Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

dash wire harness swap

Also, albi1cnobi1added EATC to one of his rigs a few years ago... looks like he is still rumbling around as well.
  2. R

dash wire harness swap

Umm, long time since I posted ... But I have the text content from the car domain write-up on the EATC install. It was another project that I didn't get to but I gathered all the parts and even did the dry run test and posted a vid to utube. If you would like text conversions of the web pages...
  3. R

I think my 4.0 SOHC is hooped ...

At long last .... 2011 Ranger motor is in. We were able to drop it in without to much difficulty. We carefully positioned the motor with the 5 speed still installed and used the trans to engine mounting bolts to suck in the motor to the transmission, Not started yet - we managed to break a...
  4. R

I just don't know... Thanks RB... alignment may be a huge issue & the tranny might indeed come out yet lol, maybe not completely out, I just don't know. You think alignment is much easier from the tranny side after the engine has been bolted in ? New slave cylinder bought and ready to...
  5. R

Motor Out I am still here and slowly - very slowly :) - working on my engine swap. With a good friend and great weather here today we achieved something .... On the hoist is the new motor and behind is the blown SOHC. The actual lift was not too bad except the roof of the garage was a...
  6. R

'11 Ranger motor bought Lol, no Stroker in my future I don't think... Maybe I need to rethink my "voice of reason" comment :) Timing worked out and I accompanied a friend with his Highlander and utility trailer to Edmonton - 3 hours north of me - and we picked up a 4.0 SOHC from a 2011...
  7. R

Thanks TBT, I have pretty much decided that if the motor is coming out ... it's not going back in.
  8. R

List of Useful Threads Everything I know about the M5OD-R1 & BW1354M

Frankenclutch ? I have started a thread I think my 4.0 SOHC is hooped ... and I am seriously thinking about swapping in a low mileage '05 - '11 Ranger 4.0 motor. My truck, PJ, is a 2002 4x4 Explorer Sport SOHC with a 5 speed. Earlier in this thread you said: I am planning on doing - or...
  9. R

Agreed I would be much happier knowing what the issue is... When the sound first started I was surprised at how loud it was in the cab, But with the hood down it makes sense that more sound would be directed towards the firewall. My clutch has been a little hinky on and off for the last...
  10. R

Thanks 2000StreetRod, that pretty much the way I looked at it. I am also planning to replace all clutch components as they are original - at least since I have owned it for the past five years. Service records from the dealership where it was bought seem to indicate that the transmission was...
  11. R

It is a 4x4 Sport with a 5 speed manual. I understand that the rear cassette requires the engine removal and am concerned that if the front is indeed screwed then the reliability of the rear components is also in question in my opinion. I also think that since the tools for the timing job are...
  12. R

So I have decided I am hooped and have began searching for a much newer Ranger or Mustang motor. My logic is that since I have to pull the motor to replace all the timing components I might as well drop in the newest, lowest mileage motor I can find. I have a line on a low mileage - about 30K...
  13. R

I pulled the serpentine belt and crossed my fingers ... No joy. Same nasty sound. Any other thoughts ?
  14. R

Thanks for the replies guys. I will pull the serpentine in the morning as suggested and go from there. I had originally posted in the Explorer 911 forum but I guess a mod moved it. Unfortunately it was moved into the 2002-2005 forum but the 2001-2003 Sports topics are supposed to be in the...
  15. R

Was hoping I would not need to post here ... :eek::eek: PJ is a base model 2002 Explorer Sport 4.0 with a 5 speed. She has around 180,000 Kilometers on her and was running fairly well - only issue seemed to be codes indicating an issue with an O2 sensor. Drove fine today until about 2...
  16. R

For Sale '94 Ltd Leather Armrest & Bracket - Prisitine !!!

Grabbed this at a JY a few years ago and then forgotten about ... $ 40 + shipping from Calgary Canada. Pristine condition leather armrest with bracket - no bolts. Grey with turquoise piping. I also have the driver and passenger leather/power seats - cleanest tracks I have ever seen - in...
  17. R

Can I added heated mirrors to my 2001 XLT ?

Sorry for the thread HiJack ... Does anyone know if the wire complete with pin from a low end power mirror - '02 Sport in my case - can be removed from its connector and installed in the original connector of a Limited power/heated/puddle mirror ? Seems it could be fairly easy to add the...
  18. R

Installing cruise control

Great stuff !!! I am sure that the master cylinder switch is only used for cruise as I don't have a master cylinder switch and have seen no issues with anything else. One thing you might want to check - very well documented on the forums - there is a very real and serious danger with that...
  19. R

Hmmm, doesn't sound good.... Just in case, did you check for blown fuses ? From the diagram you posted, it looks like fuses 9, 10 and 13 in the fuse junction panel - the one inside the truck methinks and fuse 10 in the battery junction box all play some rule in this. I guess it could...
  20. R

I know that there is a diagnostic procedure ... posted somewhere on the forum. You might want to try that first. There are some other small things that will keep the cruise system from operating. I just remembered the wacky cruise safety interlock with the master cylinder. My master cylinder...
  21. R

Eddie Bauer Steering Wheel Swap

Subscribed as I am planning close to the same swap including EATC install. i have all the bits and pieces and am planning to use the JY clockspring. If only I wasn't so lazy :(
  22. R

Lol, I know what you mean. In my case - '02 Sport - I definitely did not have the wiring to plug in the cruise buttons but the new clockspring did so it was obvious. If it was me I would just go for it if you think the wiring is there. I was very careful with the air bag removal - plenty...
  23. R

I installed stock cruise control in my 2002 Sport - using a Ford kit - and I did have to replace the clockspring. It actually came in the kit. The '01 -'03 Sports are very similar to the other 2nd gen explorers but I don't know - they have body differences but most other things are the same...
  24. R

Help looking for D/s seat cushion and

Sorry for the hijack .. Newfy Trac, don't know if they are still available but there is this maybe: http://www.kijiji.ca/v-other-auto-parts-and-accessories/edmonton/front-seat-cushions/500557471
  25. R

Explorer Cruise Control Diagnosis Help

Welcome Josh The dash light should come on after your push set button - after pushing the ON button. I think you have to be travelling faster than 40 mph maybe before it will actually set. Try that first. There is a diagnostic procedure as well and I will post it here once I find it ...
Back