Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Fuel Filter Replacement w/pics

It's hard to find how-to information on the 2005 explorer sport tracs. Fuse diagram different, locations of parts different. A lot is different from an 05 and the rest of the first gens. Can anyone help me out on a how-to for the 2005 with a 4.0l?
  2. B

Speed Control Deactivation Switch Recall (09S09)

Nvm it's only explorers not STs. Plus it's only to like 2002-3
  3. B

Speed Control Deactivation Switch Recall (09S09)

So I drive a 2005 Explorer ST 4.0L V6 How can I find out if it's been recalled on it?
  4. B

Ground wire concern

Hey guys so I'm so excited even after I replaced the water pump before knowing the real issue was the bottom thermostat housing. Replaced it and no more leak so far. Very thankful to everyone who has helped me with my first truck repair and diagnostic. Literally couldn't have done it...
  5. B

New water pump; still leaking

So I've been losing fluid from my radiator at a very high rate and from every angle I could see, the water pump was the most probable source. I replaced the water pump and began to fill my radiator and once the fluid hit thermostat level, I see the leak just as bad as ever. I think the leak is...
  6. B

My photos/schematics/diagrams still available.

Yeah, me too. I had already gotten the belt off and realized I hadn't broken the bolts free from the pulley so opposing force against two ratchet wrenches with 8mm bits was the easiest way to lock the pulley in position while breaking free the bolts
  7. B

Fan belt tensioner stuck!?

Thanks everyone. This site is unbelievably helpful
  8. B

My photos/schematics/diagrams still available.

2005 sport trac mystery bugs Hi Steve, my name is Brandon and I am a new member. I am replacing the water pump on my 4.0L v6 sohc 2005 sport trac and was hoping you had some diagrams or any helpful info for my project. I've already run into several differences between the owners manual that...
  9. B

Fan belt tensioner stuck!?

I'm in the process of my first DIY water pump replacement on my 2005 ford explorer sport trac rear wheel drive 4.0L v6 SOHC and am trying to pull up or ppush down on the tensioner to free the belt but I cannot seem to make the tensioner break free from position. Any suggestions?
  10. B

05 sport trac water pump and fuse problem

I'd really appreciate it if anyone could find a specific fuse diagram for my 05 front wheel drive 4.0 L v6 ford explorer sport trac. Also, I need to replace my water pump and do some work on some wiring and could use videos or info on getting started
Back