Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Why is the 5.0 so slow?

Maybe I just got lucky but my 5.0 4r70w 3.73 geared 2wd ex is pretty quick for a 4700lb brick. I have a few mods and a shift kit. No its not as fast as my 3100lb mustang but thats apples and oranges. There are a few things that really wake these vehicles up, but you cant expect the trusty 5.0 to...
  2. J

Need help! Multiple problems all at once 06 ex

Yesterday my wifes 06 explorer went crazy. Gas cap light came on, changed it fixed that. 30miles later came back on and check engine light also. Had it checked evap system came on. They turned it off and it ran better for 20 min. Then they all came back on and rough idle insued followed by ac...
  3. J

Street Truck Build

my 2000 is a 2wd v8 model. the shedding of the weight makes huge diff. rode in v8 all wheel drive, lot slower. assuming its because of the weight diff.
  4. J

Slamming a 1998 Limited?

turdle. i am lowering mine today as we speak. my questtion is on the wheels however. My x is a limited with the flare to running board set up. if I run a 17x10 on rear will it flush my wheel to factory flare line or would you just go with spacers on rear with 17x9? this has been looming in my...
  5. J

help center console power problems

cool i will thanks
  6. J

help center console power problems

I have no power in my center console. cd changer will load but wont play. button lights quit and rear console controls quit. only thing that works is the heat on off and the disc magazine load. Looked at fuses and they appear to be fine what am I missing? this is my 00 model
  7. J

How to: Install camber adjusters 2nd Gen Explorer - Fixing a lowered X's alignment

how many adjusters do you need 2 or 4 and how many come to a kit?
  8. J

transmission and torque converter question

if computer isnt commanding it to lock up what do I do
  9. J

transmission and torque converter question

my 2000 v8 explorer has the 4r70w in it. my question is does this transmission have a lock-up converter or what? I thought my 98 gt which had the same transmission. i thought it had a lock up converter. anyway from 60mph up the rpms never drop. usually on a lock up vehicle you could touch the...
  10. J

need advice from someone with real experience

how do I post pics of my vehicle?
  11. J

need advice from someone with real experience

I have a 2000 ex limited that i have started creating my own little fake svt model. So with that being said heres my problem. I am used to modifying mustangs not explorers and i know the not obvious differences are many so here we go. I want a truck not for the strip but that will haul tail and...
  12. J

sunroof problems

thank you sir I appreciate that will be trying that tomorrow for sure
  13. J

TORQUE MONSTER Headers GROUP BUY

im interested as well. i have tried several different exhaust setups on my 00 explorer. aggrivated at the lack of performance i can get naturally aspperated. im used to mustangs however and the power to weight ratio is way different even though my ex basically has the 93 cobra motor except for...
  14. J

sunroof problems

my sunroof on my 00 explorer has all of a sudden started pooring in the front when it comes a hard rain whats the deal? never done it before. someone told me that there is two drain holes in the front and they may be clogged any suggestions:feedback:
Back