Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

Sold out from under me

The GM Emailed me to say that the salesman would be "retrained". He also tried to tell me that it was not intentional & wanted to get me another truck to gain my "trust" back. I told him that I contacted Ford customer service & he wrote back to tell me to enjoy the Jeep as they are good...
  2. K

Sold out from under me

Oh!, I will. It just bites my a** that no one at the dealer caught the fact that it stated special order on the sticker. I haven`t seen those type of shenanigans since the early 80`s. Also in the last twelve months I have bought two new Mustangs from these guys & this is what I get.....
  3. K

Sold out from under me

Salesman told me he was "sorry" & they could get me another around the sixth of January. I said no thanks & asked if the salesman who sold the truck could not read the words "Special Order" on the sticker. He did not know what to say. I was so mad, I went right across the street & bought a new...
  4. K

Sold out from under me

We ordered our new 2014 Explorer form Mccafferty Ford in Langhorne Pa. on 10/29. It came in on Friday, & some salesman sold it out from under me as it came off the truck. I`m pizzed.:mad:
  5. K

Explorer 2nd row console install

They are a great vendor. I am a site admin on AllFordMustangs.com & they are a site sponsor. We have over 160,000 members & I have yet to hear one bad comment about them. I personally have bought FOMOCO mud guards, & the rubber rear bumper protector (Which is really no thicker than a decal:mad:)...
  6. K

Removing Aquapel ?

I had Safelite put a windshield in one of my cars. They came out to my house & did it. No problems as I remember.
  7. K

2014 Limited Ordered - Pecan/Black Interior & Adaptive questions

Hmmm, we wanted the Pecan & Black color also, but were told we could not get it with the Ruby red exterior. I don`t know why, it seems like a perfect fit.
  8. K

I Got My '14 Sport Window Sticker (Finally!)

I just got my sticker yesterday. It has a build date of 12/06. Now I have to see how long until we get it.
  9. K

Hard to start after gas fill up

I notice that on the new fords (I`m still waiting on my Explorer) such as the `13 Mustang. They do not come with a gas cap & my manual tells you to quit filling the tank when the pump clicks off. In other words, don`t keep trying to get that last "little bit" of gas in the tank. When the pump...
  10. K

Few minor issues '12 limited 4x4

Yeah, I would not look for hard buttons to make a comeback anytime soon. Every manufacturer seems to be moving to a touch screen for better or worse.
  11. K

Is this vibration normal?

I would be at the dealer`s service door first in line in the AM. Its a new vehicle & that`s what the warranty is for. Use it for all its worth.
  12. K

20" Polished Aluminum Rims Ruined?

^^That`s funny!:D I told my salesman that I would not order the truck if he could not get me the polished wheels.
  13. K

Bad or Burnt Exhaust smell in cabin during hard acceleration.

WoW, after all these problems, I hope my yet to be built `14 Explorer Limited will be Job 2 with the convertors fixed. I`m not good with shelling out $43,000 dollars for a new vehicle & having something like this happen.
  14. K

Retired

Welcome, if you are talking about posting a new thread, just click on the "new thread button, put in the topic you need help with on the first line & then the details in the larger window, & then click "post new thread" & you are done.
  15. K

Window Sticker

Here is the youtube link showing the `13 Explorers being built. Its interesting. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZ3ZXd5DEyo
  16. K

Where's the Power At?

Yes they can. They don`t know what kind of tune it was, but the computer will tell them that "something" was changed.
  17. K

Explorer Audio upgrade(s)

After reading this entire thread, my head is spinning. I usually change out the factory system to something better when I buy a new vehicle. After looking what you have to go through with the Explorer system, I think I am going to live with the stock unit (the truck is not even built yet- `14...
  18. K

Lift kits for 5th gen. Explorer

Well then. that`s kind of self explanatory. The dealer did that. They don`t normally come that way.:dunno:
  19. K

22" Wheels For Explorer

WOW! Very nice.
  20. K

It's here! My '14 Limited just arrived!

Thanks, She`s good people & has helped many of our members as I`m sure you guys do here also.:thumbsup:
  21. K

Not 100% happy with my new Explorer.

Hmm, We just ordered a 2014 V6 4WD Explorer Limited & the one we took out for a test drive had plenty of get up & go. I hope ours has it also when it arrives.
  22. K

Color matched leather dye

I use Lexol & thought it did a great job on my Cobra, but I have been reading that in automotive leather seats there is a clear layer over the color. You really don`t get to the naked leather, so I`m not sure that the preservative is even getting to the leather. Here are a couple of links. You...
  23. K

2014 sport loaded to the gills

Nice looking Explorer!
Back