Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Heater Core Replacement????

Anyone mind posting the shop manual instructions for doing this on a '91? I need to replace mine as it's making a constant trickling sound that's starting to get pretty annoying..
  2. T

CD Player Install ('93 XLT)

It's real easy. Get a wireing harness, wire it up to your cd player and just snap it in. A couple things to watch out for. If you have a 4x4 when you pull the dash away the 4x4 buttons are connected and don't come off to easily. You can pry them off with a flat head screw driver but be...
  3. T

4x4 "clunk"

I'm far from an expert but it sounds like the exact same problem my truck has (91 XL), the mechanics tell me it's because one of the auto-hubs doesn't engage. I'd look at that first then go from there.
  4. T

weird 'trickling' sound...

ok, that makes sense. If this is the problem, what's the solution? I'm a mechanical novice so if it's an order of magnitude more complicated then chaning my oil I'll take it to a shop ;)
  5. T

It's a character from one of my favorite books, Nuromancer by William Gibson. I'm not Finnish in the least ;) Ok, so that's 2 votes for heater core.
  6. T

Perhaps. However the heating system works just fine and dandy, and how would the heating system relate to the clutch causing the sound to go away when the cluch is pressed in?
  7. T

I recently purchased a 1991 XL, 5spd manual tranny, 106k miles. Overall it's in excellent condition. The engine runs smooth, the transmission shifts well and quiet. The only issue I have is this odd trickling sound. It's a constant sound that sounds exactly like water trickling. There's no...
  8. T

1991 XL + 5yr old Jensen head unit...

Thanks guys. I picked up the wiring harness (Metra 70-1770) after work today and wired the stereo up to it. The sun went down before I could slap into the truck so thats tommorows project :)
  9. T

1991 XL + 5yr old Jensen head unit...

Hi all. I just bought a 1991 Explorer XL and I have an old (about 5yrs) Jensen CD/AM/FM head unit I want to put into it. The Explorer doesn't have the 'premium' sound system. From what I've read all I should need is to wire the head unit up to a wiring harness, pull the factory radio, plug in...
Back