3 Week update These lights continue to amaze me. They put out a tremendous amount of light in exactly the right places, and as an additional benefit, they really light up the (not so) reflective lane paint. I can't say enough good about them! If there is any downside, it is that they take a...
  22. R

2014 Ford Exploer Limited HID from Diode Dynamics

I had mine installed today. Holy Cow! What an improvement. This is what the OEM headlights SHOULD have been from the factory, instead of the pathetic excuses for flashlights that came with the Ex. I chose the 6000K headlight and fog light sets. The light is a tiny bit blue (almost pure white)...
  23. R

Update - nav is finally working About two months ago, I disconnected the battery overnight and since then, the nav has... drum roll please... actually worked most of the time! Holy cow! The dealership couldn't/wouldn't help (although they were very nice about it), and the help line offered...
  24. R

Information Screens Go Blank

I've had this happen three times in the past two months. The displays come back on in a short time (usually 10 seconds or so), and as long as they come back on I can live with it. It sure is disconcerting when it happens! I'll ask the dealer to check for codes next time I'm in for service and...
  25. R

Merry Christmas, Everybody! As a next step, I disconnected the battery overnight. So far, the nav is accurate much more often. It doesn't get lost as frequently, and it seems to recover more quickly. I spoke with Alonzo at the Ford help line (800 392-3673) who told me that the dealership...
Back