Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

Power window motor problems ...solved!!!

Ok, just to clear things up a tad. No rivets need to be drilled out for this. If you just want to change the bushings in the rear window..follow this. - take off door panel - drill out the one small dimple in inner door. - remove the three square faced screws * At this point, motor will...
  2. G

92 Explorer Front Wheel Bearings--800 Bucks?

Hell, even if the spindles and rotors have to be replaced, your still going to be under $200 for everything. Been there, done that, ...still didnt get the T-shirt.... :p
  3. G

100,000 Mile Club

Guess its time to update this thing.......... Now at 225,000, just a few small problems after I loaned the Ex out(most now fixed). But,. the factory tranny lasted to 210,000, still no work done to the motor. Just the usual stuff, battery, alt, brakes replaced.....This thing seems like it will...
  4. G

What is UP with the suspension on these things?

Throw a stiff suspension lift on and 32" BFG KO's on and see how rough the ride can really be..LOL
  5. G

Windows arent working

I just finished doing that to three of my windows. I got my bushings from Ace hardware(Lowe's also carries them). Had to slighly modify them, but they work great. New motors-~$75, lift gear repair kit~$25, my repair $2. I also had a problem with the gas tank. Needle was stuck on empty. After...
  6. G

Preventing Battery Corrosion?

When mine kept corroding right after it was cleaned, I replaced the neg and pos cables. After getting the pos side off, I inspected it...I was amazed the truck even started. The cable was almost corroded in half. After installing them, I used some anti-corrosion grease and they have been fine...
  7. G

Yeah, I priced a remaned unit too, and then they told me about the price of the gear kit..... shocked, I was. A little plastic gear, 3 nylon bushings and some grease...$25!!! Are you mad? :eek: Oh, and as for the rivets in the rear door that were drilled out( four per rear door, none on the...
  8. Exppainted

Exppainted

9. Expstock

Expstock

10. G

I searched, read and searched some more, and finally I spent about 6 hours and fixed the three doors on the Ex that weren't working. Motor was turning, but no window movement. If anyone has had this problem, don't spend money on a salvage yard motor, a new motor, or even $20-$25 for the window...
  11. G

Help...power windows

El Bumperatisimo....... (bump) Any help?? Anyone?
  12. G

Help...power windows

I can hear the motor. It keeps turning, but the window does not move(well, kinda jumpy). It still shocks me that three windows started doing about the same time. Someone has got to of had some type of similiar trouble before?? Your help will be greatly appreciated.:D Anyone about the...
  13. G

Help...power windows

A friend of mine has a problem with his power windows(Yes, an Explorer). The drivers windows started doing this erratic kind of pausing when rolling up and down. I thought it was the motor but then the passenger window started doing it, then one of the back windows. I then thought it to be the...
  14. G

E-brake light comes on when hitting the brakes!

When mine started lighting up during braking, it turned out to be the master cylinder. Simple things first.. check brake fluid level, bleed the brakes(look for wet spots, if leaking), check brake pads..start replacing stuff. *After replacing the m.c. , I found out the rear ABS control...
  15. G

What was YOUR first post?

The first of many stupid questions..and no replies! Thanks for making a fellow welcome people :D Just wanted to post this spider....
  16. G

Cobra Mustang woes

I finally got the go ahead from the Mrs. to go get me a new vehicle. I have been absolutely drolling over the new 2003 Cobra Mustang. I have read all the literature I could find, decorated my computer with pic,..etc. I go to the dealer today to check them out in person and.... I'm too frickin'...
  17. G

Colors

I had mine painted a dark metallic grey. Love the color, doesn't show dust too bad and went well with the 'shades of grey' interior.
  18. G

AC not working, and now i know why, HELP!!...

Your talking about the clutch. If your system is low on freon or out of freon altogether that will cause the clutch not to engage. You might also just have a blow fuse ( #11 - 10Amp, I believe). A reconditioned compressor will be a little over $200, junkyard - probably half that. If you plan on...
  19. G

Brett Grooms

Brett, did just as he said. I paypalled the money after setting the deal up(with multiple quick-response emails). Parts were delivered as promised within 4 days. Co to SC. Unfortunatley I did not put them on as fast as they were shipped. :).., but the weekends coming soon! Thanks.
  20. G

2003...The Goat returns

Where did you find the price for the GTO? All I've been able to find is a few photos.
  21. G

2003...The Goat returns

I still remember those days of yesteryear, listening to the raw horsepower of my mom's 69 goat. The sound it made as the hurst 4-speed was engaging the tranny, the tires chirpping ever so slightly as she pulls away from the stop signs........... And now in late 2003... the return...
  22. G

Explorer Reliability

I have just over 200,000 miles on mine. Still original and unmolested motor and transmission (although the overdrive is now gone). I have talked to a few folks about a rebuild and most go for about $1200-$1500. One guy told me to try replacing the TCC switch [torque converter control switch]...
  23. G

000000[COLOR=red]0[/COLOR] for the third time!

000,000 new , 100,000 and ...Ok, well... I finally passed the 200,000 mark. Same motor and transmission with no work done to either yet. The OD went a few thousand ago, but still doing fine in all other gears. I know there are those out there with more, but I just had to throw mine in...
  24. G

VW new concept car

Dead Link Removed To listen to automakers snipe about tightening fuel economy standards, you'd think it impossible to squeeze more miles from a barrel of Extract of Arabia. This, of course, is not the case, particularly if you design a vehicle expressly to drive far and drink little...
  25. G

type of brake pad to purchase?

Raybestos QuietStop. Been running them on mine for a loooong time..well, at least since they came out with them :D They stop very well, have lasted a long time ( at least over a year and a half..~35000 miles) and they throw VERY little brake dust out. If you have a PepBoys nearby, they are...
Back