Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

-_- New member need help in a big way.

Forgot to follow up on this, but the problem was indeed a broken timing guide. 2 valves were bent, catalytic converter destroyed. I guess it broke again after the first repair, for whatever reason being used parts or something, it broke when they took it for a test drive so they had to pull the...
  2. E

Tablet Installs

Ill always have my phone with me so your guide goes where I go, so to speak. I'm not really worried about the rear heat or controls as I plan to reshape it a little back there but mostly want it for the front pieces and better lower sitting cupholders, I lost 44oz of big gulp the first week I...
  3. E

Tablet Installs

You are a saint among mere mortals. I'm glad I finally signed up for this forum haha hopping theres a console at the junk yard that matches my interior, ill make a trip this weekend. Maybe convince my coworker to let go of his nexus 7 in the process so I can make this happen before my wife...
  4. E

Tablet Installs

This is exactly what Iwas looking for! Thanks!! I've watched the amplified show a few times before its neat but they don't always show the parts id like to see to help me cheat in the figure it out yourself department lol. Do you know if the explorer console fits the sport trac? I don't like...
  5. E

Tablet Installs

I got myself a sport trac about 2 weeks ago, was just curious since I havent been able to find any out there, has anyone seen any tablet installs, like a 7-8" tablet that still keeps a factory look and is still removable in this particular dash? I keep looking at the Nexus 7, and I'm really...
  6. E

Took the truck back today. I should know within a few days what's up and have a definitive answer to this fiasco, they apologized and were glad to take it right away to get it to the mechanics. Fingers crossed it gets resolved quickly. Ill post the end results when Ifind out.
  7. E

Well... Explicative. I did a compression test, quadruple checked my plugs were correct and everything, pcv hoses/pipes thingies all look fine, no visual crackage and such. However, cylinders 1-3 have 120psi and cylinders 3-6 have 180psi. I am by no means a professional, although with a...
  8. E

My rpms at idle went up about 80-100 rpms after the o2 replacement on the misfiring side, nothing really major. Both the short and long term trims seem to increase in distance, almost becoming mirror opposites as throttle is increased. I also have a leaky valve cover gasket I think I found some...
  9. E

I clear the codes with my laptop+obd2 dongle before retesting each time, it also allows me to read the percentages of the fuel trim and other sensor data, it takes about 60 seconds after clearing for them to reappear. I have the v6. I've spent enough money at this advanced to have a good...
  10. E

Oh and sorry, Yes I have the v6 4.0L engine, not totally sure if it's the SOHC or not, there isnt a SOHC badge or anything on my intake cover, and I really know nothing about this engine yet sooo.. yeah.. The engine oil dip is on the right side, if that helps lol
  11. E

Howdy from buggman!

Hah, bug dude from Ranger Forums! I remember you haha, you seem to have been a very busy bee, and become very popular since I last visited the forum lol congrats man, we should do a colab of some kind one of these days.
  12. E

1. Our friendship is currently pending, when I picked up the vehicle it was great, no issues what so ever. 2. For the first week and a half, engine had no codes, no MIL no signs of abuse, and over all was in good clean cosmetic condition under the hood and throughout the vehicle. I would...
  13. E

frustrating electrical problem need help bad

X2, I had this happen once, I removed the gauge cluster to put some lights in it and had to run to the store, got half way there and truck died on me in the middle of the road, I ended up jumping the 2 wires together to get by until I finished the lighting, was pretty embarrassed.
  14. E

frustrating electrical problem need help bad

See if its even charging first, crank the truck and while running, disconnect (safely) the positive side of the battery, if it stops running, the vehicle is not charging and you can at least rule out for sure weather it's the alternator or not.
  15. E

Hello all, been a long time lurker but finally have a ford for a change, it seemed like a good idea at the time... about 2 weeks ago, picked up a 2003 sport trac from a friend of mine who works at a dealership, it had a little over 100k on the odo and ran like the most inefficient gas guzzling...
Back