Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Project "Night Light" LED Light Bar mount build

Thanks man! Yea, surprisingly I did not need to use any gussets (you will see that in Part 2). Before painting I rode around with the light bar on and it is rock solid. I think the thick 1.5in square tubing is keeping the whole thing rigid. I was prepared to do some triangulation because I...
  2. D

Project "Night Light" LED Light Bar mount build

Hey guys, I am building a light rack for my pickup to eventually hold a 42in led light bar. This is the first time I have ever tried a project on this scale and it is/was a lot of fun! I think this will get some of those creative juices flowing and hopefully inspire some of you to start a...
  3. D

Roof Rack Mounting Help/Advice Needed

I dont know where you know my truck from lol... YouTube is my only guess. Yea, I calculated the flex and will build the bar up high enough and see how it works. If it does get close, then I will have a plan B: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_6HQ1Xb5W4 Any idea of what motors he used...
  4. D

Thanks for the info. I tested the flex to see how much there was and there was 15mm of flex between the bed and cab from just driving up a pile of snow. I would have never though of that so thanks so much!
  5. D

Interesting point. I didnt think about that. How much flex do you think there is? I guess I will have to tie in more support to the headache rack from the bed rails if there isnt enough support as is. I guess it is just the first step you need to take and once you do it (and do it right) it is...
  6. D

Thanks man! That stinks the links wont work. Let me try some new links. I like that design but I am really trying hard to not drill any holes in the sheet metal. Here is my design (this link should work): https://www.dropbox.com/s/tl3fkehy5gqgu2f/Truck%20Rack.jpg?dl=0
  7. D

Hey Guys, So I want to mount a roof rack on my Mazda B3000 and there arent really rain gutters. I have the roof rack tied into the hearache rack and bed rails but I still think I will need extra support over the roof to prevent it from vibrating while driving. I will be using 1.5in, 1/8 thick...
  8. D

How to replace dash lights (very detailed)

Hey guys, So I just made this video which should be very helpful to many of us! Replacing the dash lights is not that bad of a job and it is just a little time consuming with all of the screws. Let me know what you think! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRMSvFO7org
  9. D

Does Techron fuel system cleaner really work?

Hey guys, so here is the second fuel cleaner test on a car/truck. The first test was with gumout and in this video I test Techron to see if it actually cleans the carbon in the engine. Let me know what you think. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8i9qftqKNY
  10. D

Does Seafoam actually work? PROOF!

I am not so sure water would work the way you think. A head gasket leak is long term compared to spraying a little water into your engine. I will be testing it so we will find out. Thanks man!
  11. D

Does Seafoam actually work? PROOF!

Hey guys, I always wondered if seafoam actually works so I did some tests. While this is on a small motor, I will be testing it on a dirty car/truck motor soon, but I thought everyone would find this interesting!!! I think the results speak for themselves! Let me know what you think...
  12. D

Do fuel system cleaners actually work? Testing Gumout "All-in-One"

Thanks! Yea, it can also check for valve damage with a mirror but the mirror isnt that great.
  13. D

Do fuel system cleaners actually work? Testing Gumout "All-in-One"

Hey guys, We always hear about how people use fuel system cleaners to clean the engine but unless you have a dirty injector with a misfire, who knows if the fuel cleaners actually do anything?!?! In this video I show before and after using Gumout "All in one" fuel system cleaner which claims...
  14. D

How to Flush your Heater Core (safely)

Hey guys, It is that time of year again when we need heat in our trucks so here is how to flush out your heater core using a hose in a safe manner to reduce any chance of damaging your heater core. I got a 25F increase in heater temperature which is awesome! Let me know what you think!
  15. D

Heater wont work (how to diagnose and fix)

Hey guys, I dont want anyone to be out in the cold this winter so I made a video on how to diagnose the heating system in our trucks. I go through, step by step, each common problem that causes you to not have heat in your truck (and this can be applied to any vehicle). Let me know what you...
  16. D

How to Aim Headlights (and fog lights)

Hey guys, So this video will show you how to aim your headlights and your fog lights on our trucks. This is a big problem I see all the time where people dont know how to aim their headlights and either their light beam is not lighting up the road adequately or they are blinding other...
  17. D

How to Restore Brake Lights

Hey guys, So my third brake light was really faded and I notice this is a common problem on Rangers and B-series Trucks so I made this video to show everyone how to permanently restore the brake light! Let me know what you think!
  18. D

How to Separate Headlight and Fog light lenses (without home oven)

No problem! I am planning on doing a projector lens retrofit on the truck soon!
  19. D

How to Separate Headlight and Fog light lenses (without home oven)

Hey guys, So I have been thinking about doing some projector lens retrofitting on my trucks fog lights (or headlights) so I made a video no how to separate the lenses. The headlights are sealed beams 6x7 which are common on older jeeps and pickups, but the fog lights are from my B3000. The...
  20. D

How to Permanently Make Your Headlights Clear!!!

I personally would not do this to new headlights. If they are quality headlights then they should last. I would wax the new headlights with a synthetic wax with UV blocker in it. That should help prolong the life of the headlight! If the headlight gets hazy, then you can do this and it will be...
  21. D

How to Permanently Make Your Headlights Clear!!!

Hey guys, So I have been working on a method to make your headlights permanently clear and here it is. There are many ways to make your headlights clear such as kits from the store (3M is pretty good), toothpaste, baking soda, brake fluid, bug spray, wet sand, etc. Some work great, others are...
  22. D

How to Wire Auxiliary Reverse lights that come on in reverse

It really is not bad at all. It was a lot of fun to do and the results are the best part! Those look awesome! Nice work!
  23. D

How to Replace Bushings (EASY)

Hey guys, So here is my latest video on how to replace control arm bushings. Instead of replacing the whole control arm for $60+ you can get a pair of bushings for $15 and press the old ones out and press the new ones in. For the upper control arm you have to make sure your ball joint is...
  24. D

How to Wire Auxiliary Reverse lights that come on in reverse

Even with a tow bar, these lights fit where I put them. I am planning on getting a tow bar so that is why I put them where I did.
Back