Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

Deciding between '03 and '04 Explorer Sport Tracs. '03 is $8.3k, '04 is $10k

That's a lot of dough for one of those. I ran across 2 for less than 5 thou while looking for my 04 exp.
  2. E

Full LED swap

How about gauge cluster/ stereo/ climate control bulbs.. Considered going to blue. But the displays aren't changeable huh?
  3. E

Hello. new to this site 2005 Explorer just cut out

Any other input? Same issue but w 4.6. Shuts off while driving once in awhile, same exact story.
  4. E

steering controls - some don't work

Mem control now spontaneously working intermittently. Cruise speed reduction still nothing. Thinking dirty. Haven't had time to pull apart yet but will update.
  5. E

Puddle lamp/courtesy light bulb listed wrong

Thank you. I have a pass side burned out, good timing for this read.
  6. E

Aluminum vs Steel Hood

Also there's a TSB @ ford for their lack of prep work during manufacture/production 2002-2007 explorers, the alum is compromised to corrode due to not insulating the alum hoods from steel components.
  7. E

Aluminum vs Steel Hood

Your ex should already have the alum hood.
  8. E

4.6 RPM drop when coming to a stop sign

Hmm. That wouldn't throw a code though?
  9. E

4th gen hatch on a 3rd gen? will it fit

I think the 3rd gen looks better. 4th makes the truck look taller. I can't imagine it would be hard to take these broken ones and reinforce them for a permanent fix. Mine is still good, when do they generally break? Just random or when slammed or? How often does the glass break? I can't...
  10. E

How to make your Ford Explorer steering column telescope PICS

Thank you. I read it was a difference as if the XLS models were excluded vs 3rd gen altogether.
  11. E

Thank you. I read it was a difference as if the XLS models were excluded vs 3rd gen altogether.
  12. E

Help! Anyone have a Write up on Aviator side mirrors Install with wiring instructions

Pics would be great ! That's a nice silver X, be nice if there was a kit that wasn't complained about. Everyone seems to raise their X after lowering it, & one guy from Iceland had the V8 & said the springs must've been designed for the 4.0. Don't know of a good kit, do you? Those avi...
  13. E

How is it I have a 2004 EB edition without telescopic? Or do I and I need to get more aggressive w it? You use the tilt lever to unlock the telescopic?
  14. E

2002 4.6 auto to manual swap

Make sure the mlps sensor is fastened in the neutral position off the auto trans or the truck won't start. Don't take it out just leave it in & make sure trans is in neutral when you take the auto out. Clutch pedal can't help. Going to be work regardless.
  15. E

2006 stereo fit a 2004?

I had a 94 explorer with the jbl system & I bypassed every ounce of factory wiring for that thing to save headache. With an afyermarket deck, of course. It might be for that. You don't know what the 04 harness looks like? Or you already know it's not the same? For now I would like to use a newer...
  16. E

Thank you firefly. Try to clean then check resis, and likely have to replace. Wanting to put in an aftermarket double din stereo receiver, need to make sure all of my steering controls work first so I can pinpoint any issue I have setting the steering controls to the new deck. Thank you !
  17. E

Okay, thanks for that. It's just the bottom two buttons one on each side Rest are fine..... weird
  18. E

No.. I'll be taking a closer look @ it & will update Just no time since purchase
  19. E

Explorer to Aviator front brake upgrade

So, you're going to try to modify the avi brackets?
  20. E

Hmm. Hate to replace the buttons & still have the issue.
  21. E

No gradual rise in rpm at all. push.. push.. push.. nothing, then all of a sudden @ a certain point the truck takes off. Trips the 4wd in too. Not the tranny, completely the throttle It's predictable but unstoppable...
  22. E

04 with the steering wheel radio controls. Left side cruise, the - to decrease set speed doesn't work. Radio side, the mem button doesn't work to go from preset to preset. Doesn't do anything. Would think a good clock spring is a good clock spring. Or do these work via remote signal...
  23. E

Mustang Rims on my 05?

After some clicks, froader already answered that they'll work good. I'm 99% sure c/b will be the same. Just worth a check. Can always get rings quick if needed. For that price, though, if I were you, I'd look @ other factory/ factory replica stang wheels, unless you really like those...
  24. E

Mustang Rims on my 05?

Jx40 is not common terminology. Find the manufacturer specs for the wheel, either with Google or contact the manufacturer. Center bore, use Google. Search to find our measurement, then cross reference it to what the stang wheel spec is. Can always use a micrometer, or even a tape measure...
  25. E

Mustang Rims on my 05?

Look @ offset in ratio to width, the wider the wheel the more negative you *may* need in order to clear the inside of the wheel well. Use this chart for example: http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=235940 Also, if you're going to tow, you need to make sure the wheels will...
Back