Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

My 2003 X registry

The last half of the year last year was a tough one for the X. Gave this explorer to my daughter. She's fell on some hard times so we gave her a break. Still in the family and still at the house. Ended up getting this (only picuter I've got so far, it snowed about 6" the day after I picked it up)
  2. R

My 2003 X registry

So again, it's been a while but I got some issues fixed and well, others not so much. I was leaking coolant horribly and I couldn't find out where. I had to take it to the dealer and they found the crack, it was in the head manifold. Cracked over the top of 3 different cylinders and one was...
  3. R

"Kitrinos" The project that keeps on giving.

Great thread!
  4. R

My 2002 XLS

Nice work. I love the black, so MUCH better than the grey.
  5. R

My 2003 X registry

Been a bit since I posted. Really the X is running great (and every time I say that I have to fix it). I didn't get nearly what I wanted to done this summer and only had one issue. Well, a few I guess but those got dealt with. I got a great set of AT tires (Pictures), I was in Chicago and the...
  6. R

Flowmaster vs. Borla mufflers

Got the flows on mine. Click my registry below for UN-broke in sound. They are much nicer sounding now. NVM link provided. http://s119.photobucket.com/user/rmason92/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20131212_113901_zpsfaa5d9b1.mp4.html
  7. R

My New To Me 2002 Eddie Bauer Progress Thread

WOW man, looks amazing. Great work.
  8. R

My 2003 X registry

Updated main page. Well, slow start got awfully worse. Had to get it changed and didn't have the time or place to do it. Some say it's a simple job but I didn't have the facilities to fix it if something went wrong. Total was $616 installed including a fuel filter. Also, I changed the oil...
  9. R

My 2003 X registry

I've been doing some mileage watching so far with the X. It's hard to really gauge what my MPG are being that I start it in the AM to take the kids to school in a warm car and that this winter has caused me to be in 4x4 mode constantly. My tracking so far: 12.4 MPG 11.3 MPG 14.2 MPG 11.5 MPG...
  10. R

My 2003 X registry

We ran into a few issues. The wife was driving the Ex due to the amount of snow we've had. She told me there was a thump. Something was really thumping. Rythamitaclly like hitting street lines on a feeway. Only when my foot was off that gas, so under no power. I did some research and took it to...
  11. R

My 2003 X registry

12/15/13 It snowed here in Michigan and we got a few inches. I took my kids playing in the 4 wheel drive. (sorry no pics) I heard a loud thump in the front P side area. I slowly drove home and seen what I could find. The front axle was leaking fluid from EVERYWHERE. I'm a pretty big 4x4...
  12. R

My 2003 X registry

Sorry for the delay in posting, more on the reason later. 12/13/13 My Flowmaster arrived. I purchased it brand new shipped for $62. It was a 44 series. A local shop installed it for $70...he also replaced the pipe from the flange at the Cats to a foot behind the exhaust due to the size...
  13. R

2002 Ford Explorer on 28's

Welcome to the forums, to being a Ford owner and Explorer. Can't say I'd put those on but it really is a unique look. How is the ride? and as long as you are happy with it, enjoy it.
  14. R

Slow/hard starting

Thank you, at least its a direction. Stumped as I said. Stay tuned...
  15. R

My 2003 X registry

12/6/13 Puzzled Thread here Since I've got it, it is a slow start. 3 to 4 cranks most times, many times is much more. Sometimes I have to stop cranking and start over. I've replaced the fuel filter, added new gas and Techron to the tank, had the fuel pump checked and according to the mechanic...
  16. R

Slow/hard starting

About 5 days ago.
  17. R

Remote/Key FOB?

A few ways; look up how to program them via google and see if your door locks respond to the steps you need to take (you'll hear them lock etc), if you have a Key FOB at home that you aren't using (Ford) you can use that to program or head to Advanced Auto or other parts store and purchase one.
  18. R

2015 Mustang Photos Released

It looks good. I'm a fan! Is it the best looking one ever? No, but they once again stay ahead of the competition with this look and 'Stang. I have a feeling it will grow on me more too.
  19. R

Engine ate my glove. Should I worry?

Sorry about the bad incident but this thread is worth its weight in gold. Funny stuff. "Did it turn it head and cough?" LOL classic.:thumbsup:
  20. R

Slow/hard starting

Got a question, I've done some searching and looked around here to find out info but everything that has been talked about I've worked on. Anyway, here is what is going on. I recently purchased a 2003 X 4.6L 4x4...blah blah blah. Since I've got it, it is a slow start. 3 to 4 cranks most...
  21. R

My 2003 X registry

12/5/13 Flushed and changed my antifreeze. Found a great thread here which really was helpful. I did use this FLUSH I rinsed it an extra time, (one more time that the product called for) filled it with WAY more antifreeze than needed and drove for close to 20 minutes. Tomorrow I will...
  22. R

Tom's '97 XLT registry

Tom what an amazing registry. Maybe my favorite thread here so far. I actually read every page (not just looking at pix) and I'm amazed at what you have done to the X. Thanks for sharing your 4 wheeling experience and the fun times you've gotten to share with your family. Nice work.
  23. R

03 XLT 4x4 V6 Struts

Thanks for the links Rondo. Excellent and easy to find info with members like you willing to help out. My Monroe arrive next week and this will make it easier.
  24. R

3rd gen pic's

1st time posting here, but I've done a few upgrades so maybe my ride is now worthy LOL Added a bug deflector and a shorty antenna, the rest of the my projects are listed in my registry at the bottom. Love the registry, its like a memo that I can keep updated to see what I've spent.
  25. R

My 2003 X registry

This weekend I got lots done, took me longer than I wanted or expected. I changed the plugs to Motorcraft Platnium, the old were BAD and different. Some were pure white, others baby blue paint and different numbers. Good thing I did this. Wasn't hard at all. I also changed my oil to pure...
Back